New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm hopefully the family sponsored intake is the same or more in the next financial year. I wonder how many people who have the option to switch subclasses will and whether DIMIA will allow Cat 5 to switch? There will be people who were short of the 120 points required for 885/175 but surely must be able to reach that target due to Australian employment, etc.

Does this mean that any 886s allocated to a CO will have to wait until July or those which aren't allocated?

I think this means no more CO allocations (actually I re read that limited) till at least next financial year. I dunno why they cannot allocate now and then grant these visas next financial year (less than 8 weeks away).

BAD NEWS? "yet to commence" is a bad news? change your mood VB, being positive will give u a luck

cheer up!

They are not goiing to allocate case officers to family sponsored applicants during this financial year. Am I wrong?Correct me if I am wrong?

GSM has also limited the allocation of Skilled Australian Sponsored cases lodged in and outside Australia due to there being a low number of available visa places remaining this program year. Skilled Australian Sponsored applicants in both Priority Groups 4 and 5, whose applications are yet to be allocated to a case officer will be affected.

Guest Costa13

Hey!!

My husband and I are cat 5 south australia state sponsored(offshore)- Visa Subclass 475. We applied in May 2010. With reference to new diac update does this mean we will be allocated a case officer before 31st May 2012?

I know thats what the update specifies but its just that i'm sure diac has a lot of state sponsored applications prior to 2010. A confirmation would be nice:cute:

Also would it be a good idea to start with the medicals and pcc right now even though we have'nt been allocated a case officer?

Last year DIAC granted 9117 visas to Family Sponsored Category and this year's target is not even half of that. But anyways I doubt DIAC can fill the quota of 24,000 applicants under State Migration Plan & 44,000 under Skilled Independent going into new financial year. So worst case scenario all the Grp 5 applications still shld be processed in 2012-13.

They have categorised priority groups further in to State Sponsored and Family Sponsored. They have given almost the same dates to all the offshore state sponsored applicants but in case of onshore family sponsored category 5 applicants they have some different criteria. every year they put all the family sponsored applicants into deep holes.

I think it will be interesting to see the next update.. Which is on 8 May...

Interesting to see that they have updated this table on 24 April 2012...(Tuesday).So now they will update the tables on Tuesdays..

Guest indaussie

They are not goiing to allocate case officers to family sponsored applicants during this financial year. Am I wrong?Correct me if I am wrong?

Yes bro VB , you are right but it's only two months to go and then come new financial year and you will be the folirst one to get co's so hope for the best. At least they have started processing offshore application so your turn will come soon l. Be positive and be happy and good luck !!

Typical! I knew this was going to happen. Writing on the wall again. Never mind. I've waited this long, it's become part of my process. Note - I did not say 'the' process as it is I again who is pushed further down the heap and of course people in my situation. Why do DIAC think that Family sponsored Skilled Applicants are worth less than State sponsored? We all have to be assessed the same way... Anyway, enough Ramble.. As somebody on here said they will start again in July with Family allocations with new quota, let's just hope they have not reduced the number to '10' for 2012/13 allocation for family sponsored LOL - you got to keep your sense of humor as this is the biggest Joke I've ever been told. Good Luck to us anyway - trying to keep positive:dull:

I Have noticed that they have not changed any date on the table in offshore processing. 12 september 2011

They have changed only onshore dates.not offshore.I think they have stopped the processing of category 4 family sponsored.They will only process category 4 state sponsored 176 applicants now.

Question Mark on our processing now???????????

can we differentiate b/w Single * and double ** ?

* is for family sponsored category 4 applicants.

** is for category 5 family sponsored applicants now see what is written in front of ** in notes

I think they will not process any category 4 family sponsored applicant in this financial year

But what about us?

I m so angry at the way DIAC treating family sponsored applicants, in their eyes we are parasites, I m paying 25 thousands tax every year for the last 5 year's and still considered a virus, people get PR in one month after 1 month and they come here and drive taxis and pay 0 dollar tax. My life is becoming a rollercoaster. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

Arrgghh!! Pushed to the bottom again!! I guess it's only 2 months until the new financial year, then the picture will be more clear and us family sponsored peeps may find out more. I sometimes find it hard to belive what DI-CRAP say though! My application was to take 12 months to process, that was in DEC 2008 ha!

Congrats to all that have CO's, good luck!

I really hope DIAC should increase the numbers for Skilled Australian Sponsored (Family Sponsored) in the next financial year 2012-13.

Does anybody have fair idea if our CO's would be appointed in the next year?

i think they will since the next financial year is a few months away already. so we will just wait. at least we have a clear picture of the processing...if there have been many FS visas than SS visas and SS visas still has slots, they will get some FS to fill in those slots

Archived