Guest guest36187

2 hours ago, MajHam said:

Hi

I've only recently followed this forum topic and see that there are many people watching the CPV processing date getting longer and longer and are feeling the same frustration as my husband and I ?.

We moved over on a 600 visa ( granted 15 January 2018) and took our dog thinking that the 600 visa which was granted for 12 months from date of last entry would be sufficient if we left Australia and returned before the 600 visa expiry date of 15 Jan 19 but we now think it won't be enough.

I see people have had more than one 600 visa granted and I wonder if anyone can advise:-

Has anyone been granted a 2nd 600 following straight on from the 1st one (we don't have the 12 month in 18 month period condition applied on our current 600 or the no further stay condition).

If we went offshore and applied for another 600 visa before expiry of our current visa but were refused can we still enter Australia again as long as we do it before the expiry of our existing visa?

Is the online 600 extension only applicable if you have been granted a 600 visa for 3 or 6 months?

Can you get a 3 month visitor visa immediately following a 600 (might be enough if processing times don't slip too much more though not hopeful of that!) 

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Maj 

The 600 visa is a bit of a lottery and I'm going to be useless at answering any of your questions, but I hope others here will be able to share their own 600 experiences.

However I just wanted to say welcome to the waiting room and nice to see we have almost identical lodgement dates, so it will be interesting to compare progress in the future.

Also, there is the new temp parent visa due to start soon (or possible before Jan 2019) which may give you an alternative to another 600 without having to leave Australia. But you will need to be prepared to act quickly when applying if you do choose this option.  

56 minutes ago, jimbob007 said:

I was told today, if you apply for a 600 on shore, you have to be on shore to be granted, and  if you apply off shore you have to be off shore to be granted, also you can apply before you present one runs out.

Phone the help line Number on the 600 visa.

Thanks for this. If that's the case at least the application will be much more straightforward though predicting the decision won't be I'm sure ?. I don't imagine the department really cares about the effect of returning our dog to the UK, never mind the expense, or that we will have to leave our family again if it is to be decided on an exceptional circumstances basis ( as per another post). We will definitely give it a try though and will post the outcome to the forum when the time comes.

46 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:
3 hours ago, MajHam said:

The 600 visa is a bit of a lottery and I'm going to be useless at answering any of your questions, but I hope others here will be able to share their own 600 experiences.

However I just wanted to say welcome to the waiting room and nice to see we have almost identical lodgement dates, so it will be interesting to compare progress in the future.

Also, there is the new temp parent visa due to start soon (or possible before Jan 2019) which may give you an alternative to another 600 without having to leave Australia. But you will need to be prepared to act quickly when applying if you do choose this option.  

Thanks for this and yes it will be interesting so see how our applications progress.

23 minutes ago, MajHam said:

Thanks for this. If that's the case at least the application will be much more straightforward though predicting the decision won't be I'm sure ?. I don't imagine the department really cares about the effect of returning our dog to the UK, never mind the expense, or that we will have to leave our family again if it is to be decided on an exceptional circumstances basis ( as per another post). We will definitely give it a try though and will post the outcome to the forum when the time comes.

Unfortunately no, the department won't care. If they comment at all, they'll just say you knew it was a temporary visa, so you should've known you'd have to ship him back again. I hope you manage to find a solution.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Unfortunately no, the department won't care. If they comment at all, they'll just say you knew it was a temporary visa, so you should've known you'd have to ship him back again. I hope you manage to find a solution.

And as annoying as it is for the OP they would be completely correct in saying that.

5 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Is it likely that the processing of the new temporary visas will delay CPV grants even further?

Possibly, because they are short staffed but another delay could be because from 1 July this year previous 405  and 410 retirement and investment  visa holders are being  allowed to claim 143 visa with no balance of family test. Apparently there’s not a lot of them but they will no doubt impact both on processing times and on how many visas are available for the year. They really don’t want parent immigrants as we cost too much !! 

The family stream which comprises partners child and parents has been cut in previous years by about 15%. But partners and child visas cannot be cut under the immigration act so the axe will fall mostly on parents. Those parents with adult dependants will also eat up more places so the future isn’t looking good for would be parent visas especially as there are over 46000 in the queue already  - sorry to be the bearer of bad news! 

8 hours ago, jimbob007 said:

Hi Bev where did you get this info from as we are not on the list Lodged 23 june 2015.

The information was gleaned from people's signature. If you put your information on your signature, as Bev has done, it will be added to the list.

4 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Possibly, because they are short staffed but another delay could be because from 1 July this year previous 405  and 410 retirement and investment  visa holders are being  allowed to claim 143 visa with no balance of family test. Apparently there’s not a lot of them but they will no doubt impact both on processing times and on how many visas are available for the year. They really don’t want parent immigrants as we cost too much !! 

The family stream which comprises partners child and parents has been cut in previous years by about 15%. But partners and child visas cannot be cut under the immigration act so the axe will fall mostly on parents. Those parents with adult dependants will also eat up more places so the future isn’t looking good for would be parent visas especially as there are over 46000 in the queue already  - sorry to be the bearer of bad news! 

The permanent visa pathway for subclass 410 and 405 visa holders is not yet available.

More probably the slow down in processing is a consequence of an edict from Canberra.

=>  Family in Australia should lobby their local Federal MP to put pressure on the Department.

Best regards.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Hi @Sydneypianoteacher, I've been in a similar position. They told me that they didn't get notification when we submitted our bank guarantee through my.gov, so you could try going to local branch and lodge the bank guarantee in person. Please let me know how it goes.

Hi Peter

I actually checked with centerlink people over the phone, they say they can see that I have uploaded and they even point out that I have uploaded some pages twice. The "Notification" you mentioned, are you saying that their system might not send the update (newly uploaded documents) to them if we upload documents via mygov,   they only get notified updates when we submit documents via centerlink office?

Sorry Allan I was just going on earlier reports that for 405/410,  places would be quarantined for them from 2018-2019 and assumed it was going ahead. 

As far as processing times etc the more worrying thing to my mind is that the number of parents visas bring granted is falling all the time. I’ve seen speculation  elsewhere that there may only be 5000  allowed in future years so any other streams attached to 143 or parent places given to over 23 year old dependants will really reduce the amount available. 

14 hours ago, Juliet7 said:

Is it likely that the processing of the new temporary visas will delay CPV grants even further?

It shouldn’t affect the CPV stream, as there will be 15,000 new places each year just for these visas. And when you consider the cost for each new visas will be $5,000 or $10,000, they will generate around $100m per year in revenue. So should easily be able to fund the additional administration costs.

Historically immi has always been able to process the entire ‘capped’ allocation of parent visas places each year. Except for last year, and it’s difficult to really know why. But it would appear to more for politically motivated reasons, and not because immi is unable to cope with the caseload.

57 minutes ago, vicky bajwa said:

Is anybody plsss help me. My question is whether test email is still working or not.? What's the date that immi is processing now???plsss

It’s still working, a couple of days a go it was still 5 May ?

23F37C48-3822-4454-A3CE-3CF264F8D51F.jpeg

Edited by Kathss56

17 hours ago, Peter2 said:

@Sydneypianoteacher, yes correct. For me, the call operator and the local branch's staff can see all the documents are there when asked, but the interviewer didn't get notified about this, so there's no progress.

Hey Peter thank you very much. I will go to centrelink office soon.

I live in Sydney and I will definitely avoid the one the Darlinghurst, the worst one in my opinion

13 hours ago, vicky bajwa said:

Is anybody plsss help me. My question is whether test email is still working or not.? What's the date that immi is processing now???plsss

The auto test email is always working, but we cannot send test emails too frequently. My trick is to keep two test emails 15 days apart, otherwise it won't reply.

Hello everyone,

This is in relation to 143 contributory visa. My husband and I are acting as assurers/sponsors for my parents.

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue. We submitted bond to commbank and paperwork to centrelink on 4 July but havent received an acceptance letter from centrelink. Immigration have now requested this letter from my parents. On contacting centrelink we have been told that they do not issue such a letter but that they get this request all the time. Any ideas as to what we are supposed to do now...