Guest guest36187

25 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

Oh my word, that is excellent news. Let's hope that keeps up:D

So, so close to you now @Catlady2014 and @clerk85 

We have definitely decided to go on a tourist visa in June and take a bit of a break before our visas are processed.

I'm getting a teeny bit excited today:P

We are also going out in June, but only for 6 weeks. It's our youngest grandchilds 1st birthday at the end of July, so couldn't miss that. We are hoping (a big hope!) that we get medical requests before Xmas, pass them, and then get 600 visa so that we can spend Xmas with our families. It's also hubby's 70th in February and our daughter's 40th in May, so it would be even better to be there then .

Geoff & Gill

6 hours ago, clerk85 said:

Hi Tracy,

You may get phone interview anytime. Receive phone call from any private number during office hours MONDAY-FRIDAY.  AOS processing time is can vary from 4 to 10 weeks at this moment as per my experience and tracking this forum. It depends on lot of factors and luck is the #1 factor. I have received AOS last week and it is within 4 weeks of submission. I got phone interview call after 2.5 weeks.

Probably, I am not gonna get contacted by Case Officer or PVC soon as I am an October 2014 applicant and one the applicant's medical will take a few weeks more to be done.

Hi Catlady2014,

Is there any update in your AOS processing or anything. I always follow you as I am around a week behind you.

Thanks clerk85,

I thought they would process AOS according to the date AOS lodged.

I couldn't figure out how it works.

39 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

We are also going out in June, but only for 6 weeks. It's our youngest grandchilds 1st birthday at the end of July, so couldn't miss that. We are hoping (a big hope!) that we get medical requests before Xmas, pass them, and then get 600 visa so that we can spend Xmas with our families. It's also hubby's 70th in February and our daughter's 40th in May, so it would be even better to be there then .

Geoff & Gill

Maybe that drink on the South Bank will be sooner than we thought:)

My daughter will be 40 in July and our grandson will be 2 in August. We certainly don't want to miss those either so I think the next few weeks are going to be crazy busy organising all sorts of "stuff". Not quite sure exactly how much "stuff" there is but I'm sure I'll find out:D:D

53 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Geoff & Gill

Oops, managed to get my last reply within your post!!!

Think I'm a bit scatter-brained today as it was only last night we definitely decided to take the plunge in June:D

24 minutes ago, NanaJan said:

Oops, managed to get my last reply within your post!!!

Think I'm a bit scatter-brained today as it was only last night we definitely decided to take the plunge in June:D

No worries! Yes, we'll definitely have to meet up during our 6 weeks! We can pick your brains for our last minute organising when we apply?

Geoff & Gill

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bear2015 said:

Hi, 

This new updrade to the app is great, but I miss the signature line where everybody can enter there lodgement dates etc... Has anyone figured out if there is an option like that on this new version ? 

It shows on mine:)

Just looked in Settings/Signature and there is a tick-box marked 'show signatures' and mine is ticked.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tracy56 said:

Thanks clerk85,

I thought they would process AOS according to the date AOS lodged.

I couldn't figure out how it works.

Hi Tracy56,

Yes, they process according to submission date. It doesn't mean that AOS will be issued according to submission date. They open each application according to submission date but I don't know the workflow after opening the application. I can only share my experience. I went to a centrelink office close to Sydney CBD and I found that the officers know about AOS very well. They checked and submitted my application very quickly. I haven't missed the phone call from private number. I went to CBA Sydney branch and found that the bank officer processes bank guarantee almost daily basis. Regarding my personal circumstances: I am in Australia for last 4.5 years. I have never been to Centrelink before and never took any help/benefit from them. I have been submitting TAX every year. I don't have significant debt. But what ever the reason I think I am a bit lucky in regards of AOS processing time.  

2 hours ago, clerk85 said:

Hi Tracy56,

Yes, they process according to submission date. It doesn't mean that AOS will be issued according to submission date. They open each application according to submission date but I don't know the workflow after opening the application. I can only share my experience. I went to a centrelink office close to Sydney CBD and I found that the officers know about AOS very well. They checked and submitted my application very quickly. I haven't missed the phone call from private number. I went to CBA Sydney branch and found that the bank officer processes bank guarantee almost daily basis. Regarding my personal circumstances: I am in Australia for last 4.5 years. I have never been to Centrelink before and never took any help/benefit from them. I have been submitting TAX every year. I don't have significant debt. But what ever the reason I think I am a bit lucky in regards of AOS processing time.  

Thanks clerk85,

Maybe I have to wait for a few weeks. If I haven't received phone interview until then, I will call Centrelink.

55 minutes ago, jeanhob said:

Does anyone know how much the bond is alongside the CPV? How long do you have to leave the bond in for?

$10,000 for 10 years - looked into after 5 years and then another 5 years after   -   I think!! 

Anyone else confirm this is correct ? Also see following link  

http://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/34aos

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

$10,000 for 10 years - looked into after 5 years and then another 5 years after   -   I think!! 

Anyone else confirm this is correct ? Also see following link  

http://www.border.gov.au/about/corporate/information/fact-sheets/34aos

4 hours ago, jeanhob said:

Does anyone know how much the bond is alongside the CPV? How long do you have to leave the bond in for?

$10,000 for a single applicant, $14,000 for a couple, and yes it's 10 years.  I believe interest is payable on the bond when redeemed.  

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

This website has been in incredibly informative and supportive in the short time (1 year) we have been in the parent visa queue.

But since the site's re-branding, everything seams to have gone a bit quite (only three posts in a week).

Please, please, please keep your posts coming!!!

It would be really good to hear from some of the recent visa recipients -

Any tips for our first year in Australia?

Is there anything you wish you had taken with you but didn't.

What's your 'top ten list' of things to do before you leave the UK to make the move go smoothly.

Or maybe everyone just needs to say a quick "Hello, we are sill here"

Sue

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Hi Everyone,

This website has been in incredibly informative and supportive in the short time (1 year) we have been in the parent visa queue.

But since the site's re-branding, everything seams to have gone a bit quite (only three posts in a week).

What's your 'top ten list' of things to do before you leave the UK to make the move go smoothly.

Sue

We are still here ? Think everyone has been a little subdued as processing seems to be longer and longer, currently about 2.6 and 2.8yrs?   Am also only one year in and fed up already. A few on here are nearing the end so it gives you a little boost when you hear they have had the offer ! Hope for us all yet.

Quite a few going over before permnament visa offer on a 600 visa so that's an option for some. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

Hi Everyone,

Sue

Well, Sue, I'm one of those inching painfully slowly towards the end of the process, but I don't usually post unless there's some news or if I can answer a question asked by somebody else, which probably goes for most members on here.  The other things you mention are mostly  covered in other threads/topics in other parts of the forums.  If you take a quick look through the forums, you'll see what I mean.   Anyway, hello - I'm still here.  

Here's a link to another topic that you might find interesting: 

Edited by Catlady2014
  • Like 3

Hallo, I'm still here ... We got our visa a year ago but couldn't move for family reasons. We are now trying to sell our house and wondering what the pound will be worth when we finally do!  Hopefully we'll be over in Sydney by the end of summer but if we still haven't sold by Christmas we're going to go anyway and leave it empty and for sale.

i agree with Catlady, lots of other really informative threads on here, including some great info about packing.

• Like 2