New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

DONT MIND, But this blog has gone into a hole of negativity..

We can see people putting useless, baseless information of quota reached or cap and cease.. its like different stories from different mouths..

If quota is been reached , DIAC should put this information with allocation table just as they put different information at different times.

Cap and Cease is only speculation from people here and it not advised in any form anywhere..

So guys, its a request please put a factual information and Avoid things which you heard from somebody else. Please put if you have it in written officially.

Speculation should only be on facts not just because somebody said this and that..!!

This way we can share a healthy and correct information...!!

(Apologies if i hurt someone)

Good Luck and Enjoy ANZAC DAY

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DONT MIND, But this blog has gone into a hole of negativity..

We can see people putting useless, baseless information of quota reached or cap and cease.. its like different stories from different mouths..

If quota is been reached , DIAC should put this information with allocation table just as they put different information at different times.

Cap and Cease is only speculation from people here and it not advised in any form anywhere..

So guys, its a request please put a factual information and Avoid things which you heard from somebody else. Please put if you have it in written officially.

Speculation should only be on facts not just because somebody said this and that..!!

This way we can share a healthy and correct information...!!

(Apologies if i hurt someone)

Good Luck and Enjoy ANZAC DAY

I totaly agree with you Mr. Dhawan. Since last few posts, negative energy is prevailing in the forum specially in this thread. So baseless posts are being posted here...Anyways good luck to you.

Guest VickyMel

Wooo Hooo - Congratulations on your CO Mlsdq that is wonderful news.

I am not in PIO as much as I used to be (been a bit busy the last few months).

I love to see good news happening in the dinosaur realm. I went up and down the categories with many of you guys during 2009 and 2010 - I just got lucky at one point otherwise would still be here with you.

Re some of the previous pages from my days of waiting and running a couple of similar threads I can remember that when COs started being allocated to older groups thaat we often saw a large area of spead over the dates people seemed to be getting allocated COs.

This suggested a few things - that DIAC probably grab a load of applications and allocated them out to the different COs. That dependent on how the different COs and their teams worked they would contact the applicants at different times.

When applications started being allocated again in one of the old threads there was a spread over about 5 months where people were hearing from COs - so people who applied in Jan might not have heard even though people in May were hearing from a CO - yet the reality was that they were all with COs they just heard back from them at different times. Because the older applications are often fewer in number and spread out over a period of time it often looked as if they were being processed out of order but they weren't it was just variations in the CO's working methods.

I hope that makes sense.

Hoping all you guys start to see movement - it really is appauling that you are still waiting. Try to stay supportive I know when I was waiting that the tensions became so bad at times and I got really negative on here at times. Yet the only people who understood what I was going through were my PIO friends.

Stay strong guys.

Vicky

Hi VickyMel!!!!!!!

you're back here! i still have the memories of our time and gollywobbler's help to make us feel ok and ur kind words to make everyone feel better. and yes what you said makes sense... i havent thought about that!

i so cant wait for allocations to other applications so everybody will be happy!

it was a shock to me coz it seems they skipped 2006-august 2009 offshore here when they allocated me. prolly these "other" CO's are what? taking their time to check the application before they send email? hope CO knows those applicants are patiently waiting for their precious email for friggin years!

thanks a lot hon. finally a light at the end of the tunnel. but im firmly believe they will also get allocated in a soonest time. just keep positive positive positive.

hope youre having a great time in melbourne!

*hug*

Guest gem1981

i applied for 885 gsm visa in march 2009 as hairdresser, i have been living in australia ever since, last wk, i got email saying can i get new medical and police check.i now have a case officer, who is in team 31. please can anyone comment on my chances of getting my pr soon!??? desperate for it all to be finalised, its been too long.thanks all. x

Wooo Hooo - Congratulations on your CO Mlsdq that is wonderful news.

I am not in PIO as much as I used to be (been a bit busy the last few months).

I love to see good news happening in the dinosaur realm. I went up and down the categories with many of you guys during 2009 and 2010 - I just got lucky at one point otherwise would still be here with you.

Re some of the previous pages from my days of waiting and running a couple of similar threads I can remember that when COs started being allocated to older groups thaat we often saw a large area of spead over the dates people seemed to be getting allocated COs.

This suggested a few things - that DIAC probably grab a load of applications and allocated them out to the different COs. That dependent on how the different COs and their teams worked they would contact the applicants at different times.

When applications started being allocated again in one of the old threads there was a spread over about 5 months where people were hearing from COs - so people who applied in Jan might not have heard even though people in May were hearing from a CO - yet the reality was that they were all with COs they just heard back from them at different times. Because the older applications are often fewer in number and spread out over a period of time it often looked as if they were being processed out of order but they weren't it was just variations in the CO's working methods.

I hope that makes sense.

Hoping all you guys start to see movement - it really is appauling that you are still waiting. Try to stay supportive I know when I was waiting that the tensions became so bad at times and I got really negative on here at times. Yet the only people who understood what I was going through were my PIO friends.

Stay strong guys.

Vicky

Hey Vicky,

Thanks for such positive explanaion on the current situation. If I could understand correctly you guys are saying that they might have allocated case officers to all the applicants of category 5 offshore from year 2006,2007,2008 and 2009. Well, Well.. How many case officers will be working on these numbers?Sorry but If you are suggesting me not to be practical... It can not be possible unless they cap and cease all the applicants of 2006,2007, 2008 and 2009.

i applied for 885 gsm visa in march 2009 as hairdresser, i have been living in australia ever since, last wk, i got email saying can i get new medical and police check.i now have a case officer, who is in team 31. please can anyone comment on my chances of getting my pr soon!??? desperate for it all to be finalised, its been too long.thanks all. x

added your timeline. can u tell us what date u exactly applied? and when did u get a CO? what date was that?

thanks

Pls DON'T even use the words 'cap and cease' unless you see it on the DIAC website! Just to read the words gives one goose pimples! we have all waited so long patiently and positively, let's stay that way. Everyone's day will come, sooner or later, let us just pray and hope that the day arrives with good news.

Quite interesting this - haven't really been following much (So busy at work...!) Looking at numbers on Page 8 against http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm, there seem to be difference in defintion for Skills sponsored and Australian sponsored...

if we go by Skilled Sponsored = state sponsored, since state nominated and sponsored are two different stuff.. (correct me if I am wrong please)

and Australian sponsored = 886, then Australian sponsored only had 14 in total, against 4100 planned.

Then again, no clue. Just waiting again. /goes back to his work hole

Quite interesting this - haven't really been following much (So busy at work...!) Looking at numbers on Page 8 against http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm, there seem to be difference in defintion for Skills sponsored and Australian sponsored...

if we go by Skilled Sponsored = state sponsored, since state nominated and sponsored are two different stuff.. (correct me if I am wrong please)

and Australian sponsored = 886, then Australian sponsored only had 14 in total, against 4100 planned.

Then again, no clue. Just waiting again. /goes back to his work hole

you are correct, if you look at the footnote, it clearly state that Australian sponsored is "Includes brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, non-dependent children, working age parents, grandchildren and first cousins who have been skill tested."

After allocating around 18 months of Grp 5 applications DIAC has alarmingly slowed down over last month. God knows what july holds. There will be definitely some announcement about Priority Processing in July 2012. With all these changes, subclasses coming from 1st July DIAC should clear all the backlog in first two quarters and then start afresh from 1st Jan 2013.

After allocating around 18 months of Grp 5 applications DIAC has alarmingly slowed down over last month. God knows what july holds. There will be definitely some announcement about Priority Processing in July 2012. With all these changes, subclasses coming from 1st July DIAC should clear all the backlog in first two quarters and then start afresh from 1st Jan 2013.

Don't forget that onshore applicants will be allowed to lodge applications under the old system till 30 december 2012

Don't forget that onshore applicants will be allowed to lodge applications under the old system till 30 december 2012

That is true indeed. There must have been so many new Grp 5 applications coming in before end of 2012 from people currently on 485 visa and occupation under old SOL.

Guest indaussie

Hi dear Ricky d , who said they have slowed down ? I had a chat with my migration agent yesterday and she said that some applicants from aPril 2009 have received co's . It means they have reached near to April so don't panic just be happy and wait a little more with patience.

Guest indaussie
That is true indeed. There must have been so many new Grp 5 applications coming in before end of 2012 from people currently on 485 visa and occupation under old SOL.

Hey Ricky , don't worry abt last minute cat 5 onshore. Application cz there won't be too many as they need 6 each in ielts and I know lots of people , those can't get 6 each in ielts so don't worry too much .

On another forum someone called DIAC helpline...

Here is the cenversation...

Originally Posted by leo9ricon viewpost.gif

Guys,

I just called up the department.

Operator said that Department is starting to process Priority 5 applications. I

asked her if they stopped processing 175 applications. She said she has no

information on this. Seems to be bad news.

She was not clear either it is offshore or onshore. It was brief conversation

and she was trying to avoid telling me that they stopped allocations for 175

group. May be they felf that they were much ahead of processing time standards.

Its pity.

Guest Suit007
Hi dear Ricky d , who said they have slowed down ? I had a chat with my migration agent yesterday and she said that some applicants from aPril 2009 have received co's . It means they have reached near to April so don't panic just be happy and wait a little more with patience.

April 2009! Good to hear and thanks for sharing :)

It should really pick up from now on as there are no upcoming Public holidays.

vow really..activity on this forum has really slowed down over last month or so but if they have reached April then way to go. We still have people in this forum who applied in Jan, Feb, Mar 09 and still haven't been allocated with COs..so cant understand it

Guest vick3

Hi All

just want to let you know that i have been allocated CO today.

Lodgement date 2nd march 2009

Visa Class 885

CO Allocated 26th April 2012

Team 32 requested to provide AFP Check, 80 no form and health check.

Good luck to all of you!!!!!

Guest gem1981

i dont know how to add the category 5 timeline, sorry, im new to this!!

Archived