Guest guest36187

58 minutes ago, vimaus5 said:

No, I haven't 😄 I'm based on the Gold Coast. Do you have an office here?

We have parent visa clients based around the world - most notably in the UK and already in Australia with onshore parent visa applications in train, or as the holders of subclass 870 visas waiting on 143 visa decisions.

If of interest we charge less than $5k for a subclass 143 visa application.

Maybe enquire of the other RMAs who are on this forum too?

Best regards.

12 hours ago, vimaus5 said:

Hi everyone, 

I just signed up for this forum and wanted to ask if it is a good idea to prep and lodge for 143 yourself, instead of using an agent?
I've looked into what's required and it doesn't seem that difficult (plus I did my partner visa myself 4 years ago/PR granted this year).

All agents I checked charge 5-6K fee and it's basically same with the department's application fee. So I'll have to fork out $12K just to start.

Has anyone lodged/processed (and hopefully got granted) a 143 visa themselves? What are your experiences?

TIA

I think we paid £1000 or so for Go Matilda...worth every penny as we had so many headaches that we could never have expected when we started the long long journey.  Really glad not to have all the stress, as we could ask them all sorts of stupid questions and they were always willing and able to help.

13 hours ago, surfersj said:

We found the forms straightforward and decided to do them ourselves.   Visa granted July 2019 with no issues, so in our experience, go it alone and save on the agent fees 

When did you lodge it? I'm reading it will now take around 8 years until visa granted 😕

13 minutes ago, vimaus5 said:

When did you lodge it? I'm reading it will now take around 8 years until visa granted 😕

Surfersj applied in 2015.  The big surge of new applications happened in 2016 and they're just beginning to process 2016 applications now. They're not going to increase the quotas to cater for that "bulge",  so that's why the waiting time has blown out.

Edited by Marisawright

3 hours ago, vimaus5 said:

There was also a second spike in 2017 - nearly 9000 applied for 143 in May/ June alone! 

There is now a smaller “cap“  on parent  visas - approx 6000 contributory parent Visas could be granted each year and 1500 non contributory Visas  but the actual numbers granted  are usually less than that  - only 6850 in total were granted by end June 2019  

Its simple  maths then to work out the potential length of wait - in fact just those 9000 143 applications in May/June 2017 will take 18-24 Months to process - and there are also 5 other different types of parent visas to add to the equation  

I applied June 2017 so have already waited 3 years - I expect to wait at least another 3 if not more ! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We applied July 2015   Actually received the request for the 2nd VAC May 2019 when we were in Brisbane on vacation.  Will never forget that moment reading the email in the presence of our daughter and letting her know that our visas were being granted.  We paid the balance, sold our house and moved to Brisbane October 2019  During the 4 year wait we had to update OZ immigration on various changes - new passports, family bereavements etc but found everything we had to do fairly straightforward thankfully.

There was also a second spike in 2017 - nearly 9000 applied for 143 in May/ June alone! 

There is now a smaller “cap“  on parent  visas - approx 6000 contributory parent Visas could be granted each year and 1500 non contributory Visas  but the actual numbers granted  are usually less than that  - only 6850 in total were granted by end June 2019  
Its simple  maths then to work out the potential length of wait - in fact just those 9000 143 applications in May/June 2017 will take 18-24 Months to process - and there are also 5 other different types of parent visas to add to the equation  
I applied June 2017 so have already waited 3 years - I expect to wait at least another 3 if not more ! 

From where did you get those numbers from?

On 21/06/2020 at 03:23, vimaus5 said:

Hi everyone, 

I just signed up for this forum and wanted to ask if it is a good idea to prep and lodge for 143 yourself, instead of using an agent?
I've looked into what's required and it doesn't seem that difficult (plus I did my partner visa myself 4 years ago/PR granted this year).

All agents I checked charge 5-6K fee and it's basically same with the department's application fee. So I'll have to fork out $12K just to start.

Has anyone lodged/processed (and hopefully got granted) a 143 visa themselves? What are your experiences?

TIA

Please hire an agent - and more importantly hire a GOOD agent after enough research. We are talking about life plans / family goals here and you don't want to leave no stone unturned in the larger scheme of things.

On 20/06/2020 at 22:53, vimaus5 said:

Hi everyone, 

TIA

We paid a similar amount to @Rosiejaq around £1,000 here in the UK. If you use an agent only use a MARA immigration agent.  You can search for one on the govenrment website using the link below but at the moment the web page seems to be broken and doesn't return any results.  Avoid imigration lawyers unless you specically need one as they will charge you a small fortune.

https://www.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents/

Bad news from Qantas today. 6000 jobs gone and international travel not expected to start till July next year and the fleet of long haul 380s plane have been parked in Mojave Desert for 3 years  

if Qantas are not expecting to start international travel till July 2021 I’m assuming that is when they think the borders will reopen - if so other airlines too wouldn’t be able to enter or leave unless for Australian PR or citizens  

That would mean that for most of us here,  travel to Australia for visits etc wouldn't   be possible till mid next year!!  Nor allow our families to leave and visit us. ☹️☹️

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

On 24/06/2020 at 17:49, Biggsy said:

We paid a similar amount to @Rosiejaq around £1,000 here in the UK. If you use an agent only use a MARA immigration agent.  You can search for one on the govenrment website using the link below but at the moment the web page seems to be broken and doesn't return any results.  Avoid imigration lawyers unless you specically need one as they will charge you a small fortune.

https://www.mara.gov.au/search-the-register-of-migration-agents/

Thanks. 

I see your lodgement was in July 2016, but almost 4 years later no updates from the department? Do you have any idea what's going on? 

Does anyone know about the isolation issue in Australia. We are hoping to travel there at the end of July, and we know we have to do 14 days isolation but I wonder do we have to pay for it ourselves now? I know each state handles it differently, we're going to WA. 

Has anyone travelled to Australia recently, it would be good to know how it went. 

Hope the visas start again soon, as it's such a long time to wait. 

6 minutes ago, Linda Brown said:

Does anyone know about the isolation issue in Australia. We are hoping to travel there at the end of July, and we know we have to do 14 days isolation but I wonder do we have to pay for it ourselves now? I know each state handles it differently, we're going to WA. 

Has anyone travelled to Australia recently, it would be good to know how it went. 

What was the actual date you booked your flight, there is a cut off point. If you booked before midnight on the 17th June it’s free, if you booked after that you have to pay 

Edited by kimboslice
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Linda Brown said:

Can you go to WA or do you need an exemption to get in?  I’ve lost track of what is in place at the mo!

2 hours ago, vimaus5 said:

Thanks. 

I see your lodgement was in July 2016, but almost 4 years later no updates from the department? Do you have any idea what's going on? 

Hi @vimaus5 the problem for many people on here is that the immi website only tells you how long it's taken for someone to be processed who has just had their visa granted today. It doesn't tell you how many people are currently in the queue which is of no use to anyone.  As you can see by my signature we were told 12-18 months when we applied but later found out there was already 28,000 applications ahead of us.  The annual cap was just over 7,000 per year at the time which has since reduced to 6075. We are not expecting to here anything until around the end of this year.  Unfortunately many applicants only find out the truth when they come across forums like this one and after they've paid the intial fees.   Because there are more and more applications each year the wait just gets longer and longer all the time.  As of now I reckon there must be at least around 45,000 queuing, with the current cap annual of 6,075 that's 6-7 years.

12 minutes ago, Biggsy said:

Hi @vimaus5 the problem for many people on here is that the immi website only tells you how long it's taken for someone to be processed who has just had their visa granted today. It doesn't tell you how many people are currently in the queue which is of no use to anyone.  As you can see by my signature we were told 12-18 months when we applied but later found out there was already 28,000 applications ahead of us.  The annual cap was just over 7,000 per year at the time which has since reduced to 6075. We are not expecting to here anything until around the end of this year.  Unfortunately many applicants only find out the truth when they come across forums like this one and after they've paid the intial fees.   Because there are more and more applications each year the wait just gets longer and longer all the time.  As of now I reckon there must be at least around 45,000 queuing, with the current cap annual of 6,075 that's 6-7 years.

@Biggsy there’s  likely more !! These figures are only up to Feb 2019 and don’t mention 173, or 884

g

C18A0A33-DE00-449B-8D64-A02C7916E377.png

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Linda Brown said:

Thanks Kimbo slice, we booked flights on 2nd June so fingers crossed. 

Hi Linda

It seems to be only Queensland where you have to pay for your own hotel quarantine from 1st July.

WA quarnatine is still paid for by the state at the moment.

Check out the smart traveller site for details.   https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/while-youre-away/returning-australia