Guest guest36187

It was in Woolworths (Lake Haven) at the end of the Asian isle, but amongst other British stuff such as Colemans etc.

I have checked out Woolworths and Coles at Erina Fair on the Central Coast but with no luck!!:nah::nah:

Tuggerah next I guess!!!!

Guest sirmatt101
I’m now the proud owner of a jar of that great stuff Matt.

J

Theres nothing better than a satisfied customer :jimlad:

Enjoy

Matt

I have my CPV, hooray! But it did come at a cost that was quite high. If I cannot sell my property in the next 2 months, then I shall have to try letting it out.

My original plans have had to change, because I was assuming that I would not have any difficulty in selling. Living in limbo is very stressful and so I booked my flights and have decided that I shall leave the UK at the end of Oct, come what may. I shall not have the capital, so will try my hand at some housesitting initially. This will give me time and a chance to discover exactly where in WA I really want to live permanently. My daughter is keen for me to be near her in the northern Perth suburbs, but I know that I need to make my own life and friends. It will be a challenge, but one that I feel I can embrace.

The timescale that was quoted for issuing of the visa was much quicker than my agent had suggested initially, under 18months.

Good Luck to all those considering the move, I'm sure I have made the right decision for me.

I have my CPV, hooray! But it did come at a cost that was quite high. If I cannot sell my property in the next 2 months, then I shall have to try letting it out.

My original plans have had to change, because I was assuming that I would not have any difficulty in selling. Living in limbo is very stressful and so I booked my flights and have decided that I shall leave the UK at the end of Oct, come what may. I shall not have the capital, so will try my hand at some housesitting initially. This will give me time and a chance to discover exactly where in WA I really want to live permanently. My daughter is keen for me to be near her in the northern Perth suburbs, but I know that I need to make my own life and friends. It will be a challenge, but one that I feel I can embrace.

The timescale that was quoted for issuing of the visa was much quicker than my agent had suggested initially, under 18months.

Good Luck to all those considering the move, I'm sure I have made the right decision for me.

Best wishes-you are being very brave. I think a lot of us have had to change our plans but hey, its an adventure!!!

Fiz

Hi CONGRATULATIONS

Don't forget to look up the Perth Poms Forum. They will be an invaluable source of local knowledge in the Perth area. Our daughter and family are in ridgewood and currently trying to sell to move to Quinns rocks just down the road. Which district does your daughter live in.

We are hoping to move about November if the house sells.

Hope it all works out.

Well, quick update to all the well wishers.

They came:wub:, they saw:eek:, they left :wideeyed:, very difficult to judge. Waiting for feedback from the estate agents:arghh:. Just keep telling ourselves, it is posssible to sell to the fiirst to view, just hope it is our turn. In all the houses we have sold this has to be the most important and stressful just hope we did not overdo the:chatterbox:.

Wishing you the best of luck, my son and his wife did some house sitting when they went back to perth a couple of years ago ,they always had somewhere to stay and the demand for good housesitters seemed in demand so i don't see you having any trouble there. Hope the next few weeks arn't to stressful for you and i wish you all you hope for on your next adventure. Ann

I sympathise with you. It's very stressful when you are 'nearly' there and can't sell the house. We did the same, due to the birth of my first granddaughter- we decided that we wanted to be there with family and were going to rent our house out. Luckily we managed to sell at the last minute. I think it's wise to rent first and have a good luck round. The young ones have different requirements from us so you do need to try and make your own friends. And what suits them in area might not necessarily suit us.

My daughter and her family live in Quinns Rocks, so I know the area fairly well having visited several times. I stayed in WA for 3 months at the end of last year and into this year doing some voluntary work and travelling as well.

Well, quick update to all the well wishers.

They came:wub:, they saw:eek:, they left :wideeyed:, very difficult to judge. Waiting for feedback from the estate agents:arghh:. Just keep telling ourselves, it is posssible to sell to the fiirst to view, just hope it is our turn. In all the houses we have sold this has to be the most important and stressful just hope we did not overdo the:chatterbox:.

Some thoughts!!!

We sat with the same Estate Agents for 9 months with sporadic interest from people who in my opinion should not have been looking at the type of house that we had.!!

We changed agents and that worked wonders, different type of people and we had a firm offer in six weeks of the change of agency, with completion six weeks later, It is worth a thought!!!

If nothing else you will get a different perspective of your property from a different agent, what do you have to lose????

:idea::idea:

K&M

Some thoughts!!!

If nothing else you will get a different perspective of your property from a different agent, what do you have to lose????

K&M

We had a similar experience. Our first agent did very little until we gave them notice that we were ditching them for another. Surprise , surprise we suddendly saw some action and we sold within the week.

Keep them on their toes!

Charlie

Could you please give your time line on the tracker, or on this forum, so we can have some indications. Thank you.

the tracker seems quiet these days and it is not 11 months waiting anymore, anyone has any info regarding this, please

Some thoughts!!!

We sat with the same Estate Agents for 9 months with sporadic interest from people who in my opinion should not have been looking at the type of house that we had.!!

We changed agents and that worked wonders, different type of people and we had a firm offer in six weeks of the change of agency, with completion six weeks later, It is worth a thought!!!

:idea::idea:

K&M

Funny you should comment, we were looking at giving them the big E this weekend as we have been with them for 11 weeks and nothing. I think we will take encouragement from your comments and change if this couple do not put an offer in by the weekend. :unsure:

Our problem has not been with the agents (or our solicitor) - they have been good, giving us weekly updates and using their own 'sales progresser' - but with people lower down the chain who have been very slow.

(The chain has 'broken' twice - 3rd or bottom person) As our buyer was desperate to have our property (at a very good price) it made no sense for us to pull out and start again as we don't think we would have got anywhere near the price we've agreed on. We looked at other agents but the one we went with seemed to have lots of boards locally and fairly quick turn-over.

We're not out of the woods yet but we hope to exchange on 15th September.

Funny you should comment, we were looking at giving them the big E this weekend as we have been with them for 11 weeks and nothing. I think we will take encouragement from your comments and change if this couple do not put an offer in by the weekend. :unsure:

Good move!! I really hope all goes well, and get yourselves out here!!!

It has been 16 days since we arrived and I feel as though I have been here for years!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

K&M

Our problem has not been with the agents (or our solicitor) - they have been good, giving us weekly updates and using their own 'sales progresser' - but with people lower down the chain who have been very slow.

(The chain has 'broken' twice - 3rd or bottom person) As our buyer was desperate to have our property (at a very good price) it made no sense for us to pull out and start again as we don't think we would have got anywhere near the price we've agreed on. We looked at other agents but the one we went with seemed to have lots of boards locally and fairly quick turn-over.

We're not out of the woods yet but we hope to exchange on 15th September.

Good luck :biggrin:

G'Day all

Sue and I have for a number of years spent the southern summer Down Under. We've usually flown Qantas – partly on price grounds, partly because, once started, we began to build up a useful number Qantas FF points useful for a 7/10-day side-trip to NZ when a three-month visa was getting to an end. It also gave a useful variety of stopover breaks on the way – hate non-stop through travel – and we've had breaks in Singapore, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Tokyo. (BTW, we always tried to avoid code-share partner BA, except London–Tokyo, where there's no alternative, as in our experience Qantas in-flight service is better, if not brilliant.)

Anyhow, anyone else wondering about airline choices in general, and Qantas in particular, might find this article on the Crikey news-blog site interesting…

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2011/08/27/qantas-spends-big-on-self-denigration/

Mike

The only problem is the contract you signed with the estate agency, mine is for sole agency for 16 weeks and there are conditions to break this contract before the 16 weeks are up. Been with mine 10 weeks tomorrow and had a few viewings but no offers.

In the middle of Sept a local agency is taking part in the National Open House Weekend, something I have not heard of before but similar to what they do in Oz, where potential buyers are given a list of properties that are open for viewing on the weekend and sellers open their doors to them to view. I wondered if it would be worth trying.

We only signed for the minimum 6 weeks for sole agency - got the offer in 4!

Another well-known agent here regularly does 'open days' but they are a bit hit and miss on the houses near us who tried them. 1 had very few 'hits' the other had a stream of viewers and did get an offer but it fell through soon after and they are still waiting some 8 weeks later.

The only problem is the contract you signed with the estate agency, mine is for sole agency for 16 weeks and there are conditions to break this contract before the 16 weeks are up. Been with mine 10 weeks tomorrow and had a few viewings but no offers.

We are tied in for 13 weeks, so with the two weeks notice we will be beyond that. Still no news from the viewing, shame some people do not want to do the right thing.

Anyway decision at the weekend one way or the other.

regards