New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct me if i'm wrong but the last update was dated 14-04-2012 and was announced 16-04-2012 so the next update should have been 28-04-2012 and announced 30-04-2012, but what really happened is that the update was dated 24-04-2012 that means it was a week early from its scheduled time.

If his is true this should be good news that DIAC is working faster and announcing updates also faster.

So be positive and wait that little more and we'll all be allocated soon.

DIAC says that for offshore Priority Group 5 subclass 176, 475 and 495 (State or Territory Sponsored):applicants can expect to be contacted by a case officer by 31 May 2012.

Do they mean all people lying in aforementioned subclass SS will get CO's by 31st May. Is this possible or realistic? Can anybody give their honest opinions.

Also does anybody has figure how many 176, 475 and 495 SS offshore applications will be in all becoz if we subtract that figure from

14 914 (total group 5 offshore pending as of 13 April 2012) will be come to the pending FS applications remaining.

yes, this means that around 31st May 2012, these people will be allocated !!..just because the no. of places which was set by DIAC fro SMP - priority 3 has not been filled up, they have decided to open all the applications which is STATE SPONSORED.. So that they can fill their quota of seats. DIAC expected large number of applicants from SMP(STATE MIGRATION PLAN) but that doesnt happn !! I can't see that a bad news for all of us. By the start of new financial year, huge application backlog will be reduced due to this.. and rest of application will be processed at a faster speed.. The only thing is that rest of us( Family sponsored) has to wait for 1 July 2012 for the rest of processing to be started. And next year family quota would be enough for people like VB to get his case processed and granted !!

yes, this means that around 31st May 2012, these people will be allocated !!..just because the no. of places which was set by DIAC fro SMP - priority 3 has not been filled up, they have decided to open all the applications which is STATE SPONSORED.. So that they can fill their quota of seats. DIAC expected large number of applicants from SMP(STATE MIGRATION PLAN) but that doesnt happn !! I can't see that a bad news for all of us. By the start of new financial year, huge application backlog will be reduced due to this.. and rest of application will be processed at a faster speed.. The only thing is that rest of us( Family sponsored) has to wait for 1 July 2012 for the rest of processing to be started. And next year family quota would be enough for people like VB to get his case processed and granted !!

Hi dhawan. Do you think they will

process us FS as soon as they annouce they new quota or we have to wait again couple of years

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/13792-finallyyy-i-got-my-visa-yaahooooo-vb886.html

Says, 29 April 2009 (886) applicant got CO on 21 March 2012. Visa grant 24 April 2012 and DIAC processing says they are processing applications before 22nd December 2008. Doesn't make sense at all.

The 29 April 09 applicant who got CO must be a state sponsored applicant which has the same subclass 886.

Actually doesnt look like a State Sponsored candidate..hmm interesting..Anyways DIAC has only said that allocation of family sponsered onshore visas has been limited not completely stopped so few people will still be getting visas in next 2 months.

Guest bindragagan
Actually doesnt look like a State Sponsored candidate..hmm interesting..Anyways DIAC has only said that allocation of family sponsered onshore visas has been limited not completely stopped so few people will still be getting visas in next 2 months.

And you never know after allocating all state sponsored by 31st May they start allocating FS applicants. Lets wait and watch as usual.

And you never know after allocating all state sponsored by 31st May they start allocating FS applicants. Lets wait and watch as usual.

Yup thats a real possibility. With skill-select coming in July the first invitation to applicants will go in Aug so basically there wouldn't be any new applications at all in July and Aug as well. DIAC can easily process 12,000-15,000 P5 applications between now and Aug 12. There will be hardly 3000-4000 new applications in Group 3 & 4 between now and Aug so its looking all good.

With the approx 15k offshore applicants, and the speed of 1k being processed each week, we are probably looking at another 5-6 months times from July(new quota started) to get all 15k applicants allocated. Supposedy 15 weeks or 4 months to be exact but given that there are still some other subclass ,on/off shores, so the estimation of 5-6 months is highly possible.

Such heartbreaking news for us FS offshore cat 5 :( Always being pushed at the bottom of the line. On the other hand, July is just around the corner and all we can do is wait (again), hope and pray. At least there was no mention of the dreaded C & C....

Hi dhawan. Do you think they will

process us FS as soon as they annouce they new quota or we have to wait again couple of years

Its not what i think but its very obvious once they enter the new financial year, they will automatically have set quota for FS and i think its very obvious they will start it as soon as they enters JULY 2012.

http://www.australiaforum.com/visas-immigration/13792-finallyyy-i-got-my-visa-yaahooooo-vb886.html

Says, 29 April 2009 (886) applicant got CO on 21 March 2012. Visa grant 24 April 2012 and DIAC processing says they are processing applications before 22nd December 2008. Doesn't make sense at all.

It does make sense.. The dates given in allocation table suggets - All the application till 22 Dec 2008 is being allocated, however there can be few application which have been allocated like u said 29 april 2009 , but since not all the applications been allocated till 29 april thats y the dates shows 22 dec 2008 and not 29 april 2009 !!

They are not fooling us atleast in this case !!

I have one question which i hope someone can answer. What was the FS quota last year? In fact I would like to know the quota for each category if someone has the same.

There isn't any official quota as such for Cat 5. There were fewer Cat 1-4 applications lodged this year hence DIAC had no choice but to start picking up Cat 5 applications to complete their yearly quota target.

jst wanna give gud news to all that i gt PR today (30.4.2012) after 3 years 3 months....... all the best to everyone on this blog:)

Archived