Guest guest36187

1 minute ago, Zaki said:

Peter ??? Congratulations ? 

Weekend is yours 

Zaki 

Cheers Zaki

We will eventually get there.

Yours is not far behind and You more likely to receive a payment request straightforward 

Have a good weekend and keep us updated on your progress too pls 

Peter

2 hours ago, Ferrets said:

My point was that it's still an exploit that benefits UK parents disproportionately over others due to entry restrictions,

I think the availability and conditions of the 600 visa is determined by immi’s risk assessment for each country. You would assume this risk is evaluated on historical evidence and is probably not intended to give an unfair advantage to UK parents.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, whataday said:

Hi Tina and Zaki

Thanks for thinking of me.

I just got a 2nd VAC payment request a few hours ago by email from PVC team 1. I was trilled by this exciting news and lucky got a bank cheque arranged before the bank was closed.

I will post the cheque later this morning by express and hope the visa is granted upon the arrival of bank cheque sometime next week.

I will surely keep you updated 

Cheers

Peter

Congratulations Peter,

Fantastic news!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mrs Depp said:

Congratulations Peter,

Fantastic news!

Good morning Clare

Thank you for your message.

How is yours parents application going? Have you got any feedback from agent since last time?

kind regards 

Peter 

10 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

I for one would not be moving over on a 600 if Immi stuck to the initial 18-24months from when I applied. But my daughters life cannot wait for me hence the arrival of my Grandson and hence the 600 it is then!  I’m sure many are in the same boat. 

Good reply. I needed to help with childcare too. There are many of us . So at least we can use the 600 visa for this without exploitation as sais and a clear concience

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ferrets said:

Totally fair - it's in the rules.

My point was that it's still an exploit that benefits UK parents disproportionately over others due to entry restrictions, it wasn't meant to call anyone out 

Yes but if everyone had choice of a 600 visa then it could be exploited

8 hours ago, whataday said:

Hi Tina and Zaki

Thanks for thinking of me.

I just got a 2nd VAC payment request a few hours ago by email from PVC team 1. I was trilled by this exciting news and lucky got a bank cheque arranged before the bank was closed.

I will post the cheque later this morning by express and hope the visa is granted upon the arrival of bank cheque sometime next week.

I will surely keep you updated 

Cheers

Peter

@whataday congratulations!!!!. May I ask you which country did your mum applied from? My dad application was lodged on 17/4/2015 which is 7 days before your mum's application and we got the AOS acceptance letter on 6/12/17 but we're still haven't been ask to pay for the 2nd payment :(. 

Thanks

3 hours ago, Hannah HD said:

@whataday congratulations!!!!. May I ask you which country did your mum applied from? My dad application was lodged on 17/4/2015 which is 7 days before your mum's application and we got the AOS acceptance letter on 6/12/17 but we're still haven't been ask to pay for the 2nd payment :(. 

Thanks

Hey Hannah HD

I lodged my mum’s visa application when she was in China. 

I have no idea how the PVC process and review the cases at present. Have you received a courtesy email from PVC team 1advising that they are working the cases ready to finalise and those cases will be assigned a CO  to review prior to 2nd VAC payment request issue? I was lucky one that I got that email a few days ago and a formal letter of 2nd VAC payment request was followed via E-mail Friday.

I suppose yours won’t take much longer because a quite few applications lodged in April have received the courtesy emails or 2nd payment requests, now it is time to let PVC work through those cases. It is a matter of time.

Kind regards 

Peter

18 minutes ago, whataday said:

Hey Hannah HD

I lodged my mum’s visa application when she was in China. 

I have no idea how the PVC process and review the cases at present. Have you received a courtesy email from PVC team 1advising that they are working the cases ready to finalise and those cases will be assigned a CO  to review prior to 2nd VAC payment request issue? I was lucky one that I got that email a few days ago and a formal letter of 2nd VAC payment request was followed via E-mail Friday.

I suppose yours won’t take much longer because a quite few applications lodged in April have received the courtesy emails or 2nd payment requests, now it is time to let PVC work through those cases. It is a matter of time.

Kind regards 

Peter

hi Peter 

congratulations !!!!

what was the last email you got before the second payment. 

my last email was they asked me supporting documents on 14 March and all submitted 23 March and no reply after that.

16 minutes ago, sh aron said:

hi Peter 

congratulations !!!!

what was the last email you got before the second payment. 

my last email was they asked me supporting documents on 14 March and all submitted 23 March and no reply after that.

Hey Sharon

Prior to the 2nd payment request, I got a sort of courtesy email saying they are working on the cases which are ready to finalise and advise to be patience at this time etc. in addition to that, I was not required to provide further documents in that email. That email reached me a few days ago.

I suppose I  provided a very comprehensive documents at the time of lodgements in 2015 except Form 80 because it would be expired by the time they asked for. In the last 5 months, I have been in contact with a few different people at PVC team 1, none of them claimed to be a CO. I reckon all of them could be processing officers who take care of documents collected and organised then Case officers make a final decision on those prepared docs.

it does take time to pass documents from one staff to the next.

Cheers 

Peter

19 hours ago, Tidang said:

After 5 months waiting for AOS acceptance letter . How long i have to wait for 2nd payment request ??? one more week to celebrate 38 months waiting for visa 143

won't be long, ours was a week I think then our agent did contact Immigration to push it and we had visa granted in days . But get your funds together and good luck.

44 minutes ago, whataday said:

Hey Sharon

Prior to the 2nd payment request, I got a sort of courtesy email saying they are working on the cases which are ready to finalise and advise to be patience at this time etc. in addition to that, I was not required to provide further documents in that email. That email reached me a few days ago.

I suppose I  provided a very comprehensive documents at the time of lodgements in 2015 except Form 80 because it would be expired by the time they asked for. In the last 5 months, I have been in contact with a few different people at PVC team 1, none of them claimed to be a CO. I reckon all of them could be processing officers who take care of documents collected and organised then Case officers make a final decision on those prepared docs.

it does take time to pass documents from one staff to the next.

Cheers 

Peter

did you write any email to them asking time frame ?

7 hours ago, whataday said:

Good morning Clare

How is yours parents application going? Have you got any feedback from agent since last time?

kind regards 

Peter 

Hi Peter, 

My parents haven’t heard a bean from their agent. It’s frustrating but at least they’re at the back end of this waiting game.

So happy for you though, when is your mum joining you?

Whereabouts in Aus are you based?

Cheers,

Clare

33 minutes ago, Mrs Depp said:

Hi Peter, 

My parents haven’t heard a bean from their agent. It’s frustrating but at least they’re at the back end of this waiting game.

So happy for you though, when is your mum joining you?

Whereabouts in Aus are you based?

Cheers,

Clare

Thank you Clare

I really hope your parents will be receiving 2nd payment request soon. Let’s see what happens this week because last year PVC didn’t issue a number of requests to applications until the last two weeks of May 2017. Also it has been quiet for 1.5 months at PVC so I guess there should be some great news in the coming weeks.

I just posted bank cheque and hope her visa will be granted upon the receipt of cheque. Once confirmed, I will be confident to book tickets and so on. Anticipating 3 weeks 

My beautiful mum will live with my partner and me in Adelaide and we can’t wait to pick her up.

Edited by whataday
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, gafuk said:

won't be long, ours was a week I think then our agent did contact Immigration to push it and we had visa granted in days . But get your funds together and good luck.

Thanks gafuk if I have a chance to drink coffe with you in Melbourne. It will be great so i will contact to agent ASAP

• Like 1

5 hours ago, whataday said:

Thank you Clare

I really hope your parents will be receiving 2nd payment request soon. Let’s see what happens this week because last year PVC didn’t issue a number of requests to applications until the last two weeks of May 2017. Also it has been quiet for 1.5 months at PVC so I guess there should be some great news in the coming weeks.

I just posted bank cheque and hope her visa will be granted upon the receipt of cheque. Once confirmed, I will be confident to book tickets and so on. Anticipating 3 weeks 

My beautiful mum will live with my partner and me in Adelaide and we can’t wait to pick her up.

Fingers crossed Peter.

All the very best to you and your family.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, whataday said:

Thank you Clare

Congrats and hope you have a lovely life with your mum.  We’re just waiting to be with our family soon!

On 17/05/2018 at 12:09, LindaH27 said:

I have to say Ive been really surprised recently to find that so called parent visas weren’t just for parents but also for adult dependents up to 23-25.  Does the balance of family test still apply in that situation? I somehow assumed that there was a separate visa for families emigrating. But then again most people especially in UK don’t have adult dependants after say 21. Having said that Im sure I saw a post a while ago where a 21 year UK dependant was refused as they had taken out a student loan therefore were considered not to be dependant. 

Another point,  most parents will also be paying tax on their pensions and savings interest and have living expenses so surely we would still be contributing to the economy and helping in other ways such as childminding and possibly voluntary work as well as having financed the upbringing and education of those young migrants they want instead of parents.  

I guess like so many of us here I’m very frustrated at the various rules and regulations that seem devised to stop parent immigration. The CPV was introduced so that people had to make a real commitment towards funding in exchange for quicker access so probably most of us have /will have sufficient funding in one form or another. 

So probably a controversial question (ducks behind the wall!)  - should the CPV just be for 1-2 parents and separate visa for families ? Would that make much difference to the numbers/waiting time? 

There must be a way round this somehow. As Alan Collett said there’s a lot of money the govt could collect if it granted these parent visas.   

@Fisher1 I did have a grin at the vision you brought up of Australia  being swamped by hoards of elderly migrants!  ? there’s a Cartoon in there somewhere - battle axe blue rinsed grannies shaking umbrellas and flat capped grandads shaking walking sticks. ??

There’s always the knitting grannies fighting against environmental problems and sales of land to China.  Go grannies go!

On 19/05/2018 at 11:03, ant111 said:

Good reply. I needed to help with childcare too. There are many of us . So at least we can use the 600 visa for this without exploitation as sais and a clear concience

Out of curiosity isn't childcare technically a breach of the working conditions of the 600?  I know that for family it's likely no one will ever check but I understood the visa required that;

• Your main purpose in visiting Australia is tourism, and any voluntary work remains incidental to this.
  • The work involved would not otherwise be undertaken, in return for wages, by an Australian resident.
  • The work is genuinely voluntary and that no remuneration is received in return for the activities (which of course family childcare would be)

My reading of that is that regular voluntary childcare is therefore not allowed, but happy to be corrected. 

I do apologise for being a bit argumentative at the moment, as all that post here have developed their own strategies based on rules and circumstances and are frustrated by the current wait times & lack of clarity from DIBP, and hope everyone achieves their goal.