Guest guest36187

Can't believe how some people behave. They don't seem to realise what stress and anxiety they cause us! Getting the Visa was hard enough on the nerves but house selling is the pits!

Hope things improve for you soon (and everyone else waiting to sell before they go). We've had a real rollercoater ride too but crossing fingers that the promised exchange goes though as planned on 15th September.

Keys handed back to rental agent, bed sold on eBay and collected, family deportation barbecue over, only 4 days till I fly.............

I'm currently about 8 kgs over with my luggage and can't quite see how to resolve it though I did wonder if I should just wear loads of extra clothes at check in and then put them in my hand luggage when I get to the departure lounge.............

Any better ideas?

Fiz

Sounds like a good plan Fiz.

As long as your carry on case will be big enough to hold the extra clothes! and you won't need access to the case during the flight.

Doing battle with a full case in the aisle is never a good idea????

Those 4 days will fly by and drag............at the same time, if you know what I mean.

I'm very envious of you!

59days till we leave for our visit, sadly we have to come back.

All the best to you.

Pam

Hi everyone. It's interesting reading all the posts from those who have just made the move or are about to. We are still a long way off and busy preparing. We are looking at bank account options and thought of opening up a Bank account with HSBC here in the UK as they have worldwide branches. It seems a fairly staightforward way of transferring money over to Oz to fund the 2nd visa payment unless, of course, you have to be in Australia to valid the account there before you can make a payment out. Has anyone else gone down this route? thanks, Angie and Ted

Hi all :-))) can anyone advice please we have applied for our visa s in may 2011 sponsored 176 by my brother..I am one of 8 children my mom passed away in oct 2004, the question i want to ask is can my dad apply to be with us in Oz when we go he married my mom years later only having 6 children of his own? ..this would mean when we go he would have 3 children in Australia...My sister and Brother live in Queensland any help would be gratefull many thanks wendy xxx

Hi everyone. It's interesting reading all the posts from those who have just made the move or are about to. We are still a long way off and busy preparing. We are looking at bank account options and thought of opening up a Bank account with HSBC here in the UK as they have worldwide branches. It seems a fairly staightforward way of transferring money over to Oz to fund the 2nd visa payment unless, of course, you have to be in Australia to valid the account there before you can make a payment out. Has anyone else gone down this route? thanks, Angie and Ted

We also opened an account with HSBC many years ago in Perth because it was a global bank - but it's a bit misleading. The Australian HSBC has very different systems, and feels like a small organisation out here. There are very few branches in Australia (see http://www.hsbc.com.au/1/2/misc/locations). Our HSBC account is now inactive and we do all our banking with Westpac.

We also experienced a challenge paying the final visa fee, having moved it in dollars to HSBC Australia first. In the end, after first setting up the fax indemnity and then two faxes (the first got lost), they would only send a bank draft to our home address, not to DIAC directly. So it came to England and then we couriered it back to Perth.

So be aware, though if it is more convenient it's still an option; HSBC is a solid bank, we've been with them in the UK for decades. I would however avoid buying foreign currency via any high street bank.

All the best

Steve

Hi all :-))) can anyone advice please we have applied for our visa s in may 2011 sponsored 176 by my brother..I am one of 8 children my mom passed away in oct 2004, the question i want to ask is can my dad apply to be with us in Oz when we go he married my mom years later only having 6 children of his own? ..this would mean when we go he would have 3 children in Australia...My sister and Brother live in Queensland any help would be gratefull many thanks wendy xxx

Best to check with the rules Wendy

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/balance-family.htm

Note the points about step children etc.

Good luck

Steve

I stil have a long way to go but I am dreading saying goodbye to family and friends. I appreciate people writing about their move. Now I know what to expect - hopefully it wont be such a shock and even if it is I know I am not alone

Thanks Moira

You'll be fine Moira - they say the first 10 years are the worst.

Seriously though, it can be a wrench when there are so many connections, especially as we get older. Once here, it's best to get fully immersed into day to day life (Vegemite excluded). We still have a daughter in the UK so we can't fully let go - don't want to actually - and will probably aim for dual citizenship. We can't know what we will feel like in 10 years' time, so it's a good option to have.

Best wishes

Steve

Best to check with the rules Wendy

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/balance-family.htm

Note the points about step children etc.

Good luck

Steve

I seem to recall that Gollywobbler's mum had this same issue with step children but it was resolved in her favour and she is now happily settled here in Perth. I don't know any more of the details than that. Anyone know where Gollywobbler has gone? She would be the most perfect person to answer this query with her expertise.

Cath

I seem to recall that Gollywobbler's mum had this same issue with step children but it was resolved in her favour and she is now happily settled here in Perth. I don't know any more of the details than that. Anyone know where Gollywobbler has gone? She would be the most perfect person to answer this query with her expertise.

Cath

Found her on another site, still chattering away helpfully - there are so many of these expat forums around, just don't have the time to get involved in them all!

Guest spursno1

Hi Brummiebabies reading your message re banks .We opened an account with ANZ bank whilst in Perth and they have some banks in England so you should be able to open your banking with them and your account would be operative in oz therefore transferring money would be easy

I would add you might get better rates by sending your money via someone like TORFEX good luck

Hi all, im now busy in preparing all my documents so I can apply for 143 before this month end(I hope) Im so thankful to all of you, its so encouraging and Im sure it will help me to go thru this journey with smile...will update you all after filing.

Hi all, im now busy in preparing all my documents so I can apply for 143 before this month end(I hope) Im so thankful to all of you, its so encouraging and Im sure it will help me to go thru this journey with smile...will update you all after filing.

Hi, good luck with everything it is quiet a journey but worth it in the end.

Cheers Mike.

Hi, good luck with everything it is quiet a journey but worth it in the end.

Cheers Mike.

thanks mike. Yes, I agree it will be quiet a journey.im reading again and again the parents migration booklet plus checking the immigration site to getting familiar with Aos and other details. I feel Im studying these things like a student appearing for a exam. still lot of doubts and anxieties. But reading these forum tips/suggestions really keeps me calm and focused. Thanks for all for contributing your wisdom.experiences. its a great help.

Hi, good luck with the application, you will just be behind me in the queue waiting for a CO, i find i keep checking the tracker for progress on everone waiting for a co in the hope it's getting quicker. It's a mindful of information on here and like you am so grateful, i have a little notebook and jot down useful info i read on here, also recommenations of companies people are using , all the best Ann ( Gilly, on the tracker )

Good luck - it will be worth it in the end and this forum really helps to pass the time as well as being full of helpful advice!

Guest omparkash gill

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have read many replies sent by Mr.Gill which are very useful for all category in parent visa.Please tell me up to which year parent visa subclass 103 has been granted so far. In the program year 2010-2011 1000 places are in parent visa 700 to parent visa subclass 103 and 300 to aged parent visa subclass 804 and in the program year 2011-2012 2000 places are parent visa 1400 to parent visa subclass 103 and 600 to aged parent visa let me why in program year 2010.2011 not as per program year 2011-2012

In my view Aged parent subclass 804 visa is the best and cheap visa for the parent 65 or more onshore. Once the visa granted the parent can live in Australia till the decision not made for grant of visa,Bridging Visa granted to such parent.My question is will the queue date of the parent who has queue date in parent visa subclass 103 will remain the same or it will change.they have to deposit new fee charges or not.Which parent granted bridging visa when they go on Visiter Visa

The parent in subclass 103 with queue date 18.01.2007 when they should expect for the grant of visa

The applicants in all categories of visas are very grate full to the Government of Australia for increasing the number of places from 700 to 1400 in parent visa subclass 103 and from 300 to 600 in subclass 804l

ALL APPLICANT STANDING IN QUEUE VISA SUBCLASS 103 AND AGED VISA SUBCLASS 804 ARE REQUESTING THE HONORABLE GOVERNMENT OF AUSTRALIA AND HONORABLE PRIME MINISTER AND IMMIGRATION MINISTER TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF PLACES SO THE PARENT CAN GO AND LIVE IN AUSTRALIA WITH THEIR CHILDREN AND FAMILY

I hope the reply of all the messages will be send to the mark as we are the members of nice and good forum