Guest guest36187

Hi Sadge

I'm not getting replies either - hopefully tomorrow!

They're probably still tucking into their mince pies etc!

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Steve

Maybe they're keeping quiet until the end of the day and then they're going to surprise us by moving on into March. I am confident that this is the case and everybody will be whooping and partying and jumping up and down as it moves us nearer to our dates ............ I also believe in little green men and pigs flying!! :wink:

I sent test email to immi. 2 Hour ago. And they replied same no surprise yet. Seems like they dont want to reveal the surprise until they get into march

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged up to 13 February 2014.

:dull:

hope they do it soon. Fingress crossed

cpv 143 lodged - 15 /april/2014

Aos: done medicals: done Police checks :done

Maybe they're keeping quiet until the end of the day and then they're going to surprise us by moving on into March. I am confident that this is the case and everybody will be whooping and partying and jumping up and down as it moves us nearer to our dates ............ I also believe in little green men and pigs flying!! :wink:

They do seem to have been stuck on 13th February for a long time - and I share your optimism:rolleyes:

Hi Maisie

They're still at the beach having a party. No movement from 13 February. I don't like going to the Doctor but I"d be overjoyed if IMMi invited me for a medical. To relieve the boredom I have just printed off 2 copies of form 80' well what else is there to do with all this rain and now snow to look forward to! I keep telling myself that each day that goes by is another closer to getting some more info or a grant. Problem is that I'm tired of listening to myself giving me the same old excuses!

Julie

Hi I am new to this thread and hoping there is someone in the same 'boat 'as we are, daughter son-in-law2 grandaughters moved to australia2012,received permanent residence 2014and now wants us to move over,we sent our application in on june2015 (visa 143) so by this time next year we should hear about medicals and police checks,I am 72 husband 74,so at our age it's a very big decision,don't want to live with them or need financial helps rom them,the cost to go is very expensive and we know we will only be able to rent once we sell up but the worry we do have is if -when we get really ill(good health at the moment) and transferring pensions with currency levels changing all the time,anybody already moved with any advice be welcome ,thanks

Hi everyone, just joined the forum and have lots of questions...Basically, have a daughter in Perth (full resident) and family. They've been out there for 6 and a half years.

They dearly want us to go out, and I am sorely tempted. We've looked at the 143 contributory visa, but on getting to the ripe old age of 65 next Friday 15.1.16, would it be any better going for a Visa 864..?? Am I right in saying by doing it that way the cost may eventually be a bit more, but easier and quicker in that you can go out and apply for the full visa while you're there..Thanks for reading in anticipation.

Skeelsy - your letter finally got me off my bum and downloading the fabled form 80. Although we are nowhere near needing to fill it in yet, I decided it was time to take a look. Couldn't be that bad, I thought. I was wrong!!! How on earth are you supposed to remember everywhere you've worked since birth - let alone all the countries you've visited in the last ten years - well I can but not in order and not the dates. Unlike you Skeelsy I have a very straightforward family set up - one sister two parents who stayed married ... but my husband has more of an interesting background. What with half siblings and dean half siblings and people you haven't seen or heard of since Adam was a lad. Good luck with filling yours in, I've decided I'm going to start ours now. It can be my new hobby, something interesting to do while we're waiting. :-)

Oh no! This is the first have heard of form 80 and it sounds a nightmare. I have only just lodged my 143 application but also think I need to download and start the form 80 now!! Thanks for the info.

Angela

Form 80 update.

Just done an extensive spread sheet for the time I was a choir boy at St Mary's and St Edmund's 1963-1966---3d a service and choir practice was a shilling a week paid quarterly. Weddings 2/6d. I'm not sure what was the exchange rate was for the time. Plus I was earning 5/- a week paper round when LP's were 32/6. Are the tooth fairy visits to be considered.

Form 80 update.

Just done an extensive spread sheet for the time I was a choir boy at St Mary's and St Edmund's 1963-1966---3d a service and choir practice was a shilling a week paid quarterly. Weddings 2/6d. I'm not sure what was the exchange rate was for the time. Plus I was earning 5/- a week paper round when LP's were 32/6. Are the tooth fairy visits to be considered.

Hi Bridgie

I have been doing mine this morning, the only pain was all the jobs, husband is feeling smug because he found all his old cv's dating back to 1966! Still he hasn't completed the form yet! Another tick on the list. Now I want a reward from IMMI for doing all this and if they don't ask for the form well words will fail me.

Julie

I am a bit confused over terminology. Sent off 143 application Oct 2015, 1st VAC taken 3 Nov 2015 and I received a receipt showing my details and a lodgement date of 3 Nov 2015. Is this the acknowledgement or should I expect another document in the future?

I am a bit confused over terminology. Sent off 143 application Oct 2015, 1st VAC taken 3 Nov 2015 and I received a receipt showing my details and a lodgement date of 3 Nov 2015. Is this the acknowledgement or should I expect another document in the future?

You would normally receive an acknowledgement a bit later on. Take a look at the signatures of other forum members, and mine at the bottom of this post. I missed off my receipt date but I believe it was 31st October, I'll take a look and add it to my signature. But you can see the acknowledgement date was a few months later.

edit: receipt date now added to my signature.

Edited by Catlady2014

What's so special about 13 February - why do they have to linger there - maybe someone had a bad valentines experience!! If so get over it and move on please.

My sister and her family are all voluntary firies in Perth and has been battling fires in 12 hour shifts. No box on form 80 for family bravery as we have watched fires move to within 1/2 hour of their property as they are out saving others - am sure facts like that more important than part time jobs I did aged 15 - clearly not!!! Kim

Hi Everyone - new to this site.

Im after a very brief answer - please can you share with me:

What is the cost of the temporary Contrib. Parent Visa? I know on the visa site its just a few $k but I have a feeling in reality its a lot more than that??

How much is it (all in) for the 2 yr temp CPV and whats the waiting time?

Also, then how much for the permanent one? and payment split??

PLEASE let me know xxxxx I have anxious parents waiting.

THANK YOU!!!

Sarah

Hello everyone. my Parents in law have been in the aged parent visa queue (Visa 804) for a few years and now considering paying the price to to skip the queue (Visa 864) as we bought a home with a granny flat for them. I think i understand most of it. I just have a few questions confusing me.

Is there any chance of getting the application fee for the Visa 804 back, or transferred to the Visa 864 application process/price?

Pensions question - They currently get UK government and work pensions. I understand they are not eligible for AUST age pension for 10 years. There are some website though that say the Assurance bond/Assurer must 'pay back' social security payments. In this instance would it be better to get the AUST age pension, and pay it back each year, to get the pension card and other benefits associated? Does anyone have any experience with pensions from UK to AUST and advice? any welcome. Parents are quite concerned about pensions of course, its a big decision for them.

Thanks all, there are 500 pages on this thread so gave up searching after 50 odd :) Cheers. Katherine

Hi Everyone - new to this site.

Im after a very brief answer - please can you share with me:

What is the cost of the temporary Contrib. Parent Visa? I know on the visa site its just a few $k but I have a feeling in reality its a lot more than that??

How much is it (all in) for the 2 yr temp CPV and whats the waiting time?

Also, then how much for the permanent one? and payment split??

PLEASE let me know xxxxx I have anxious parents waiting.

THANK YOU!!!

Sarah

Hello Sarah.

http://www.gm-parent-visas.com/contributory-parent-visas-options-following-the-end-of-parent-and-aged-parent-visas/

Here is an old blog which discusses the 2 step strategy over a one off application for the onshore Contributory Parent visa pathways.

Budget the same amounts for the offshore 173 to 143 pathway as for the 884 to the 864, save that the 1st Visa Application Charge has gone up a tad since I wrote the blog post.

Hope this helps.

Hello everyone. my Parents in law have been in the aged parent visa queue (Visa 804) for a few years and now considering paying the price to to skip the queue (Visa 864) as we bought a home with a granny flat for them. I think i understand most of it. I just have a few questions confusing me.

Is there any chance of getting the application fee for the Visa 804 back, or transferred to the Visa 864 application process/price?

Pensions question - They currently get UK government and work pensions. I understand they are not eligible for AUST age pension for 10 years. There are some website though that say the Assurance bond/Assurer must 'pay back' social security payments. In this instance would it be better to get the AUST age pension, and pay it back each year, to get the pension card and other benefits associated? Does anyone have any experience with pensions from UK to AUST and advice? any welcome. Parents are quite concerned about pensions of course, its a big decision for them.

Thanks all, there are 500 pages on this thread so gave up searching after 50 odd :) Cheers. Katherine

Hi Katherine.

Unfortunately there's no refund of Visa Application Charges when withdrawing an 804 and lodging an 864.

You can reasonably expect an 864 application to be processed quickly if your parents in law lodge such an application. We're seeing 864s progressing from application lodgment to grant in about 6 months at the moment.

Not sure I follow the pensions question. They won't get an Australian Age Pension until they have been an Australian resident (as defined) for 10 years.

The definition is as follows:

Australian resident

An Australian resident is a person who is living in Australia and is either:

• an Australian citizen

• a permanent visa holder, or

• a protected Special Category visa (SCV) holder

=> The AoS period will expire at the same time as they meet the Residence requirement for the Age Pension.

Best regards.

Hi everyone, just joined the forum and have lots of questions...Basically, have a daughter in Perth (full resident) and family. They've been out there for 6 and a half years.

They dearly want us to go out, and I am sorely tempted. We've looked at the 143 contributory visa, but on getting to the ripe old age of 65 next Friday 15.1.16, would it be any better going for a Visa 864..?? Am I right in saying by doing it that way the cost may eventually be a bit more, but easier and quicker in that you can go out and apply for the full visa while you're there..Thanks for reading in anticipation.

Yes, if you're ready to go & eligible I think it would make more sense to get a grant in 6 months rather than 2 years.

If you decide to apply for the 864 while you're out there on your visitor visa, you'll be in the very lucky position of a grant of PR pretty quickly; 6 months or so will fly by- 2 years is a bit of a stretch !

Hi Katherine.

Unfortunately there's no refund of Visa Application Charges when withdrawing an 804 and lodging an 864.

You can reasonably expect an 864 application to be processed quickly if your parents in law lodge such an application. We're seeing 864s progressing from application lodgment to grant in about 6 months at the moment.

Not sure I follow the pensions question. They won't get an Australian Age Pension until they have been an Australian resident (as defined) for 10 years.

The definition is as follows:

Australian resident

An Australian resident is a person who is living in Australia and is either:

• an Australian citizen

• a permanent visa holder, or

• a protected Special Category visa (SCV) holder

=> The AoS period will expire at the same time as they meet the Residence requirement for the Age Pension.

Best regards.

As far as I am aware you have to be a bit careful when applying for your 864 visa whilst out there on a visitor visa. If you return to the UK whilst your visitor visa is still active then there will be no problems but once it expires you will get a Bridging Visa and it could then be difficult for you to return to the UK until your visa is granted. Obviously if you were planning to be in Australia whilst the visa is processed then there will be no problem. You must be in Australia when the visa is granted.

If you apply for a bridging visa when visiting Australia on a tourist visa eg( visitor 600 which allows multiple visits of up to 6 months within one year ) is the tourist visa automatically cancelled once the bridging visa is issued . I am thinking get 600 visa apply for an 864 visa on arrival and get a bridging visa , travel back to the UK to finalise affairs then back to Australia for issuing of the 864 . Is this feasible ? Is the medical carried out in Australia and also the police checks . Sorry its a bit rambly but trying to get my head around the timeframes

A BVA is issued when you lodge a valid onshore application for a visa such as an 864 - you don't apply for it separately.

You do apply separately though for a BVB, if you need to travel outside Australia and return once the BVA is in effect.

864 visa applications are processed quite quickly, so the logistics need to be clear in your head - and the interaction of the BVA with the visitor visa needs to be understood.

That's one reason why some instruct a migration agent to support them in the application process ...

Watch out also for the imposition of an 8503 condition on the visitor visa. An 8503 means you won't be able to apply onshore (in Australia) for another visa.

Best regards.

Edited by Alan Collett