New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

I applied for 886 in March 2010 (Priority Group 5) and am hopeful to get a CO and then PR some time this year fingers crossed. It's a positive development with people getting CO's and the Immigration website actually stating the date [25th Dec 2009] as opposed to 'Not currently allocating'.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applied for 886 in March 2010 (Priority Group 5) and am hopeful to get a CO and then PR some time this year fingers crossed. It's a positive development with people getting CO's and the Immigration website actually stating the date [25th Dec 2009] as opposed to 'Not currently allocating'.

Some january to april 2010 886 applicants got co already. So maybe you are next in line...

No good news for 176. Even I notice processing of 886 also slow down. No new case officer allocation in past week. Still I believe they start processing 176 this year.

Does anybody know how many Offshore Family Sponsored 176 applications are out there? These forums have always been deceptive in discussing Priority 5 as though all subclasses are the same. They were never and really DIBP could have actually created more priorities rather than lump them together in one since it is clear there are "priorities" within Priority 5. For example, onshore ahead of offshore.

Thus, offshore FS 176 has been rock bottom because within Priority 5 and thus rock bottom overall in the scheme of priority processing. It has been six years for us and I will be happy if they would have us processed within the next two but that is still being very optimistic.

"Eventually" is open ended. Do you feel "eventually" is in the next two years?

Obviously they will have to process 176, after 886. Because no one else remain in the pipe line. When they will start it?

I have read somewhere that there are 7000 886 applicants and 17000 176 applicants remain in the pipeline at the start of this financial here. (I am not 100% sure about it)

Gagan, predictions are welcome, It will boost our hopes

There is no official statement that 886 is being allocated at this stage, I've called up DIBP and been advised that there is no timeframe when 886 will be allocated. I reckon they are only processing some 886 applications

Their allocation table does show an allocation date of 25 December 2009.

http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Allocation-dates-for-General-Skilled-Migration-applications

Unless you mean an actual statement for the public, the table would seem to suffice...

Obviously they will have to process 176, after 886. Because no one else remain in the pipe line. When they will start it?

I have read somewhere that there are 7000 886 applicants and 17000 176 applicants remain in the pipeline at the start of this financial here. (I am not 100% sure about it)

Gagan, predictions are welcome, It will boost our hopes

Wow....7000 886 still...well...176 will not start until those 7000 are completed and then I wonder when they had last processed 176, i.e.last allocation date....then I guess we will know where we stand in that group of 17,000 applications...still several years away if those numbers are accurate...

Wow....7000 886 still...well...176 will not start until those 7000 are completed and then I wonder when they had last processed 176, i.e.last allocation date....then I guess we will know where we stand in that group of 17,000 applications...still several years away if those numbers are accurate...

Just before they've changed the table to "not currently allocating", last date of processing published was 18 January 2008 for 176FS online applications.

Dear all, I am a silent follower of this thread since 2010 and today I have an email from immigration regarding my visa 487 lodged April 2010.

They asked to submit the police check, health check within 28 days.

Do you think I have a chance to get the visa grated ?

:)

Dear all, I am a silent follower of this thread since 2010 and today I have an email from immigration regarding my visa 487 lodged April 2010.

How would anybody know? What one can say is your application is finally getting processed and that you will at least get a decision. Whether that means an approval or denial is obviously at the discretion of DIBP based on the merits of your application.

Congratulations Buddy,

Can you please share your timeline ,paper/online and occupation?

I am 487 online from may 10 and still awaiting to be allocated.

I see

On the other hand, maybe the merits of your application have already been evaluated and conditionally approved by DIBP internally subject to the final health and police checks...in that case...I would say that if you feel confident in the last two checks...you are on your way to getting approved...

GSM non-SkillSelect allocation informationIf your application is for a visa subclass that is not currently being allocated please do not contact us to enquire about the progress of your application.886 is updated till Jun2010, most of 886s are allocated with CO. Processing information for GSM non-SkillSelect applicationsVisa Subclass Priority Group 3 Priority Group 4 Priority Group 5176 Skilled – Sponsored All applications allocated All applications allocated Not currently allocating475 Skilled – Regional Sponsored All applications allocated All applications allocated Not currently allocating487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored All applications allocated All applications allocated 7 June 2010496 Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored N/A All applications allocated All applications allocated886 Skilled – Sponsored All applications allocated All applications allocated 7 June 2010

[TABLE=class: table-100, width: 516]

[TR]

[TD]886 Skilled – Sponsored[/TD]

[TD]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD]7 June 2010[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

886 is updated to 7Jun 2010. Most of 886s are allocated with CO.

Archived