Guest guest36187

On 27/05/2019 at 12:40, Mani Baxi said:

Hi Everyone,

We applied for 143 visa in August 2015.

We are expecting my parents residency in the coming weeks.

My parents are here in Australia right now on a tourist visa and as per the rules once they are to the stage of processing the residency then my parents have o leave the country, my question is how long do they have to leave and do they have to go back to the home country or can we just send them some where close like Bali or NZ?

Many Thanks

Mani

Unless the rules have changed they just need to be out of Australia  we were asked to give our departure date and flight details and were given a date to leave before  (we went to Fiji) our residency was granted as soon as we were there but you should allow a few days, a week to be safe in my opinion before returning.

• Like 1

On 27/05/2019 at 11:59, Anks said:

So now when the elections are over, has anyone applied for Subclass 870 the temp long stay parent visa which was a talk of the town for almost 4 years. With its exorbitant fees is this visa category having its own quota or affecting the parent visa category quota?

I applied to be a sponsor for my Mum for this visa on 30th April 2019. Not heard anything so far and I have no idea how long the sponsor processing for this will take.

Not happy about the cost, but don't feel like we have a choice. Mum applied for 143 June 2017 thinking it would be a 2.5/3 year process, but the now 5/6 year wait in the UK is just too long for her circumstances. I'm just hoping that she gets one of the 15,000 places available this year, she can't apply until the end of July due to being away and as this visa has been long awaited for, I expect there will be so many people applying, she may miss out. More stress and more expense.

No only 400 have applied so far so you won’t have a problem! Think you may have applied a bit too early 

Taken from a post about six posts above this post 

Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 870)

At the date of the meeting, 400 sponsorship applications had been submitted. While it is surprising that the figure is relatively low; it was felt that perhaps people might be holding off and waiting for the election results; as Labour had undertaken to relax the Temporary Parent Visa should they be elected.

We raised our concerns about the lack of detailed regulations and policy not being released in a timely manner prior to commencement of the sponsorship; and pointed out there were flaws within the online application.

The Department was intending to commence processing applications within 2 weeks of sponsorships being available (around the 3rd week in May).

The Department fully expects that the Subclass 870 visa may be used as an interim measure by parents waiting for the processing of their 173/143 applications. 870 visa applicants will not be refused on GTE grounds where 173/143 applications have been lodged.

Obviously  cost had put people off - so far! 

Edited by LindaH27

7 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

No only 400 have applied so far so you won’t have a problem! Think you may have applied a bit too early 

Taken from a post about doc above this post 

Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 870)

At the date of the meeting, 400 sponsorship applications had been submitted. While it is surprising that the figure is relatively low; it was felt that perhaps people might be holding off and waiting for the election results; as Labour had undertaken to relax the Temporary Parent Visa should they be elected.

We raised our concerns about the lack of detailed regulations and policy not being released in a timely manner prior to commencement of the sponsorship; and pointed out there were flaws within the online application.

The Department was intending to commence processing applications within 2 weeks of sponsorships being available (around the 3rd week in May).

The Department fully expects that the Subclass 870 visa may be used as an interim measure by parents waiting for the processing of their 173/143 applications. 870 visa applicants will not be refused on GTE grounds where 173/143 applications have been lodged.

Obviously  cost had put people off - so far! 

Thanks for this Linda, hopefully my Mum will be ok for this year then. Yep I submitted my sponsorship application a week after it opened, so pretty hot off the mark lol.

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Which one are you going for - the 3 or 5 year? 

I'm thinking the 3 year as the cost is so high, then we will have to extend it if her 143 isn't approved in time. The costs of it all are really racking up, but don't think we have a choice. She could come over and apply for the onshore CPV, but would go back to the beginning of the queue again which isn't an option.

47 minutes ago, VictoriaP said:

I applied to be a sponsor for my Mum for this visa on 30th April 2019. Not heard anything so far and I have no idea how long the sponsor processing for this will take.

Not happy about the cost, but don't feel like we have a choice. Mum applied for 143 June 2017 thinking it would be a 2.5/3 year process, but the now 5/6 year wait in the UK is just too long for her circumstances. I'm just hoping that she gets one of the 15,000 places available this year, she can't apply until the end of July due to being away and as this visa has been long awaited for, I expect there will be so many people applying, she may miss out. More stress and more expense.

Hi Victoria, we are in a very similar situation. We applied for the 143 in May 2017. Like you, we just want our mum over now and as the wait time keeps getting longer and longer, we don't have much choice but to pay the crazy high visa cost for the 870! We can't apply for sponsorship until July, then we will be applying for the 870 as soon as we have that approved. It sounds like we don't need to worry too much about the 15,000 limit being reached. Phew! 

24 minutes ago, youngfreewild said:

Hi Victoria, we are in a very similar situation. We applied for the 143 in May 2017. Like you, we just want our mum over now and as the wait time keeps getting longer and longer, we don't have much choice but to pay the crazy high visa cost for the 870! We can't apply for sponsorship until July, then we will be applying for the 870 as soon as we have that approved. It sounds like we don't need to worry too much about the 15,000 limit being reached. Phew! 

Yep fingers crossed both our Mum's will be ok for this years allocation. I'll post with an update when I hear something 😃

• Like 1

anyone has any idea how long to expect  the wait  for 143 lodged 26/2/16.

I just lodged sponsored family visitor visa 600 for mum. But not sure if she will be granted one this time as she stayed in Australia for 12 months straight, just has been out of Australia for only 2 months . 

I might think of doing 870 for my mum to come. It’s just gonna be a bit wasted if I applied for 3 years on 870 and her 143 will process next year 😞 

Her Feb 2016 143 is unlikely to  process next year if August 2015 are taking 4 or more years. There was a huge increase in the queue by end June 2015 (practically doubled!) so it’s likely to take longer than 4 years. As other posters have noticed the queue up to now has only been moving forward 4 months for every year passing, so a 3 year 600 may be your best bet but likely to have a condition on it saying stay is only 12 months in every 18 ie she would have to leave after 12 months in Oz and remain outside of Oz for 6 months before starting another 12 months stay. Or pay out for 3 year 870. To my mind the problem with the 870 to fund living etc is that if you sell your house in UK you’ve nothing to comeback to if the processing takes longer. 

26 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Her Feb 2016 143 is unlikely to  process next year if August 2015 are taking 4 or more years. There was a huge increase in the queue by end June 2015 (practically doubled!) so it’s likely to take longer than 4 years. As other posters have noticed the queue up to now has only been moving forward 4 months for every year passing, so a 3 year 600 may be your best bet but likely to have a condition on it saying stay is only 12 months in every 18 ie she would have to leave after 12 months in Oz and remain outside of Oz for 6 months before starting another 12 months stay. Or pay out for 3 year 870. To my mind the problem with the 870 to fund living etc is that if you sell your house in UK you’ve nothing to comeback to if the processing takes longer. 

I will go for 870 then. Still better here with family than outside alone 😞 

Hope I’m not too late to do the sponsorship application. 

Thanks Linda

6 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

No you’re not too late! It only started mid April. They have a cap of 15000 per year I believe and apparently there’s only been about 400 applications so far - think the cost is a big factor for many. Good luck! 

Also the taxable income requirement to be met by the sponsor/s of an 870 visa is too high a hurdle for some.

Check this before raising your hopes too much.

Best regards.

4 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Also the taxable income requirement to be met by the sponsor/s of an 870 visa is too high a hurdle for some.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan am I right in thinking it’s around $82000 - seem to remember reading that somewhere! 

just found this on SBS

8 APR 2019 - 4:05 PM  UPDATED 8 APR 2019 - 4:05 PM

Only those migrants with a taxable income of $83,454.80 will be able to sponsor their parents for the new Temporary Sponsored Parent Visa.

The Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs David Coleman specified the amount in the new legislative instrument.

Mr Coleman had announced last month that applications to sponsor a parent for this new visa would be open from 17 April 2019. 

Once a sponsorship application has been approved, the concerned parent will be able to apply for a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa. Applications for the visa are expected to open from 1 July 2019.

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

Best regards.

Thanks for the info. 

I have just little bit short from taxable income requirement ( if i am right it’s $83k)  but my husband is way higher from requirement. 

Do you know if my husband can be a sponsor? As I read somewhere it says “in law” can be a sponsor. 

I am in a different situation altogether and not sure if I should apply for 870. I have my mum here in Aus on 600 and her visa condition must arrive after 29/09/2020. So if I plan it correctly and send her back 6 months prior to that date ie.e March 2020 and have her stay away for 6 months I can call her here for another 12 months if I get her here before 29 Sept 2020. - Am I correct?? and If so I will get another 12 months before I should even consider 870 and by 2021 her CPV 143 should have made a bit more closer to processing, having all fingers crossed (CPV 1st VAC paid on 16th Sept 2017) 

Is it correct to interpret this or am I missing something or if someone can advise if there is a better way to look at this.

Just update my mum case.

She just got granted another sponsored family visitor visa 600 (which allows her stay for 12months) after 2 months out of Australia. 

So guess I don’t need to think of 870 at least until next year. 

Hopefully her 143 will be proceeded anytime next year. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

2 minutes ago, Doris said:

Just update my mum case.

She just got granted another sponsored family visitor visa 600 (which allows her stay for 12months) after 2 months out of Australia. 

So guess I don’t need to think of 870 at least until next year. 

Hopefully her 143 will be proceeded anytime next year. 

Congrats that's great to hear. Is it a 3 years validity visa? 

• Like 1