New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Table updated today. 886 and 487- 28 nov 2011. Based on the excel file showing grp5, only about 500 applicants( both onshore and offshore) are left lodged until dec 2012. I hope they will not stop allocating when onshore is done and proceed with offshore ones. Goodluck everyone, we all deserve to be processed.

Dear Friends,

It has been too long waiting for our offshore 176 Family sponsored visa application processings.

Starting from today I am hereby initiating series of mails, pleas and letters at National & International ministry and media level. First in this is writing to our respective Ministry of External Affairs. For India below is the link of portal MADAD (you may also find this on google, if you type MADAD indian government portal) on which you could register and write your grievance with entire details. Do attach your acknowledgement receipt also in attachment section.

https://org2.passportindia.gov.in/AppConsularPr…/welcomeLink

Whatever is the reply, kindly keep on documenting. Would soon post the next step in this regard. We all will have to take this jointly and aggressively further.

Request all 176 FS offshore applicants to post their details so as to collate. Even if you know any other applicant who is not on this FB page, kindly request him or her to join us and provide the details.

Just don't hope and relax. An appeal to all offshore people get together have unity just like onshore people and if you still haven't joined the group on Facebook come and join. Our unity and strength will go a long way in deciding our fate...please its my humble request to all 176 and 475 guys come and fight. A big salute to Ilaria that she is fighting for our cause as a G5 group and not as onshore/offshore. There are 646 members in the group as of now and still the people who are left behind pl come and make it over 1000...we will make it soon with our strength and support of Ilaria. Pl gather people in your circle who you know are 176/475 and prompt them to join ASAP.

Thanks in advance...Gagan

Ladies and Gents.

I would advise that you start a new thread for discussions on the 175, 176 and 475 subclasses. Any ideas for a class action as some have pointed out should then be posted in the new thread.

May I also remind you that Facebook links are not permitted on the forum as per the forum rules and any person found to be posting them will have their whole post removed and not just the links removed as I have done before.

@Arshad @westwoodwizard @GAGAN4321 or anyone else, if you would be so kind as to start a new thread then I will import all of the earlier posts into it.

Thank you.

Hi Guys Im offshore 176 FS 2008 HR, got a mail today saying that there has been a status update in my Immi Account. When i logged in, the application status says "Finalised". Im sure it means something Positive. Shall keep you guys posted.

Good to be optimistic as bunch of other users status were finalised as well yet received email regarding cap and ceased. Good luck mate.

Today I received an email saying that my application has been finalized. I contacted my agent and he told me that they have received an email from immi department saying that the department has decided to cancel and refund all pending offshore applications. He told me that shortly I would receive a link to file for a refund. I am feeling relieved as I was already fed up of this waiting game and got a job in Dubai last month and I am currently working there. I would suggest you to login to the immi website and check ur application status

SORRY Guys, there was another email that said "Notification that your application for a Skilled - Sponsored (subclass 176) visa can no

longer be considered" hahaha, this has been inline with IMMI's communications all of these 7 years. Ambiguous. If "finalised" to them means taking to an "illogical" conclusion then here it is. Which means the application has been cancelled. IN the true spirit of "ambiquity" it doesnt say anything about a refund or no refund. Dont care anymore, good that i finally started to move on about 4 years back and have taken some big decisions in life. I have been a silent follower of the group and saw a lots of ups and downs and there was the constant fear of the "unknown"..... No More. It's sad but it closes 1 chapter of life completely and learnt a lot. Thanks to you all and Im proud that you all kept your hopes alive at all times. God bless you all

Hi all,

I've been a silent regular follower of this thread for a few years and am happy to say my family has recently been allocated a case officer.

Our details are as follows:

Subclass: Onshore 886 Family Sponsored

Type: Online

Migration Agent: None (Self Application)

Sponsor: Aunt (Mother's sister) who is an Australian citizen since 2007

Application date: 22 DEC 2009

Case officer: 09 JUN 2015

IELTS: 7.0 (15 points)

Education: Australian Bachelors Degree (5 points)

Total Points: 100 Points

Residence: Living in Perth WA since 2006 (including university)

Dependents: Spouse included in original 886 visa application and 2 Australian born children added later whilst on bridging visas.

Documents Requested: Form 1277, Form 80, Overseas & AFP Police checks, Medical Checks and Children's Australian Birth Certificates.

I've already got most of the requested documents ready to go and will be submitted it fairly soon, just waiting on the AFP checks.

Hoping to submit it all this financial year (FY) before they change their minds and when things may stagnate again!

Does anyone know if I will fall into next year's quota if I submit the documents after 1 JULY 2015 or have we already been allocated to this FY's quota as we contacted by the case officer this FY?

We got granted our 886 visa on 16/09/2015 - very relieved.

Wishing all the best for the offshore applicants; from what I understand the ones who are in Australia are the only ones that can challenge the cap and cease legally. They ones who are overseas will have to wait for the outcome which will set the precedent. However if you accept the refund you accept their decision and thus cannot challenge now or in the future.

We got granted our 886 visa on 16/09/2015 - very relieved.

Wishing all the best for the offshore applicants; from what I understand the ones who are in Australia are the only ones that can challenge the cap and cease legally. They ones who are overseas will have to wait for the outcome which will set the precedent. However if you accept the refund you accept their decision and thus cannot challenge now or in the future.

Somehow I do not believe anybody was worried about challenging anything now or in the future. The legal process is time consuming, expensive and will not yield the results that people wanted. If there were to have been a challenge, it should have been at least three years ago but I would say more like 5 years ago when it became apparent that laws were being retroactively applied.

A challenge today even if successful would only force DIBP to put the applications back in the processing line which was already subjected to the snail pace of priority processing whereby anybody in category 5 in particular 176 FS offshore were screwed anyway for many many many years to come.

So yes..you are correct...take the refund..and if you still want to migrate...find another path...there is a reason things happen and no point in wondering about the what ifs of the "past"....

This is indeed tragic news. And truth me told, I always felt they will process the visa even if it took few years. This is a big disappointment to me. This is was my last door for me to be united with my brother. Praying for you all. May you have the strength to carry on positively.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived