Guest guest36187

On 11/04/2021 at 18:05, LindaH27 said:

It now shows the queue assessment. As previously noted in the forum any application after June 2018 will be assessed before being put into a queue. So they are assessing June 2018 applications now for validity prior to being given a queue date. If it’s anything like 103 ( the non contributory parent visa) the queue date could possibly be two years or so later than the the lodgement date! 

The visa assessment shows the ones they’re currently working on and processing 

Thanks @Linda27 I was confused by the 'Acknowledge New Application'  date. Shouldn't that be before the Queue and Visa assessment?

2 hours ago, Ollie1234 said:

Thanks @Linda27 I was confused by the 'Acknowledge New Application'  date. Shouldn't that be before the Queue and Visa assessment?

I think that’s either  latest date they acknowledged a new application or it’s the date that all the information is valid up to. Next month it might show acknowledgement date of end April. 

Link to the response that I received to the FOI request I had lodged with the department recently - https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2021/fa-210200253-document-released.PDF

Summary - 

1 - More than 56K applications are on-hand currently (See part 3). So any new applications going forward will easily take more than 10-12 years (and not 6 years as claimed on the dept website)

2 - Part 1 shows the (slow) pace of processing the applications - number of applications processed every month.

3 - (see the small note at the end of the document) - The Department is currently assessing for a place in the queue, Contributory Parent (Permanent) (subclass 143) and Contributory Parent (Temporary) (subclass 173) visa applications that were lodged in June 2018 and is releasing from the queue for final processing applications that were lodged in May 2016.

Edited by Sherlock

17 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Link to the response that I received to the FOI request I had lodged with the department recently - https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2021/fa-210200253-document-released.PDF

Summary - 

1 - More than 56K applications are on-hand currently (See part 3). So any new applications going forward will easily take more than 10-12 years (and not 6 years as claimed on the dept website)

2 - Part 1 shows the (slow) pace of processing the applications - number of applications processed every month.

3 - (see the small note at the end of the document) - The Department is currently assessing for a place in the queue, Contributory Parent (Permanent) (subclass 143) and Contributory Parent (Temporary) (subclass 173) visa applications that were lodged in June 2018 and is releasing from the queue for final processing applications that were lodged in May 2016.

This system is an absolute joke. 

18 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Summary - 

10 to 12 years!!!!

I SO wish I had got my parents' applications in earlier. We planned it ALL based on the 2.5 years timeline at that time.

A lot of people out there relying on the immigration website information would be planning their visas right now based on the 6-year timeline which is wrong again.

This is absolutely not done. I feel like crying.

4 minutes ago, Arti said:

10 to 12 years!!!!

I SO wish I had got my parents' applications in earlier. We planned it ALL based on the 2.5 years timeline at that time.

A lot of people out there relying on the immigration website information would be planning their visas right now based on the 6-year timeline which is wrong again.

This is absolutely not done. I feel like crying.

@Arti - 10+ years would only be for any new applicants. Since your application is from July 2018, it will be earlier for sure (same as mine - mine was Nov 2018). So don't lose hope yet. 

In fact note the comment from the dept in my post above - they are 'assessing' the application from June 2018 right now, so you may here something (about the assessment only) soon. Fingers crossed !

1 minute ago, Sherlock said:

@Arti - 10+ years would only be for any new applicants. Since your application is from July 2018, it will be earlier for sure (same as mine - mine was Nov 2018). So don't lose hope yet. 

In fact note the comment from the dept in my post above - they are 'assessing' the application from June 2018 right now, so you may here something (about the assessment only) soon. Fingers crossed !

Hope is all there is. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Arti said:

For those wanting to be heard regarding the current situation where parents are not considered immediate family.

May be an image of text that says '1:44 Facebook PROIECT The Project menkarneaitnw Please help us raise our voice! Hi Veronica, #parentsareimmediatefamily Thanks for taking the time out to share your story, we really appreciate it. Could you email this along to stories@theprojecttv.com.au? Kind regards, The Project GIF Sure, thank you Aa Sera Ok w Una E R T Y U I A S D F G Η J K z L X c V B N 123 M space return'

There’s a Facebook group called Parents are immediate family. They sent a petition to the govt just a few months ago - and  the response was that parents are  definitely not considered immediate family. The Project was a tv show highlighting the problems with  parental immigration as a whole,  with emphasis on parents stranded onshore who were being asked to leave Australia in  Order to get the 143 as it’s normally only granted offshore.   It’s now been shown and the govt did make a temporary change allowing those parents to remain onshore be given their visa. This started in March and is only valid whilst the borders are closed - which is looking more like 2022 as their vaccination program is not going well 

There is currently a senate inquiry going on into the efficacy,  time, Cost etc of parental visas. It’s due to finalise the investigation and give the results in August. It may have a good result - it may not,  as it will also highlight the increased use of 804  which the  govt  really don’t like as it costs the taxpayers far too much money and has parents on bridging visas for  up to 30 years. So that may again be under consideration for removal ? 

The best way to get a rough estimate would be to look at the list posted by @Alan Collett which showed how many applications were made per month - it’s pretty shocking reading. 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Urgent Request from everyone:
Please make a submission to the Australian Senate about this issue. The submission closing date is 30 Apr 2021 !!!

I've posted more information here
https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/213074-urgent-family-and-partner-visa-senete-enquiy-let-senete-hear-your-voice-submissions-closing-30-apr-2021/

Even if you had your visa granted, or if you know someone who has been through this pain, please take a moment to read and make your case to the Government.

• Thanks 1

Not sure if anyone else has posted any info about this previously so apologies if they have.
If anyone is interested there is a petition "Exemption for parents of Australians and Permanent Residents" on the aph dot gov dot au website.  I can't put a direct link to it on here as the forum admin will remove it.  You need special permission to post a link to a petition on here.  However, if you search for EN2535 on that website you will find it.

3 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Just seen on social media. Someone who applied end June 2018 ( coming under new queue date requirements) has been given a queue date of 29/4/21!! 

Wow!  I wonder how that's going to work.  Almost 3 years before even getting in the queue!  What a nightmare and still 2 years of applications to process before theirs!

6 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Just seen on social media. Someone who applied end June 2018 ( coming under new queue date requirements) has been given a queue date of 29/4/21!! 

I’ve spoken to the migration agent about this. It doesn’t really change anything for us wait time wise. What it illustrates is that time is of the essence when making your application and ensuring that everything is correct, complete and ready to go. Basically it means their application has been looked at, assessed and approved to enter the queue. If paperwork is missing it will delay future applications entering the queue. All the more reason to use an agent I guess so your application gets into the queue at the earliest possible date. 

Edited by sandiepops28

11 minutes ago, sandiepops28 said:

I’ve spoken to the migration agent about this. It doesn’t really change anything for us wait time wise. What it illustrates is that time is of the essence when making your application and ensuring that everything is correct, complete and ready to go. Basically it means their application has been looked at, assessed and approved to enter the queue. If paperwork is missing it will delay future applications entering the queue. All the more reason to use an agent I guess so your application gets into the queue at the earliest possible date. 

Oh when 103 and 804 are assessed then given a queue date it’s always later than the application date and that’s the date they use for processing.  
I thought that the queue date  - rather than the visa application date  – was the factor that determined  when the visa application is processed?

@Alan Collett can you elaborate at all - obviously lots of people will be wondering about this 

Edited by LindaH27

Just now, LindaH27 said:

Oh when 103 and 804 are assessed then given a queue date it’s always later and that’s the date they use for processing.  I think @palaceboy1 might be able to clarify that? 
I thought that the queue date – rather than the visa application date – will be the factor that determines when the visa application is processed

34 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

This was certainly the case when we applied for the 103 back in 2015 but there was nothing like a three year gap between the dates . I wonder if the queue date calculator is about to come back online . This new system surely favours using an agent to ensure your application is spot on as any mistakes could cost you years before getting a queue date . 

16 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

What does it mean? I applied 143 in October 2017 and so far no one from Immi Dept contacted me regarding my queue date. I have no idea what my queue date is 😞

2 minutes ago, VyVy said:

What does it mean? I applied 143 in October 2017 and so far no one from Immi Dept contacted me regarding my queue date. I have no idea what my queue date is 😞

It only affects whose who applied after 1st June 2018. Your queue date is your lodgement date ie October 2017

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

I don’t think that’s correct , ours was a specific date eg 24/08/2015 which was after lodgement

It applies to applications for contributory visas only - not 103 and was brought in in October 2020. Pre I/6/18 the application date for contributory visas was the lodgement date then it changed after that as a queuing system was introduced similar to that for 103 and 804.

Please see https://www.gm-parent-visas.com/contributory-parent-visa-applications-queuing-system-introduced/

• Like 2

I applied on 11 October 2017, received an acknowledgement of application received on 28 October 2017. Is 28 October 2017 my queue date? But they also said in the email "Your application has not yet been assessed. We will contact you as soon as your application
has been reviewed and if further information is required". More than 3.5 years and they haven't still access my application? Am I actually in a queue yet?