New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Now approaching 18 weeks (their quoted time was either 14, 15, or 16 weeks max depending on which article or email auto-reply you read); they do not even have the good courtesy to reply to my emails.

After waiting 6 years it's just a further insult really. Oh and on top of course of losing all the other fee's such as Lawyers, Trade Recognitions and IELTS etc.

I wonder if we'll get the same refund in our local currency as to what we paid out if not I stand to lose about another £200.

I've given them absolutely everything they asked for including fortunately still copies of the expired card and the statements.

I am in good mind to contact my credit card company and begin to seek advice from them.

6-9 months was their advice at the time of application of getting my visa - here we are 6 and half years later with no visa, no refund.

Now approaching 18 weeks (their quoted time was either 14, 15, or 16 weeks max depending on which article or email auto-reply you read); they do not even have the good courtesy to reply to my emails.

After waiting 6 years it's just a further insult really. Oh and on top of course of losing all the other fee's such as Lawyers, Trade Recognitions and IELTS etc.

I wonder if we'll get the same refund in our local currency as to what we paid out if not I stand to lose about another £200.

I've given them absolutely everything they asked for including fortunately still copies of the expired card and the statements.

I am in good mind to contact my credit card company and begin to seek advice from them.

6-9 months was their advice at the time of application of getting my visa - here we are 6 and half years later with no visa, no refund.

None of my ceased clients have received a refund. I dropped an email to the minister and commented that I might as well have wiped my bum on it.

None of my ceased clients have received a refund. I dropped an email to the minister and commented that I might as well have wiped my bum on it.

I got a reply email from DIAC regarding the refund:

Thank you for your email.

The processing times given previously provide guidance on the estimated timeframe for an eligible applicant to receive the repayment.

This timeframe is dependent on a range of factors including:

• the repayment method chosen, and

• data verification procedures

Once a repayment request has been verified, it is transferred to the department’s finance area for processing. I can assure you your repayment request has been forwarded to the finance area and is currently awaiting processing.

Finance are receiving a high volume of repayment requests. They are processing these as timely as possible. Typically these are taking in excess of 20 weeks.

Once the repayment request has been processed by the Finance area it is then referred to an applicant’s bank to be transferred into their nominated account. If any issues occur during this process we will contact you directly.

Once transferred, the department has no control over the time taken for a nominated bank to finalise the transfer of funds.

Regards

Name deleted by moderator

Position Number: xxxx

General Skilled Support

Permanent Visa & Citizenship Programme Branch l Visa and Citizenship Management Division

Visa and Citizenship Services Group

Department of Immigration and Border Protection

The processing times given previously provide guidance on the estimated timeframe for an eligible applicant to receive the repayment.

Once a repayment request has been verified, it is transferred to the department’s finance area for processing. I can assure you your repayment request has been forwarded to the finance area and is currently awaiting processing.

Finance are receiving a high volume of repayment requests. They are processing these as timely as possible. Typically these are taking in excess of 20 weeks.

Once the repayment request has been processed by the Finance area it is then referred to an applicant’s bank to be transferred into their nominated account. If any issues occur during this process we will contact you directly.

Once transferred, the department has no control over the time taken for a nominated bank to finalise the transfer of funds.

Regards

General Skilled Support

Permanent Visa & Citizenship Programme Branch l Visa and Citizenship Management Division

Seems like they are adding insult to injury

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, I have a quick question. I'm in Australia on 496 provisional visa which is now 489 visa. I'm planning to get married.

1. Can I add my spouse in my visa and bring her to Australia ? If yes

2. What are the option available for spouse visa for me ?

3. Time line and visa cost ?

Many thanks in Advance !!

• 4 months later...

Regards

General Skilled Support

has anybody been refunded yet we applied for refund Nov 15 and not heard anything , despite numerous emails without any reply, seem to have hit a brick wall with em.

Archived