New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

Please keep our respective frustations with ourself, Dont curse someone who have got CO just because that is not acc to DIAC. mlsdq has been on this blog for so long. Just because you didnt got CO and she got , doesnt mean she is wrong. Dont blame someone without a proof, VB we understand your frustation but this is DIAC anything can happn.. Its her luck that she got CO !! We should appreciate if someone is sharing the news with us on the blog !! Moreover, she has attached the status of her application..Just to make us sure ..Otherwise nobody care..you believe or dont believe doesnt matter..!!

Offshore guys - You critisize Mlsdq so much,, just remember if she has got CO, that means half your doubts should be clear (atleast there is no cap or cease, which you guys talk too often)..GOOD LUCK ALL !!

Please be calm and wait for your applications been allocated.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Misdq, just in case any negative posts have upset you, you have received far more positive ones sending their congrats, and thanking you for the work that you have done for everyone. So don't let the negative ones get you down.

We should all celebrate every long term poster getting a CO and or their visa, and keep hoping that one day this thread will be closed because there are no more cat 5 left without their visas.

Msldq congratulations from thebottom of my heart, it must be areason why you been allocated a CO, In my opinion you being processed under cat 3 because your occupationgraphic designer is under the off list of South Australia.

or may beDIAC rewarded you for your great job in maintaining this thread alive

Msldq themajority of members here are so happy for you and wishing you a successful future in Australia and a speedy grant, so please bear in mind that we love you and wish you the best

our turnwill come in a mysterious way like everybody. Things happen for a reason

Guest bindragagan

Because one of my mate is a migration agent in India. He told me yesterday that two of his category 5 offshore cases got CO allocated. It doesn't mean processing has started. It only means we do not understand how DIAC works. Its not DIAC, it is up to the case managers. There are some case officers who work differently than others. One of his 487 onshore case (July 2009) got CO allocated as well. One of his category 4 (offshore) case was allocated visa officer 5 months back, all the documents were submitted within 15 days, but there is no VISA.

DIAC may be right 90% about their priority processing but at the end of the day, there are human being sitting like us, some are totally white and black about policy and some work in their own style as in every workplace. One case was allocated CO on Saturday and we only know they work from Monday to Friday. Some may work from home.

Hang in there guys. We will get residency it is the matter of the time. I was scared because cap and cease last year but that's an old story. They have clearly stared that they are allocated onshore category 5 right now and will start offshore once all onshore are allocated. It means they are going to allocate not cap and cease as per my understanding. Just hang in there and keep sharing................

Thank you mlsdq for sharing this with us. I believe you may have been allocated a CO because of your application circumstance. Didn't you change it during the process? In other words it seems not to be like mine - i.e. straight forward 475 application and never changing my mind about it. Anyway, I would just like to calm everyone down on here. Lets not fall out! We all know DIAC works in mysterious ways and maybe, this application fell between the lines and they are about to start on off-shore CAT5's?! It has got to be a good sign, right? I'm keeping my positivity here :em3900:. Thank you all for your encouraging words. I don't quite know what I would have done if Poms in Oz did not exist! Thank you All!
Hi

Hi honey and to all of you,

nope i didnt change my application ever during the process. i lodged it sept 2009 and hoped ill get it a few months later but sept 23 changes came. i fell down, i was with dinosaurs before and i knew how bad it was.... good thing those dinosaurs already had their visa but just some left here now.

my occupation was also removed by the time sept 23 came *i think* coz i was thinking of getting SS in other state since i can do it for free, where it was already had a price that time.

so i searched around and I remmeber only in VICTORIA that time my occupation is on their list among the states for offshore applicants. btw my occupation is GRAPHIC DESIGNER (ill put that in my signature). so i didnt pursue getting SS coz i already resigned from work to visit my bf in Aus for 3 months...

I also emailed DIAC before asking about why my application was removed and regarding the offlist nomination when my occupation was put back into their list in the hope im up to cat 2 or 3 when they recategorizing priorities, here's the email, this was when the new SMP list of SA was uploaded last year 2011.

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

As advised previously you are now in the priority 5 processing priority. To have your application considered to be a state nominated "offlist" you will need to contact the either the SA Government or one of the other state or territory governments to see if they are willing to support your application for an "offlist" occupation.

Yours sincerely,

So i contacted SA and their reply (2011)

Dear

As you indicated State Sponsorship was granted to you in 2009 however, your nominated occupation (as has other occupations) has since been removed from the State Sponsored Migration List (SSML). Your application will remain in the DIAC pipeline under Category 4 (or cat 5 now) processing. The Form 1100 was despatched to DIAC on 09/09/2009. Immigration SA no longer has any involvement in the process.

I regret that there is nothing more that Immigration SA can add beyond what is available on the website. Please visit our website before you contact Immigration SA again.

so since they only reveal limited info to me, whatever info on the website, then thats all about it, im in CAT 5 no matter what.

the website says, on their SSML (SMP)

232411 Graphic Designer Off-list criteria applies IELTS 6.5 in each band

and the OFF-list sponsorship means by:

Offlist applications will be considered on a case by case basis with the following guiding principles:

5.1 Immigration SA is able to sponsor a limited number of skilled applicants for occupations that are not included on the State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) – 2011 - 2012 program year but appear on DIAC’s State and Territory SOL (schedule 1 and 2) for Permanent 886 and 176 state sponsorship. but my visa calss if 475 so im cat 5.

5.2 Off-list sponsorship is limited to applicants who are recent South Australian (SA) international graduates, who studied at a South Australian institution and where this study meets the DIAC two year study requirement. If any of the applicant’s studies were undertaken outside of South Australia, a minimum of 50% of their qualification must have been completed in South Australia.

Recent SA International Graduates currently residing in South Australia

Onshore recent SA International Graduates currently residing in South Australia must meet all state sponsorship requirements. They should also meet all requirements listed under 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 and 5.4

5.3 Applicants should meet ONE of the following:

5.3.1 Have completed a Bachelor Degree or qualification higher than a Bachelor Degree in South Australia.

Documents required: A copy of the academic transcript AND a letter of completion from the institution.

links:

http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/applyonline/skilled/planning_level_status.php

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/visa_options/gen_skill3/criteria_for_state_spons.jsp

TO BE HONEST,

I don't know what is happening. I contacted my CO she replied to me right away i think they are processing so fast now. I even thought of spamming her inquiries to know if she has no feelings at all so we can conclude shes a troll to us.

hope this is all clear. I know how upsetting is the wait. i know the feeling so here i am i dont usually post lots coz i dont research and want to know about whats DIAC is doing anymore and im careful what to say here.

I even forgot about this coz we thought of applying fiancee visa already in the next month.

THanks guys for the support. Ive been here longer already but I understand the resentments, Its normal for VB but please lets be positive. THis is a good indication they touching cat 5.

i thought all of you ahead of me when i had the email so i was confused if im going to share it or not coz i know what u will be feeling...

but seems almost everyone is happy. thanks so much..

lol yeah if any of you manage a thread like this, most likely will get a CO ahead hahaha it happened to other cat threads i know and so they pass it to someone to manage it coz they need to move on away from PIO already after their visas.

for the record, this thread already come into two versions. CAT 4 and CAT 5, so i managed CAT 4 thread before and people asked to open up new thread for CAT 5 since they change CAT 4 to CAt 5 now. and cat 3 (by one dinosaur i know to cat 4 by someone from cat 5 named tania)

so as u can see, i am the only thread starter in our batch that still waiting and remain here.

we will see, who knows im denied in the end? lol

Im excited coz finally a light at the end of the tunnel. so slowly we all are getting there... dont give up yet. u waited too long so dont give up for a few more time.

loveu all guys. hope we can endure this and have our visas already.

see you all around! thanks a lot again!

Hey mlsdq, don't worry dear, i believe you, and you did a great job for all the members on this forum....., even if its odd, that's fine you deserve it, by the way my TR was approved last month and i lodged it back in may 2009, DIAC site says they are processing TR 485 application for 2011 and all my friends got their TR before me, even those who have applied after one year :) so weird things happen, :)) by the way add my timeline

Applied 485 : 02-05-2009

Granted 485 : 15-03-2012

Applied 487 NSW Regional (Cook) : 15-07-2009

C.O allocated : Waiting ?

Granted 487: Waiting ?

hi,

i already added ur timeline before u asked. i add any timeline that i can see from cat 5 people here even if they dont ask me to add coz we need it....

thanks

Thank you VB. If we have a re-union party in Oz for off-shore cat 5's in the future, you certainly will be guest of honour ;o)

No blue,

OH Guest of Honour... It's too much.

Well, I shall stop myself from arguing. As I have nothing to with your case officer,Mr./Miss/Mrs. mlsdq. But can not ask me to believe something which out of my knowledge. So, better not to argue. Still I can not belive that you have case officer.

I am not one of those who will believe something which is against the run of the play. And this is so. Anyways,this is my last post on this topic.

Thank you..

I've been a silent reader of this thread, and I'm very surprised that mlsdq has a CO, but at the same time, I'm very happy for him. I do understand VB's frustration, though - as you can see from his timeline, he's been in the process since '07. That's an amazing long time to wait!

Hope things go well for you both, and hang in there VB, your day will come too. ~

hmmmm looks like holiday mode...there are two more public holidays to go ANZAC on Wednesday and Labor Day (QLD) on the 7th of May!

Congrats mlsqd!!! Great news! :biggrin: PS are you hinting at retirement? :wink: Let's hope there are more allocations to come this week.

All the best to those near the allocation dates!

Ummm if they are near the quota for grants this financial year, this does not necessarily mean that CO allocations have stopped...I think they are getting rid of the Cat 4 offshore backlog so that the dinosaurs (Cat 5 offshore) can start being allocated COs.

hmmmm looks like holiday mode...there are two more public holidays to go ANZAC on Wednesday and Labor Day (QLD) on the 7th of May!

Congrats mlsqd!!! Great news! :biggrin: PS are you hinting at retirement? :wink: Let's hope there are more allocations to come this week.

All the best to those near the allocation dates!

nyahahahha. not yet for now since i dont know whats the decision of my application yet, but if ever im good to go, then i need to give the timeline to someone who can continue to manage it. first time in this category (2 versions/threads) to do that.

trust me, whoever takes the job to manage, will get CO early. thats how I see it with other starters. maybe just a coincidence or some DIAC alien is sneaking around?

and guys im a she, hence the meerkat.. a guy cant post a meerkat avatar like that??!!!

To be honest i always feel for vb. Ive been reading his posts during the changes with the diac and it really seems awful to know hes being skipped again. But i firmly believe, he will get his visa soon, as per processing, his visa subclass cat 4 are all already allocated? VB, dont lose hope man. to tell you, my fiancee's dad who migrate from UK to AU took him friggin' 8 years to get his visa due to DIAC changes. so dont ever give up. We will all more be happier if you get your visa one day.

I have heard that the DIAC is going to cap and cease the category 5 offshore applications, which were lodge before 1 july 2009 because from july 2009 rules have been made tougher for offshore and thats why they started to allocate the category 5 offshore applicant who have applied after 30 June 2009. Anyone else heard about it? I dont think they will do it but god knows.

Archived