Guest guest36187

Thanks Barry. Thank you so much. Your suggestion is really helpful. I have written them a mail requesting them to send me the letter via email. I will also send this mail you have suggested in order to speed up the process of documentation.

I was also wondering which all documents they must have asked...anything other than PCC, medical and Form 80 ?

Hi

I am presuming that you are in a country which has the eHealth arrangement with Oz ie UK

if so, your medicals examination results are sent directly to Oz online and if you were given an A rating by the participating doctor,they will receive an OK from Oz within a very short time, sometimes just minutes

hope this helps

Barry

Hi

I am presuming that you are in a country which has the eHealth arrangement with Oz ie UK

if so, your medicals examination results are sent directly to Oz online and if you were given an A rating by the participating doctor,they will receive an OK from Oz within a very short time, sometimes just minutes

hope this helps

Barry

Yes Barry you are right we have eHealth arrangement with Oz. I am not worried about my medical as I am a young mom 50 :biggrin:Only thing I am worried about is the letter and the document checklist because you never know if they have some special document listed for me :biggrin:.Anyway thank you once again for your kind suggestion.

Hi guys,

I will be applying for a 143 visa for my mum by the end of the financial year and I read that she is entitled to a bridging visa if she has been granted a subclass 600 tourist visa if granted through ministerial intervention. Does that mean if she came over on a subclass 600 visa(that was applied on the internet), she is not entitled to a bridging visa? This is because, she's on an ETA 601 at the moment and I considered applying the subclass 600 visa so that she wont have to leave the country every 3 months. Hope one of you guys will have the answer to this! Thanks!

Hi guys,

I will be applying for a 143 visa for my mum by the end of the financial year and I read that she is entitled to a bridging visa if she has been granted a subclass 600 tourist visa if granted through ministerial intervention. Does that mean if she came over on a subclass 600 visa(that was applied on the internet), she is not entitled to a bridging visa? This is because, she's on an ETA 601 at the moment and I considered applying the subclass 600 visa so that she wont have to leave the country every 3 months. Hope one of you guys will have the answer to this! Thanks!

I think you'll find there is generally no BV entitlement when applying for a 143 visa.

Is your Mum "aged", as defined? Have you looked at an 864 visa option?

Best regards.

Is this you? The Consortium of British Pensioners are fighting to stop the unfairness of 'frozen pensions'

Quoted from https://www.facebook.com/#!/pensionjustice?fref=nf

ICBP are always looking for personal stories to be highlighted in the British press? Could it be you?

Did you move overseas to work for a British company and further the interests of Britain?

Did you return to the UK because of a frozen pension?

Are you prepared to be interviewed by the press ?

Please contact us at chairman@pensionjustice.org

I had sent a query to parent visa department stating I have not received any letter or document checklist and to which address they sent it. They replied they had sent it to my email address whereas, earlier they wrote they had sent it to my postal address. Which one do I take in consideration? I have never received any acknowledgment via email? Is it ever possible that someone sends me an email and I don't get it for some technical reason? I am really worried now as they sent me an email stating that my file will soon go for assessment and that they need all the documents. I have tried my best to get HAP ID, (requested parent visa, requested local medical centre, requested local high commission)....but failed. I know I can send PCC and form 80 but what will happen to medical. Can any one advise as what should I do now? When I requested Parent visa department to resend the document checklist ...they wrote they will once they locate my physical file. I am really stressed. Please help me if you can.

I had sent a query to parent visa department stating I have not received any letter or document checklist and to which address they sent it. They replied they had sent it to my email address whereas, earlier they wrote they had sent it to my postal address. Which one do I take in consideration? I have never received any acknowledgment via email? Is it ever possible that someone sends me an email and I don't get it for some technical reason? I am really worried now as they sent me an email stating that my file will soon go for assessment and that they need all the documents. I have tried my best to get HAP ID, (requested parent visa, requested local medical centre, requested local high commission)....but failed. I know I can send PCC and form 80 but what will happen to medical. Can any one advise as what should I do now? When I requested Parent visa department to resend the document checklist ...they wrote they will once they locate my physical file. I am really stressed. Please help me if you can.

Hi

i'm sorry to hear that you have not made any progress with immi

We are about 3/4 months behind you in the process so am unable to say what immi in Perth would want from you prior to assigning a Case Officer

When we applied the system seems to be going through a change because with our acknowledgement letter they asked for the form 80 straight away by email and at the same time gave us dates to start the police check and the medicals

The only things I can suggest are:

Asking your sponsor to telephone or write to immi in Perth and send the letter by courier or if Perth is your destination ask him/her to make a personal visit to the Perth CPV office to try and sort things out

Sorry am unable to help further

Good luck, I'm sure everything will pan out soon

cheers Barry

Edited by Barry001

Suggest that you ask your sponsor to telephone the Parents Visa Centre - or do so yourself.

Best regards.

Thanks Barry and Alan for your help.

My sponsor spoke to DIAC this morning (Australia). They said they can not speak to him as he is not an authorised person. Last year when I was in Australia , I went to their local office to inquire about my acknowledgment letter. They suggested me to call parent visa centre. When I called, a lady on the other side told me she can only speak to sponsor. My sponsor spoke to her. Now they can not speak to my sponsor. However, they told my sponsor that if no dates are mentioned in the email, then I need to send the documents within 28 days/4 weeks.

Alan, I have sent them emails through every possible way. I have sent them email via general skilled migration post lodgment query as well as via parent visa post lodgment query (I found one). I have sent them mail for HAP ID (subject HAP LTR and client reference number), I have also sent them mail for not getting the documents (different subject line). I am not even getting any automated mail.

They told my sponsor it will take 2 weeks for them to reply to my mail.

I have already sent them my Form 80. But I am concerned only about the medical as I don't know when will I get my HAP ID.

I will call them and try to get the HAP ID. I will keep updating about this matter.

Thanks to both of you once again.

Regards,

Blueray, might it be possible that you ask the medical centre to carry out your medical examinations and hold on to the results pending you finding out your HAP ID? Once you give the clinic the number they can zoom the info off, thus saving time. Its worth a try.......

Hello again Blueray.

This is one of those situations where we as migration agents would be able to secure the comfort you need - it is usually much easier for us to communicate with people in the Department who can make things happen.

I know it shouldn't be that way, but your experiences are the reality behind the Department's rhetoric.

Best regards.

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread so just catching up with everyone's queries and posts. Good to see a lot of people month same boat.

Im the sponsor & have been living in Melbourne for the last 8 years and applied for my dad's contributory parent visa 143 through a local migration agent.

We received the acknowledgement letter dated 16/01/2013 along with this letter stating a list of things to be commenced on specific dated such as the Police Clearance, Medicals, Assurance of Support and sending the form 80 right away. We have sent through Form 80 ASAP in April 2013 & my dad has completed his Police clearance too which is ready to go.

However my lawyer is advising me to wait for the case officer to be allocated before we commence Medicals and start the assurance of support process through Centrelink. Can any one shed light on whether this is right? The lawyer says we can't commence Medicals till we have the HAP ID and he reckons once the CO is allocated they'll give us sufficient time to get the Medicals and AOS done.

its been exactly 16 months since we received the acknowledgement and my dad's getting paranoid as well as desperate since we haven't heard of the CO being allocated yet.

Can anyone advise on right steps? Do we get Medicals done despite lawyer saying it's not possible without the HAP ID? Do I as the assure commence the AOS process as outlined on the checklist?

Cheers

Hi all,

I'm new to this thread so just catching up with everyone's queries and posts. Good to see a lot of people month same boat.

Im the sponsor & have been living in Melbourne for the last 8 years and applied for my dad's contributory parent visa 143 through a local migration agent.

We received the acknowledgement letter dated 16/01/2013 along with this letter stating a list of things to be commenced on specific dated such as the Police Clearance, Medicals, Assurance of Support and sending the form 80 right away. We have sent through Form 80 ASAP in April 2013 & my dad has completed his Police clearance too which is ready to go.

However my lawyer is advising me to wait for the case officer to be allocated before we commence Medicals and start the assurance of support process through Centrelink. Can any one shed light on whether this is right? The lawyer says we can't commence Medicals till we have the HAP ID and he reckons once the CO is allocated they'll give us sufficient time to get the Medicals and AOS done.

its been exactly 16 months since we received the acknowledgement and my dad's getting paranoid as well as desperate since we haven't heard of the CO being allocated yet.

Can anyone advise on right steps? Do we get Medicals done despite lawyer saying it's not possible without the HAP ID? Do I as the assure commence the AOS process as outlined on the checklist?

Cheers

Hi

regarding obtaining HAPIDs, if you turn up my posting to BLUERAYon page 680 you will find guidance on how to proceed

As far as I am aware medical results and police checks are valid for 1 year and I would also set the AOS in motion because Centrelink have a reputation for dragging their feet processing applications

cheers

Barry

Edited by Barry001

Blueray, might it be possible that you ask the medical centre to carry out your medical examinations and hold on to the results pending you finding out your HAP ID? Once you give the clinic the number they can zoom the info off, thus saving time. Its worth a try.......

Vava, Thank you for your suggestion.

I tried that as well but medical centre told me that they need the HAP letter from the DIBP.

Anyway for all....I got the HAP letter and document checklist from DIBP(DIAC). I have also done my emedical online and got the printout of the reference letter.

Everything is fine but a new issue is......my spouse is a non-migrant (I was the only applicant), however, DIAC has sent the HAP letter stating my spouse as secondary applicant and allotted him a HAP ID. Now again I don't know how to resolve this issue. In fact, I am unable to do my medical as I am not sure whether I need to get my spouse's medical done or not as a secondary applicant. I know that he needs to do medical but as a non-migrant and not as a secondary applicant.

Can anyone advise me please:

In the document checklist following clauses are given.

"Penal (Police Clearance) Certificates from Australia - Required for each applicant

and non-migrating dependent/s such as spouse and dependent children over the age of 16 who

have resided in Australia for a cumulative total of one year or more in the last ten years." -------Do they mean my sponsor who is a citizen of Australia needs to give his National police check too?

"Permanent Residency Health Assessment - required for all applicants and non-migrating dependents such as spouse and dependent children"-----Does it mean my son(sponsor), citizen of Australia needs to give his medical too?

OR is it applicable for overseas migrant and non-migrant family members only.

Lots of thanks to all who are helping me.

Regards

Hello again Blueray.

This is one of those situations where we as migration agents would be able to secure the comfort you need - it is usually much easier for us to communicate with people in the Department who can make things happen.

I know it shouldn't be that way, but your experiences are the reality behind the Department's rhetoric.

Best regards.

You are absolutely right Alan, now I feel the same. This was not expected though, hence, I never thought of going through a migration agent.

Anyway, I am happy that I got the document checklist.

I want to know that should I send only Form 80 or all the documents. I don't know who is my case officer...no name or team is mentioned below the email for request of documents....it is only regards an parent visa centre. So i presume that my case officer is not allotted but which all documents did they ask for? all including medical and pcc or just form 80? they mentioned to send just the documents. I am thinking of sending all including Pcc and medical.

Moreover, they have sent HAP ID for my spouse stating him as a secondary applicant, whereas I am the sole applicant. I know that I need to get his medical done as well but as a secondary applicant? or a non-migrant? I am confused. Please help me Alan.

Many many thanks to you for helping me all the time.

Regards,

So now we are panicking as looks like they are pulling the 103 visas.

I'll have been here two years in June and my mum was still just considering applying but now it looks like this might be her only chance to avoid paying the contributory visa costs.

As I'm rushing through trying to get everything in order, can I please check a few things with those in the know already?

The only fee upfront it the $2400 fee for the 103 application.

She will be able to come to Australia on a tourist visa to see us for visits and return to the UK like she normally does once the application is lodged.

In about 10 years they will ask for medical and police checks to be done.

Once the checks come back to them ok they will ask me for the $5000 assurance of support bond, and once I pay it, they'll grant the visa.

Mum will have 12 months to come to australia and validate, then 5 years to come and go as she pleases, after which she'll need to apply for citizenship or a rrv to make another trip back to the UK.

Does this sound ok, or have I gone drastically wrong somewhere and picked up the completely wrong end of the stick?!

Guys im done with my medical and PCC for CPV 143. now just moving to the the next step , which is aos. Anyone has any idea when i can possibly get a CO ? its been 13 months from allotment. And one more thing, how can i know tht i have cleared my medical ? Cheers.

Daeria

Sounds about right to me - we applied eighteen months ago and it was fairly straightforward.

I made the mistake of getting my daughter to fill in her sponsor forms and send them to me, then ended up sending them back to her for her to forward them to the dept. Cant remember why we did this but I've a feeling it was from a security point of view. Anyway, as time is of the essence, I would get your mum to fill in her forms (can download and print off from the Au gov. website) and send them to you asap. We used some sort of post office recorded delivery - again I cant remember but it cost about £12 ... there was a super duper courier thing that cost about £40 but guaranteed delivery in about two days - might be something to think about in the interests of saving time. While you are waiting for her forms to arrive you can be downloading the sponsors forms and filling them in at your end.

One other thing that held us up was getting copies of everything. Tell your mum you can get certified copies of birth certs etc from the UK gov registry office - these can be ordered online and also be delivered pronto on payment of a premium (not so much this time - about a tenner I think). Other hold up for us was the existence of a change of name by deed poll form to be certified and copied. Anything like this, we found the local law courts very helpful - just rocked up with the papers and the guy on the information got it stamped, signed and copied on the spot. Hope this helps. If you think about it the only time consuming bit is posting the forms from UK (I don't think faxes were accepted).

Have you looked at Alan Collet's advice on here? I've a feeling he said its possible to lodge the application in principle with the paperwork to follow ... but I'm not sure.

Oh, one last thing, my daughter transferred the money from inside Australia and we sent it on to her from here. Might be more straightforward. Oh and don't panic if you get no acknowledgement for a while - we heard after about six weeks, but didn't get a queue date for ages.

Good luck!

Daeria

Sounds about right to me - we applied eighteen months ago and it was fairly straightforward.

I made the mistake of getting my daughter to fill in her sponsor forms and send them to me, then ended up sending them back to her for her to forward them to the dept. Cant remember why we did this but I've a feeling it was from a security point of view. Anyway, as time is of the essence, I would get your mum to fill in her forms (can download and print off from the Au gov. website) and send them to you asap. We used some sort of post office recorded delivery - again I cant remember but it cost about £12 ... there was a super duper courier thing that cost about £40 but guaranteed delivery in about two days - might be something to think about in the interests of saving time. While you are waiting for her forms to arrive you can be downloading the sponsors forms and filling them in at your end.

One other thing that held us up was getting copies of everything. Tell your mum you can get certified copies of birth certs etc from the UK gov registry office - these can be ordered online and also be delivered pronto on payment of a premium (not so much this time - about a tenner I think). Other hold up for us was the existence of a change of name by deed poll form to be certified and copied. Anything like this, we found the local law courts very helpful - just rocked up with the papers and the guy on the information got it stamped, signed and copied on the spot. Hope this helps. If you think about it the only time consuming bit is posting the forms from UK (I don't think faxes were accepted).

Have you looked at Alan Collet's advice on here? I've a feeling he said its possible to lodge the application in principle with the paperwork to follow ... but I'm not sure.

Oh, one last thing, my daughter transferred the money from inside Australia and we sent it on to her from here. Might be more straightforward. Oh and don't panic if you get no acknowledgement for a while - we heard after about six weeks, but didn't get a queue date for ages.

Good luck!

Thanks Fisher.

I feel so guilty that I can't be there to help her get all the paperwork together, but really need to push her to do it ASAP now. I'll pass on your advice and get all my paperwork sorted this end ready to go. It's weird you can't apply for this visa online like we did with ours.

So now we are panicking as looks like they are pulling the 103 visas.

I'll have been here two years in June and my mum was still just considering applying but now it looks like this might be her only chance to avoid paying the contributory visa costs.

As I'm rushing through trying to get everything in order, can I please check a few things with those in the know already?

She will be able to come to Australia on a tourist visa to see us for visits and return to the UK like she normally does once the application is lodged.

Once the checks come back to them ok they will ask me for the $5000 assurance of support bond, and once I pay it, they'll grant the visa.

Mum will have 12 months to come to australia and validate, then 5 years to come and go as she pleases, after which she'll need to apply for citizenship or a rrv to make another trip back to the UK.

Does this sound ok, or have I gone drastically wrong somewhere and picked up the completely wrong end of the stick?!

I would just like to add it might be worth considering using a courier for the documents due to the urgency as the post may not be completely reliable. We sent our stuff to our daughter via DHL - cost us about fifty quid and only took 2 days about 2 years ago - she then added her sponsor form and couriered the application to the Parent Visa Centre. I know it's extra money but might be worth it in the end for peace of mind.

Hi Daeria, if I was you I would use a Migrant Agent otherwise you will kick yourself if you forget something or don't get it done on time. It's quite a complicated and if you are having to rush the process you could make a costly mistake. Alan Collett from Go Matilda is very knowledgeable and offers good advice. I would choose him - it could save you a lot of money at the end of the day. Which ever way you choose Best Wishes

So now we are panicking as looks like they are pulling the 103 yvisas.http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/77756-brand-new-pio-parents-visa-thread-681.html#

As I'm rushing through trying to get everything in order, can I please check a few things with those in the know already

Hi Daeria, if I was you I would use a Migrant Agent otherwise you will kick yourself if you forget something or don't get it done on time. It's quite a complicated and if you are having to rush the process you could make a costly mistake. Alan Collett from Go Matilda is very knowledgeable and offers good advice. I would choose him - it could save you a lot of money at the end of the day. Which ever way you choose Best Wishes

Thank you, it's probably good advice but we're trying to save as much money as possible as weren't expecting to pay for the visa for quite a bit longer.