Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, Catlady2014 said:

£542  + $498 to be paid in Australia for clearance etc.  This is door to door and includes starter pack of boxes, tape, marker pens etc. 

Hi Catlady,

Can you tell me how big the movecube is please as pickfords loosely quoted me around £2000 to £3000 pounds ?

How did you get a quote off the movers ?

Hope your move goes well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gafuk said:

Hi Catlady,

Can you tell me how big the movecube is please as pickfords loosely quoted me around £2000 to £3000 pounds ?

Hope your move goes well

I can't put the link on here as external links are not allowed but Seven Seas do Movecubes in three sizes - small, medium and large.  There is an excellent thread on this forum about it too, I'll try to find it for you.  You need to be happy with doing your own packing, form filling etc.  The cube is dropped off at your door, you pack it, they collect it and ship it but can also store it in the UK until you are ready for them to ship.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gafuk said:

Hi Catlady,

Hope your move goes well

Ok, this is the thread you need to look at.  Click on the thread and have a good read through it, the pics are great, very helpful. 

Edited by Catlady2014
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2017 at 20:16, Fisher1 said:

Yes we found ours pretty much as described above. My husband had a few worries, prior to the medical one of which was high blood pressure. They took the view that as long as it was under control (two drugs) it was not a problem. We forgot one recent test result for a different condition but were able to email it the following day. 

We rang the Manchester clinic the day after the email arrived from immi and got an appointment for the next week. Very straightforward. 

Some time ago I contacted Seven Seas for more info and I'm sure I was told then that for a small(ish)! additional payment Seven Seas will also load your boxes for you.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sadge said:

Some time ago I contacted Seven Seas for more info and I'm sure I was told then that for a small(ish)! additional payment Seven Seas will also load your boxes for you.  

Yes, you can ask for a quote for that too. i didn't bother because my stuff will be easy enough for me to cope with - I hope!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

After all the kerfuffle with my passport renewal: 

1. Last Friday my online photos were rejected, so I needed to do it the old fashioned way.

2. Got passport photos taken in Timpsons Saturday morning

3. Local Post Office said they don't deal with passports

4. The next Post Office said my photos were a millimetre "out" and might be rejected, but I took a chance anyway because I believed it would take 3 weeks to process.

5. Online info said it takes 3 weeks to get the passport back.

6. Received a text from Passport Office saying I would receive the passport by 21st June (cutting it fine as I move out on 22nd June).

7. Passport arrived today!

That was another week of unnecessary stressing that I could have done without, but hey! I got my new passport!  Woohoo.  

And finally, I've booked a small Movecube for the 21st June.  So that's another step further along the way.   

I am sure you are aware of this, but don't forget to complete the relevant form to let immigration know your new passport number as you visa, when granted will be linked to your passport.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bridgeman said:

I am sure you are aware of this, but don't forget to complete the relevant form to let immigration know your new passport number as you visa, when granted will be linked to your passport.

All done, thanks Bridgeman.  My agent took care of it.  

• Like 1

I realise that most on this thread are only interested in the 143 visa but for anybody thinking of the 103 the latest dates 1/6/17 are as follows(this is the people in the queue by each year)

1/5/09-----60

2/5/10------2640

23/5/11-----5840

1/5/12------2330

1/5/13------3280

1/5/14------2570

24/8/15-----9380

total--------26100

It reduced 430 between 16/3/17 and 1/6/17

The 804 visa totals 4090 and it reduced 50

I know we haven't had anyone to congratulate on getting a 143 visa recently but there is a South African forum similar to ours, where someone has just been granted theirs! Application date was 20th October 2014. Catlady, yours has got to be imminent?

Edited by snifter
Removed link
  • Like 1

Hi Is there anyone waiting out there that applied for 143 in November 2014 ? Would be nice to know 

who will be the next to be contacted by immigration?

look forward to hearing from you. 

Edited by JesseyJ
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, JesseyJ said:

Hi Is there anyone waiting out there that applied for 143 in November 2014 ? Would be nice to know 

who will be the next to be contacted by immigration?

look forward to hearing from you. 

From a purely selfish point of view it would be lovely if there were no applications at all in November.........:laugh:

• Like 4

On 03/06/2017 at 08:38, BrendaM said:

I know we haven't had anyone to congratulate on getting a 143 visa recently but there is a South African forum similar to ours, where someone has just been granted theirs! Application date was 20th October 2014. Catlady, yours has got to be imminent?

I can't see the timelines on that site, probably because I'm not a member.  But I did scroll down to the spreadsheet.  Hopefully, mine will be soon, but I've just passed the 32-month stage, so I'm not expecting to get the visa until late July/early August.

Edited by snifter
Link removed from quoted post
  • Like 1

On 03/06/2017 at 08:38, BrendaM said:

That's very interesting BrendaM processing times seem to be a bit eratic it would be nice to hear if any members on here applied in November and whether they have been contacted yet. 

Edited by snifter
Removed quoted link

14 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

That's very interesting BrendaM processing times seem to be a bit eratic it would be nice to hear if any members on here applied in November and whether they have been contacted yet. 

17 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

I can't see the timelines on that site, probably because I'm not a member.  But I did scroll down to the spreadsheet.  Hopefully, mine will be soon, but I've just passed the 32-month stage, so I'm not expecting to get the visa until late July/early August.

I was quite surprised by their spreadsheet, as it looks like there were a couple of earlier applicants who haven't received theirs yet ( and also Catlady's dates are earlier, I think?).

I assumed it would be in fairly strict date order (unless there was a delay in receiving documents)..like you say, processing seems a bit erratic!

6 hours ago, BrendaM said:

I was quite surprised by their spreadsheet, as it looks like there were a couple of earlier applicants who haven't received theirs yet ( and also Catlady's dates are earlier, I think?).

I assumed it would be in fairly strict date order (unless there was a delay in receiving documents)..like you say, processing seems a bit erratic!

It is supposed to be in strict date order.  Delay in sending documents would hold up the grant of a visa, but I know that mine were all supplied without delay, so for me personally it can't be receipt of documents causing delay.  But I'm still not up to the quoted 34 months yet and so I wouldn't expect my visa for another 2 months or so.  I wonder if the people who got their visa put their date of acknowledgement instead of their date of lodgement - a few people have in the past queried whether the processing time is from lodgement or acknowledgement.  

Hi everyone,
My first post in the forum! So pardon me being all new to this :)
I'm currently in the process of preparing all the documents to apply for the CPV 143 for my mom.
I want to ask if both my partner and I can be her sponsors and if so, do we each have to fill out form 40?

Many thanks,
Nana 

7 hours ago, thinh7tn said:

Hi everyone,
My first post in the forum! So pardon me being all new to this :)
I'm currently in the process of preparing all the documents to apply for the CPV 143 for my mom.
I want to ask if both my partner and I can be her sponsors and if so, do we each have to fill out form 40?

Many thanks,
Nana 

Sorry I can't remember. Think my daughter just sponsored me and then her partner signed the form in the part where  it says about him agreeing for her to do this.?

• Like 1

MOD REMINDER :ph34r:

Please don't post links to other forums on here. Forum rules and all that. Not good netiquette either. 

I've removed one from a couple of pages back and also from the quoted replies. 

Thanks in advance

snifter 

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Six Arab countries have cut ties with Qatar. Very worrying as my flight at Xmas is with them. It effects Etihad and Emirates  to some degree in case any of you have flights coming up. Best to check! ?

Thank you for posting this news.

We have used Qatar flights on two Australian trips and have been planing on a new booking for November.

Qatar have a lot at stake with this internationally, so I expect it will be sorted out before you fly.

But, I think we may now look at BA this time (see if they can loose our suitcase again)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Thank you for posting this news.

We have used Qatar flights on two Australian trips and have been planing on a new booking for November.

Qatar have a lot at stake with this internationally, so I expect it will be sorted out before you fly.

But, I think we may now look at BA this time (see if they can loose our suitcase again)

Hopefully they will sort for me in time for  Xmas. However, my daughter is due home in 3 weeks via Qatar airways !

• Like 1