Guest guest36187

Hi all,

Happy New Year

We have finally been and gone and done it. After nearly six years hanging round on this forum, and two and a half years on the 103 waiting list, our application for form 143 is going in today.

We have been told that they count the time already waiting on a 103 if you swap, and having had a queue date of Aug 13th for our 103, we hope to hear fairly quickly??? and not have to wait another two years. What tipped the balance? Well it was the terror of failing the medicals and the feeling that we couldn't bear to be 'in limbo' for another five years or so waiting for the 103. We've decided that if they won't let us in we'll at least know and we'll go for 'plan B' - a little place in Spain paid for in part by the fee we haven't paid for our non- visa!

I'm now sitting here wondering what on earth we've let ourselves in for. I've printed form 80 and it doesn't look any more promising than it did on the site. At least I've had a brainwave - I realised I can go through our bank statements for the last 3-4 years online, so I can work out at least some of our holidays from that - but ten years? REALLY?

Well anyway, its nice to be in the waiting room at last. At least its progress. Most of the people waiting when I first came on here have presumably moved over long since. Are we all crazy? I'm beginning to wonder. :wink:

Thanks for that. One thought is that a 143 you were called early to sort AOS out whilst I assume a 173 does not get that call. If you were given your HAP no then surely that disadvantages the 173 who applied same day as you as they have to then try and do once they get to case officer whilst technically now you can present every as soon as case officer contacts you and be through in no time. Am I missing something or being a bit dumb!!!! Kim

Hi Kim,

Who knows the intricacies of our "lesser spotted" friends, we all try to second guess but the fact is.......it will happen when they are ready

:wink:

The goal posts seem to change like the wind, all I hope is that it's blowing in a favourable direction for all on the forum.

"The longer you wait for something, the more you appreciate it when you get it, because anything worth having is definitely worth waiting for."

Cheers

Phil

At last they've moved on from the 13th February 1924 - now assessing the 24th for the 143. Little by little by little ...............

At last they've moved on from the 13th February 1924 - now assessing the 24th for the 143. Little by little by little ...............

I wonder if their system records how many times we request updates?

I got a bit excited - 2014!

At last they've moved on from the 13th February 2014 - now assessing the 24th for the 143. Little by little by little ...............

I wonder if their system records how many times we request updates?:smile:

They would have slowed down over the Xmas and New Year holidays, although quite why they slowed down as much as they did is a mystery. Still, as you say, moving again at last. But don't get too excited, because there's another Bank Holiday coming up, so we can expect another slowdown unfortunately. 

Edited by Catlady2014
typo

We have a queue date for 103 visa but feel the wait to emigrate far to long . we are currently in Australia on a visitor visa without restriction and would like to know if we can stay on by applying for 804 onshore visa I am 65 and we have the balance of our children here on PR (2 out of 3 )

Hi All,

Just an update on our visas; our son in Perth has just received email confirmation that our AOS has been payed and finalised.

WooHoo !!!!:ssign19:

Another box ticked and another step closer.

Had a visit from Pickfords yesterday regarding a quote for shipping, PSS coming on Friday, I will post the quotes when I receive them.

Cheers

Phil

Whoop whoop for HarleyPhil. Let's bring some excitement to our waiting room. My money is on HarleyPhil getting case officer on 27 Jan and book open for any other wagers. Winner gets as many likes from other detainees as possible Kim

hi I reckon he could have his visa by 5feb

Hello everyone

my lodgement date is 15 april 2014 almost a week before harleyphil. I have done with my medicals police clearnace and Aos.

What do you guys think? your ideas ? whats the possible date when ill get case officer assigned to our case.

Thanks

harvi

Hi I must be reading things wrong ,I thought we get a case officer before we have medics/police checks then aos then the 'biggy payment',then VISA, (we have an agent) will we have to fill in form 80 agent hasn't said anything but we still have a long long wait

Hi I must be reading things wrong ,I thought we get a case officer before we have medics/police checks then aos then the 'biggy payment',then VISA, (we have an agent) will we have to fill in form 80 agent hasn't said anything but we still have a long long wait

Hi Rubyford,

Our agent is based in Perth and has been pretty much on the ball to be fair. As I have previously said, "I am unsure if they have anymore clout than any other Agent ?? Form 80 was completed soon after our application date. Agent has contacted Immi today to inform them AOS now in place. That is, pretty much all our Ducks hopefully in a row and ready for CO.

Todays Gem;

"​Never give up on something you want, its difficult to wait but worse to regret"

Cheers

​Phil

Whoop whoop for HarleyPhil. Let's bring some excitement to our waiting room. My money is on HarleyPhil getting case officer on 27 Jan and book open for any other wagers. Winner gets as many likes from other detainees as possible Kim

Hi Kim,

Hope it is 27th Jan but think that may be too soon :-)

I'll have a little gamble on 20th Feb :jiggy:

Phil

Hi phill

as i allready told our lodgement date is week before you.

and we are done with police clearance medicals ans Aos too.

We have not told to immi. About that we are done with Aos and all that

we are not using any agent. Do we need to contact immi. To inform that we are done with Aos.

and whats your guess when we will get case officer assigned

thanks

harvi

Hi phill

as i allready told our lodgement date is week before you.

and we are done with police clearance medicals ans Aos too.

We have not told to immi. About that we are done with Aos and all that

we are not using any agent. Do we need to contact immi. To inform that we are done with Aos.

and whats your guess when we will get case officer assigned

thanks

harvi

Hi Harvi,

Don't think you"ll need to contact Immi, CO will contact them and make sure all is in place when assigned. Again, think its just our agent being ultra diligent.

As I said to Skeelsy I'm betting on Feb 20th. Fingers and everything else crossed.

Phil

Hi Harvi,

Don't think you"ll need to contact Immi, CO will contact them and make sure all is in place when assigned. Again, think its just our agent being ultra diligent.

As I said to Skeelsy I'm betting on Feb 20th. Fingers and everything else crossed.

Phil

Hi Harleyphil

Exciting news, you are getting so much closer which also means we are too as we are 2 months behind you in lodgement date. All eyes on the next results from the test email they should be into March applications!

Still no news on request for medicals or police reports for us. Every morning The first thing on my mind is Will it be TODAY please!

Julie

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I have a friend who lodged in 4 Mar and not got case officer yet and I lodged 1 April and no case officer yet either so don't get your hopes up just yet. Will keep you informed when I hear anything

Hi Dolphin1962,

Your friend must be imminent for a CO (Immi saying Feb24th) which means your not too far away.

I'm forever the optimist, may as well wait with a smile on your face :wink:

Look fwd to hearing the news.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Harleyphil

Exciting news, you are getting so much closer which also means we are too as we are 2 months behind you in lodgement date. All eyes on the next results from the test email they should be into March applications!

Still no news on request for medicals or police reports for us. Every morning The first thing on my mind is Will it be TODAY please!

Julie

Hi Julie,

Yes, we're all getting closer. Hopefully you'll get the nod for Meds n Checks soon.

If we can hit March this week that would be great for all seated in the waiting room.

Decluttering as hit a pace here, ebay selling in full swing. Its only after showing Pickfords around yesterday that I realised how much more we have to do. :wacko:

Phil

Hi Ruby,

Previously (at least until my mum lodged 30th of April 2014) you would receive instructions to do you police check/meds and AOS around 1 year after your lodgement date. I think this was because they wanted people to have everything ready for their case officer so the CO would finalise the case as soon as possible. At that time they had shorter processing time (around 1 year). They have since stopped giving instructions for medicals and police checks in the acknowledgement letter due to the fact that they are currently processing cases in 22months to 24 months and they don't want people to have expired Meds/Police checks while their CO is finally assigned.

So I think for people who lodged July 2014 onward the only option is to wait for their CO to be assigned.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi Ruby,

Previously (at least until my mum lodged 30th of April 2014) you would receive instructions to do you police check/meds and AOS around 1 year after your lodgement date. I think this was because they wanted people to have everything ready for their case officer so the CO would finalise the case as soon as possible. At that time they had shorter processing time (around 1 year). They have since stopped giving instructions for medicals and police checks in the acknowledgement letter due to the fact that they are currently processing cases in 22months to 24 months and they don't want people to have expired Meds/Police checks while their CO is finally assigned.

So I think for people who lodged July 2014 onward the only option is to wait for their CO to be assigned.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers,

Nassim

Hi Nassim.

Speaking as one who has been looking after subclass 143 visa applications since the Contributory Parent program was introduced I don't recall a time when processing times were 12 months.

In my view the Parents Visa Centre simply didn't think through the consequences of issuing the checklists requesting medicals and police clearances after x months of lodgment - particularly if processing times pushed out from 18 months towards the 22 to 24 months we are seeing now.

Once it became clear that there were problems with the checklist approach it was withdrawn.

Best regards.

Edited by Alan Collett