Guest guest36187

The parent in subclass 103 with queue date 18.01.2007 when they should expect for the grant of visa

If you put in the queue dateI believe you can use the queue calculator on the DIAC website to work out when the visa might be granted.

Here's the link to the relevant page:

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/parent-visa-processing-priorities.htm

Guest LincolnshirePoacher
Well that’s one way to pad out the Contributory Parent Visa thread I suppose.

:confused:

Agreed! I'm just getting my papers together for a CPV and have found this thread very helpful, but there's a lot of old blarny here too. I agree with sandch that we should stay on topic if possible, so, could all those obsessed with Vegemite and other similar products post elsewhere? Surely a lot less relevant than Mr Gill's postings.

I'll try and set up a new thread called 'Vegemite' under the Chewing the Fat forum so you can discuss it to your heart's content. Thanks!

Agreed! I'm just getting my papers together for a CPV and have found this thread very helpful, but there's a lot of old blarny here too. I agree with sandch that we should stay on topic if possible, so, could all those obsessed with Vegemite and other similar products post elsewhere? Surely a lot less relevant than Mr Gill's postings.

I'll try and set up a new thread called 'Vegemite' under the Chewing the Fat forum so you can discuss it to your heart's content. Thanks!

Relax!

Oh dear, they're not going to like this! Some people have a strange obsession with discussing this vile stuff, good luck with the other thread.

Well done! You should get a lot of very interested people using that one, new forum user.

And thanks for reminding me, I can't remember if I mentioned, I did manage to get My Mate at Coles eventually? Perhaps I did.

Any unrecorded progress on the CPV tracker out there folks? Seems to have been a quiet August, understandably.

Well done! You should get a lot of very interested people using that one, new forum user.

And thanks for reminding me, I can't remember if I mentioned, I did manage to get My Mate at Coles eventually? Perhaps I did.

Any unrecorded progress on the CPV tracker out there folks? Seems to have been a quiet August, understandably.

Good, let's get back on track; last CO notified after 380 days, the previous one 346, so its around 12-13 months at the moment.

Hya, we had our 173 app accepted Oct 2010, so hoping we get our CO at the end of this year, and then visa's next May. It takes such a long time and we are getting a bit fed up. The Grandchildren are growing up so fast, skype is good but its not the same as being there. We still have to sell our house too. But its good to know that the system works, as you got your visa's.

Thanks

Ann and Roy

Hi

Welcome to the free thinking free talking forum for those on the long and difficult journey to obtaining a parernts visa to Australia. Over time we have become a bit of a community and like all communities you go off on tangents at different times. Do you only ever talk about the journey when travelling with your better half. How boring. If you do not like the forum please go and join the one that died because people only wanted to discuss "factual issues" on the visa process. Many of us posting have already got visas and are here to help others with the journey.

We could easily go elsewhere then where would you get your information.

Sorry for the rant but we lost one good thread through meddling by "moderators".

Hya, we had our 173 app accepted Oct 2010, so hoping we get our CO at the end of this year, and then visa's next May. It takes such a long time and we are getting a bit fed up. The Grandchildren are growing up so fast, skype is good but its not the same as being there. We still have to sell our house too. But its good to know that the system works, as you got your visa's.

Thanks

Ann and Roy

Hi Ann and Roy

Do not despair, things will move along much quicker than you think. Once you have your CO your visa could be granted very quickly if you pre-empt the date by getting medicals and police checks done near to the time you think you will have a CO.

Good Luck with the journey. Not checked but guessing you are on the tracker?

regards

Hi

Welcome to the free thinking free talking forum for those on the long and difficult journey to obtaining a parernts visa to Australia. Over time we have become a bit of a community and like all communities you go off on tangents at different times. Do you only ever talk about the journey when travelling with your better half. How boring. If you do not like the forum please go and join the one that died because people only wanted to discuss "factual issues" on the visa process. Many of us posting have already got visas and are here to help others with the journey.

Sorry for the rant but we lost one good thread through meddling by "moderators".

Well said.

Charlie

:wink:

Hi

Thank goodness; there is human life in the forum yet. A very appropriate rant if I may say so.

Thanks

Ann and Roy

Hang on in there Ann and Roy. You get there eventually, perhaps only a couple of months or so to CO? When we look back it seems to have gone quickly.

I also agree Skype is good, great in fact, a really positive product of the information technology era (there are lots of negatives!). Not long ago we'd have had to put up with bad, and very expensive, phone lines. It's a real luxury to be able to see our other daughter regularly.

Cheers

Steve

Hi

Well said, you have my full support!!! The variation on this site is what makes it a pleasure and sometimes a damn good laugh to follow and what makes you log into everyday where ever you are, and how far down the process you are, or how for long you have had your visa!!!

Please Lincolnshire Poacher leave things as they are, if you are not happy with the tone of this forum may I strongly suggest you move to the BE one.

K&M

May I say that we have found this thread invaluable, in particular for information regarding the visa itself of course, but also there are lots of other issues relating to your move to Australia where advice from posters on here has been extremely useful. It would be a pity if the thread were limited to visa queries only as has happened elsewhere.

In addition we have found that the humour generated by the members of this forum have kept us going, especially during the time just before and after visa grant which can be very stressful. We also need to remember that people post on here voluntarily to help others out and especially Sandch who set up the tracker which has been so useful to us all. There are lots of people on here who already have their visas but still post useful information. Let's not spoil it.

Guest The Pom Queen

and may I add it wasn't the moderators on here.:wink:

I am sorry but this is a thread for people going through or who have been through the parent visa process, it does NOT state that all they can talk about is visas. The people on this thread have formed their own community and have offered some excellent advice along the way. "Lincolnshire Poacher" I see you have a duplicate account on the forum please could you contact admin and let us know which you would like deleting.:notworthy:

Guest The Pom Queen
I seem to recall that Gollywobbler's mum had this same issue with step children but it was resolved in her favour and she is now happily settled here in Perth. I don't know any more of the details than that. Anyone know where Gollywobbler has gone? She would be the most perfect person to answer this query with her expertise.

Cath

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/adelaide-migration-issues/4509-cheap-parent-visas-part-i.html

and may I add it wasn't the moderators on here........

Thank you very much for that.

It always surprises me how easily people get confused distinguishing between chat forums and authoritative reference works, but it continues to happen.

I’ve always drawn comfort from of the personal interaction on this forum, support, a lot of support, informal guidance, a good deal of light-hearted chatter. Some people have had bad experiences in the CPV process, illness and rejection, even death in the family, and they’ve found comfort here; they weren’t admonished and sent off to set up a “comfort” thread. And it’s been good to see moderators that understand that, in the background to help if needed but not disrupting.

Keep up the good work!

Not long ago we'd have had to put up with bad, and very expensive, phone lines.

Steve

Ah yes, I remember it well... Queuing at the GPO in Martin Place in 1965 to make a call to my parents back in the UK, at a cost of £1 a minute! (Oz hadn't even gone in for "dismal guernsey" yet.)

(And now most of the GPO building is a shopping centre.)

Cue nostalgic music!

Mike

PS: If you don't understand "dismal…", take a look at (if you can find a copy) Let Stalk Strine.

Ah yes, I remember it well... Queuing at the GPO in Martin Place in 1965 to make a call to my parents back in the UK, at a cost of £1 a minute! (Oz hadn't even gone in for "dismal guernsey" yet.)

(And now most of the GPO building is a shopping centre.)

Cue nostalgic music!

Mike

PS: If you don't understand "dismal…", take a look at (if you can find a copy) Let Stalk Strine.

Nah hadn't heard of that one but now absolutely have to get it.

Dismal guernsey indeed - had to look it up!

:biglaugh:

Not sure this is a good time to ask about my electric toothbrush plug, but in for a penny in for a pound. When in Melbourne (and i am going out for xmas) I cannot find an adaptor that my electric toothbrush will fit into. Has anyone else come across this? and better still has anyone found a solution?

Love the site as much for the support as the info

Moira