Guest guest36187

Shufffle up everyone - there's room for one more in the waiting room! Received Notification of Grant of Visa this morning:jiggy:

Hi Sadge

Hooray, at last, what a relief for you. It's a strange feeling isn't it after all this time. Anyway you can now get of with your life, good luck and many congratulations.

Julie

Guest geordie joe
Shufffle up everyone - there's room for one more in the waiting room! Received Notification of Grant of Visa this morning:jiggy:

Fantastic news Sadie, you must be so pleased after the recent ups and downs, time to enjoy Christmas.

We applied 1st June 2016

does anyone know an approximate time scale as to getting a visa?

it was 24 months but now seems a lot longer.

any guess or ideas greatly appreciated

Hi, I would say at least 30 months and could get to 36 :( , what we don't know is how many people are in the waiting room ahead of us and when immi are going to reach the years allocation, the year starts 1st July and this year there was a backlog of applicants to process. We all just watch this site for latest updates and pick up lots of helpful advice on the process from people ahead of us in the queue, welcome !

You are correct . Visitor visas don't count as residency for PR. I have a friend who checked from immi. They said tourist visas didn't count. She was asked to key in her parents earliest resident arrival date on the citizenship date calculator and then apply after 4 years.
Your friend was given incorrect information (not unusual when asking DIBP a question). Many people include the time on a visitor visa towards the residency requirement with no trouble at all.

Hey all,

Many congratulstions on the visa grants, amazing news just in time for the festive season.

I have a question. I have just renewed my passport and my son, who is our sponsor has just moved, what is the best way to inform PVC? Your help is much appreciated.

Also, is it normal not to hear from immi for six months? We applied just over six months ago and apart from the first acknowledgement, we have heard nothing since. However, sadly I think I know the answer to this one :((

Cheers,

Nita

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone could help me with this.

We faxed our bank guarantee confirmation to centrelink last Thursday and haven't heard back from them.

How long does it take for them to respond to this? I've called to check if they have the records on file and they said they have received them on the day I faxed it.

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

Many congratulstions on the visa grants, amazing news just in time for the festive season.

I have a question. I have just renewed my passport and my son, who is our sponsor has just moved, what is the best way to inform PVC? Your help is much appreciated.

Also, is it normal not to hear from immi for six months? We applied just over six months ago and apart from the first acknowledgement, we have heard nothing since. However, sadly I think I know the answer to this one :((

Cheers,

Nita

Hi Nita

we had this problem with our daughter changing addresses twice. All you have to do is get your son to email IMMI under the OTHELP route quoting your file reference and advise IMMI of the new address. Our daughter not only moved twice but got married as well, so you can imagine the number of notifications required. Ask your son to ask for confirmation of receipt from IMMI.

you might also like to email IMMI to tell them that your son will be contacting them.

Julie

Hi

centrelink are a rule unto themselves, the letter can take some time to come through, however if they tell you that it has been issued you can go down to your local office and obtain a copy, they won't email it so don't bother asking! We saved 5 days doing it this way.

hope that helps.

Julie

Hi

centrelink are a rule unto themselves, the letter can take some time to come through, however if they tell you that it has been issued you can go down to your local office and obtain a copy, they won't email it so don't bother asking! We saved 5 days doing it this way.

hope that helps.

Julie

Thanks Julie. They told me that our file is on the waiting list and it takes up to 30 days to complete.. Now it's been 10 weeks since we lodged the Aos at centrelink.. still counting.

Hi Julie,

thanks for your your help. I did a little reading and was thinking of creating an immi account / or by attaching the online form to an email? Would that work, as I also have to let them know that I have renewed my passport. Which is why we told our son we would inform immi of both.

He is about to go off shore and sadly as boys tend to be not the most efficient at keeping up with things like this or laid back as he likes to call it.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, it's much appreciated.

Also, nice to see so many of the forum members getting their visa grants and making us 2016's see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers,

Nita

Hey all,

Cheers,

Nita

Definitely not unusual to hear nothing Nita - we haven't heard anything since April 2015 when our application was acknowledged. We long for the day when we hear something! Zee

Guest geordie joe
Thanks Julie. They told me that our file is on the waiting list and it takes up to 30 days to complete.. Now it's been 10 weeks since we lodged the Aos at centrelink.. still counting.

16 weeks today since we lodged and our AOS is not complete..........hey ho 'tis the season to be jolly

Joe

Hi all

Oh well, here it is

woooohoooooo!!!

Visa granted today 15 December!

Good luck to all those still waiting and hang on in there!

Huge congratulations to you! Brilliant news! It's great when its finalised and there's no more waiting isn't it!! What a long journey....

All the best

Amanda

Hey Peterhall,

thanks for the reply, sorry to hear that you've not heard anything since April 2015. Let's hope you are top of their list. Encouraging news that so many visa grants have been processed so people can move on to the next part of the process of actually moving. We have decided not to tell anyone we have applied yet to avoid the eternal ' you still here' conversation.

Cheers

Nita

Hey Peterhall,

thanks for the reply, sorry to hear that you've not heard anything since April 2015. Let's hope you are top of their list. Encouraging news that so many visa grants have been processed so people can move on to the next part of the process of actually moving. We have decided not to tell anyone we have applied yet to avoid the eternal ' you still here' conversation.

Cheers

Nita

Very sensible Nita. We held off for about 6 months but then thought that things would be moving a lot quicker than they have done. As you say everyone's first question when they see you is "have you heard anything?" Everyone will know when we do hear something - we will be cheering so loudly!! Zee

Very sensible Nita. We held off for about 6 months but then thought that things would be moving a lot quicker than they have done. As you say everyone's first question when they see you is "have you heard anything?" Everyone will know when we do hear something - we will be cheering so loudly!! Zee

If I tell people now that my visa has been granted, it'll be "When are you going?", so I'm not celebrating too loudly, just sharing the news as and when people actually ask. It feels odd really, after all this time checking for emails, it's not the first thing I do each morning.