New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Guest indaussie
Some interesting Stat 2011-12

As at 20 April 2012 there were approximately 900 unfinalised Priority Group 5 state and territory sponsored cases lodged outside of Australia. There are approximately 2100 applicants in these cases. There are 24,000 state and territory sponsored places in the 2011-12 migration program. At the end of March processed over 18 000 applications.

Hi the worm what is the source of this info ?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Me Gusta
Some more details please? I submitted all my documents to the CO on the 18th of April. I'm still waiting for approval. How long did it take for your CO to approve your application?

Hi Max09, here are the details

CO: 30 March 2012

PCC: 5 April 2012

Medicals: 23 April 2012

Visa 885 Grant: 30 April 2012

Good luck to you!!!

Guest gem1981
Hi Max09, here are the details

CO: 30 March 2012

PCC: 5 April 2012

Medicals: 23 April 2012

Visa 885 Grant: 30 April 2012

Good luck to you!!!

hi me gusta

i applied for onshore 885 visa march 2009, as hairdresser, been living in australia ever since. i got allocated a CO on 21 april, ive sent off new police clearance certificates and i have medical on fri 4 may...did your CO ask for any further info once you had submitted these things? im hopeful that my residency will be approved as quickly as yours! congrats on your visa.

Guest elysium
Hey guys!!

Thought I'd post an update - PR granted 30th April 2012!!

There is light at the end of the tunnel after all! (And no, it wasn't an oncoming train:))

Best of luck guys!! There's been a lot of movement this week so expect more CO's to be allocated!

Congratulations!! :)

Ok, just wondering. Did you receive an envelope from Medibank after your medicals? Did you have to post that to your Case Officer in Brisbane, or keep it for yourself as the case officer has an electronic version of your results from Medibank?

Guest elysium
AUSPOST lost my envelope!

The envelope of medical results from Medibank?

That's why I wanted to confirm with MeGusta if he was required to send that envelope to the case officer prior to his visa grant :)

Hi, Guys

For Financial Year 2010- 2011, Anticipated Quota for 886 Famliy Sponsored were 3500, however the actual outcome were 9117.

( http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm)

On Immigration Blog, it says" For example, in this (2011-2012) program year there has been a lower number of applications lodged under a state migration plan (priority group 3) than anticipated when government originally set the planning levels. To meet the set levels for this part of the program we have allocated some of the priority group 5 applications in greater numbers."

Do you think Immigration may give 886 some extra quota.

Here is the link: http://migrationblog.immi.gov.au/2012/04/27/migration-program-planning-levels-and-priority-processing-arrangements/

If you have any questions, you can post it on Immigration blog, it will all be answered according to previous record

That's why I wanted to confirm with MeGusta if he was required to send that envelope to the case officer prior to his visa grant :)

I spoke to Medibank and they don't want to take any responsibility but they did say that it shouldn't be a problem as the CO will be able to see the medical results on their system, if a receipt or reference number has been provided to them.

My case officer told me to keep the envelope with me but he's already confirmed the results online.

Guest RAE3

Here's our timeline

Visa: 176 - Family Sponsored

Date applied: 08/10/2009

Role: Butcher

CO assigned:

Visa Grant:

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for a move to Brisbane next Easter are we being unrealistic???

Good luck to everyone else.

One of my friend applied for his PR (Horticulture - 886) on 28 Dec 2008

Got CO Assigned 23/03/12

Provided req Health checks and other docs to his Lawyer

30/04 - Application finalized (REFUSED)

Reason of refusal - Form 1277 was not received.

My friend handed over this to his lawyer but his lawyer messed up everything and did not forward it to the case officer. He is now in utmost shock and tears..............He has emailed the case officer about his plight and will have to lodge MRT now.........

Bloody lawyer.....

Got CO Assigned 23/03/12

My friend handed over this to his lawyer but his lawyer messed up everything and did not forward it to the case officer. He is now in utmost shock and tears..............He has emailed the case officer about his plight and will have to lodge MRT now.........

Bloody lawyer.....

we need to start naming the dodgy lawyers & agents to avoid this horrible stories

Got CO Assigned 23/03/12

Bloody lawyer.....

Well I can never understand that there has been so many stories about these dodgy lawyers still people preferring them for submitting their applications. Its such an easy job applying either online or paperbased n keeping tracks of the things yourself rather than giving your life to someone else. So your friend has no one to blame but himself.

Well I can never understand that there has been so many stories about these dodgy lawyers still people preferring them for submitting their applications. Its such an easy job applying either online or paperbased n keeping tracks of the things yourself rather than giving your life to someone else. So your friend has no one to blame but himself.

might need a bit reminder that not everyone have english as their first language, i've been living in australia for 10+ years, still those forms have wordings that confuse me at times.

I'm sure for some it's easy for some to make the application for themselves, but we aren't exactly stupid, and having had a bad experience with a dodgy application from an agent, didn't want to take the risk of a further mistake. So it was our choice to go with a well respected agent who posts regularly on this forum to ensure everything was done correctly.

So don't criticise peoples decisions just because they might differ from yours. Also you can be fairly naive when you start the visa application process, we certainly know more now and would perhaps feel more confident to go it alone now.

If all the facts are correct ref. the above poster, is it not the lawyer who should be sorting this mess out.

I'm sure for some it's easy for some to make the application for themselves, but we aren't exactly stupid, and having had a bad experience with a dodgy application from an agent, didn't want to take the risk of a further mistake. So it was our choice to go with a well respected agent who posts regularly on this forum to ensure everything was done correctly.

So don't criticise peoples decisions just because they might differ from yours. Also you can be fairly naive when you start the visa application process, we certainly know more now and would perhaps feel more confident to go it alone now.

If all the facts are correct ref. the above poster, is it not the lawyer who should be sorting this mess out.

DIAC clearly states that its your sole responsiblity to make sure each n every doc gets submitted. You can't just tell DIAC that lawyer forgot to do that. Plain simple VISA REFUSAL if what you are going to get. So my point is that even though if someone does hire a lawyer its the applicants responsiblity to make sure everything gets forwarded to DIAC. Its like playing with your life with your residency applications. Too big a risk trusting lawyers blind foldedly.

Guest Rajiv Ratti

Was 1277 supposed to be uploaded at the time of lodgment( upfront) in case of online application, or this can be uploaded subsequently or on the request from CO? Thanks and I would appreciate your time to clear this to me.

guys ,everybody is devastated as me .i was reading when the table was updated and at that time most of the people were saying that for 885 they will processin fast pace but.......i dont think ssooooooooooooooooooooooo....as there are very few allocation....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:....freezed

guys ,everybody is devastated as me .i was reading when the table was updated and at that time most of the people were saying that for 885 they will processin fast pace but.......i dont think ssooooooooooooooooooooooo....as there are very few allocation....

I got a case officer nearly 2 months ago but he's just dragging his feet. I had provided everything to him within a week of allocation and my last document was submitted exactly a month ago. My case officer keeps on asking me to submit the employment history section from form 80 and no matter how many times I do what he asks, he asks me to do the same thing again. Don't know what exactly is he expecting to come out of it!! :/

Hello all -

I am bit confused. I am an 885 onshore Feb 09 applicant. Have they put a hold on 885 onshore applicants too? Just read this online:

As indicated in that information only State Sponsored Offshore Priority 5 applications are currently being allocated and allocations of Skilled Australian Sponsored applications on- and offshore in Priority Groups 4 and 5 are on hold as we seek to ensure sufficient State Sponsored and Skilled Independent applications are in the processing stream to deliver the 2011-2012 Migration Program according to the planning levels set by Government. I would expect the allocation of current Priority 5 applications both on and offshore will continue throughout the 2012-2013 Program Year in line with available Migration Program places in specific GSM categories and any Ministerial Processing Directions.

http://www.4-corners.com.au/newsletter.html

can I ask if you apply 886 online do you have to do that form 1227 as well? I applied 3.5 years ago so can't remember and can't see anywhere on their website to check what I uploaded, I only remember that it took me through steps and then asked me to upload the required documents so I assume the form was incorporated into the questions?

Guest Leo Nard

applied 3 years ago. same thing with me not sure if i have already update/filled. but worried about these things n cant see any form related to 1277 on their online system as well.

:unsure:

can I ask if you apply 886 online do you have to do that form 1227 as well? I applied 3.5 years ago so can't remember and can't see anywhere on their website to check what I uploaded, I only remember that it took me through steps and then asked me to upload the required documents so I assume the form was incorporated into the questions?

I think the form 1277 is included in the online process already when you have to fill out the online sponsorship application (as we had to do 2 separate application when we do online, one is for the applicant and one is for the person who sponsor the applicant)

We used a Migration Agent throughout our visa process from the Vetassess assessment to visa lodgement, this was to ensure that all the correct documentation was uploaded correctly and to be honest just so we didnt have to think about it! And we don't have any regrets, he did everything including certifying all our documents. But I do remember that the 1277 form was sent to our relatives in Australia to complete before we could proceed with the online application, which was then returned to the Agent with all the necessary documents required from them.

Archived