Guest guest36187

A couple of years ago according to Peter Dutton, there were only about 3000 410 visa holders still in Oz and about 300 405 visa holders.
Even out of the small 30 couples group we are part of since then, at least 5 couples have left Oz as they couldn't afford to stay, quite a few don't want PR as they think they will have to pay more tax. Others won't be able to afford it.
Another point is that many are in their late 70's and 80's, so if on the 410 visa their visas are for 10 years renewable they have to weigh up if it's worth paying the $100,000. 
No one knows the details or numbers yet, so best to wait to find out the details.

I agree with what you say Ramot, I think it will be a small percentage. Also for the South African farmers, it will be a small percentage. I'm just at a loss why these small percentages are taken from parent visas.

We received an acknowledgment email from the PCV Team saying they’ve received all our required information and will be allocating  a CO to us soon. Is this the standard procedure and if so when are we likely to hear from them for the 2nd vac request 

17 minutes ago, bridgie said:

I agree with what you say Ramot, I think it will be a small percentage. Also for the South African farmers, it will be a small percentage. I'm just at a loss why these small percentages are taken from parent visas.

Add to my numbers 2 couples including us have applied for the 864 visa.

It was pretty obvious that should the people on the retirement visas ever be offered PR it would be on similar conditions cost wise to the parent visa, as similar in age. So whether it's fair or not it does make sense.

“Also for the South African farmers, it will be a small percentage. I'm just at a loss why these small percentages are taken from parent visas.”

According to some Australian news sites Peter Dutton is considering about 10,000 South African farmers so not exactly a small percentage!  Sorry can’t find the link to Confirm this - will have a look later. 

12 minutes ago, Agam said:

When did u apply 173 ?? My acknowledgment date is 23 rd April visa 173

Nov2015 u didnot got visa yet???? u ll recieve in these days i think dont kno where immigration is wandering in winters

“Also for the South African farmers, it will be a small percentage. I'm just at a loss why these small percentages are taken from parent visas.”

According to some Australian news sites Peter Dutton is considering about 10,000 South African farmers so not exactly a small percentage!  Sorry can’t find the link to Confirm this - will have a look later. 

I read it in the daily mail....in colour[emoji3][emoji3]..... But of course whether this is all next year or over 10 years or a ceiling figure who knows. Personally I would give a place up for these people.

2 hours ago, ramot said:

It was pretty obvious that should the people on the retirement visas ever be offered PR it would be on similar conditions cost wise to the parent visa, as similar in age. So whether it's fair or not it does make sense.

Agree that 410 and 405s should have an opportunity to gain PR status. But whats it got to do with parent visas, or any family visa? Why not take places from other investment visa streams?

Same with SA farmers, it's nothing to do with parent visa places. Peter Dutton, being a farmer himself, is right to expedite these visas, and it would be good for rural Australia too. But this has nothing to do with parent visas.

And if the numbers are only small, why not just create new places?

Peter Dutton may have conceded on the AoS, but I guess he knows more than one way to skin a cat.

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Wow!  I'm so pleased for everybody who was in line for the shocking AoS earnings increase. A lot of you will sleep a lot easier tonight.   

Thanks Catlady2014 at last my husband is smiling again ? and my daughter doesn’t dread answering the FaceTime! We can start planning again and abandon plan B! ?

• Like 5

It would be better to create humanitarian visas for South African farmers as I suspect it’s a way of reducing the availability of parent visas!!

By the way if the AOS bill has been scrapped for income increases  does that also mean the bond payable won’t increase to $15000 next year? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Very well done - and many congratulations - to all who wrote to Senators and local MPs about the retrospective change to the AoS requirements that were announced immediately after Easter.

The announcement through SBS News today is great news for those who would otherwise have not been able to get over the line.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Very well done - and many congratulations - to all who wrote to Senators and local MPs about the retrospective change to the AoS requirements that were announced immediately after Easter.

The announcement through SBS News today is great news for those who would otherwise have not been able to get over the line.

Onwards and upwards!

Was good to see a couple of senators names that I had sent emails to. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Merryweather said:

Morning All!

Thanks CAT LADY and SEAMUS for your comments and replies. Four months, Cat Lady! How frustrating! Hope the wait was worth it?

SEAMUS - good luck with your application. One question: How do you know they are 'finalising' apps up to end of April?? In the test email it only tells you the lodgement date of apps they are 'assessing' not 'finalising'.

Cheers

Yes you are true, they now use 'assessing' rather than 'finalising' in the auto reply email.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ramot said:

Hi Ramot, My wife and I are on 405 visa's since August 2014 and this will expire end of July 2018. We have a valid 864 application from 22/12/2016.

My question is regarding this new announcement does this change anything for us i.e. will immigration do anything on this, do we need to do anything?

Processing times for 864 times appear to have stalled again and my concern is will we be allocated a case officer before our current 405 visa expires

and we have to apply for bridging B visa. I understand you like me may not know the answers to this but just hoping someone may have some information.

4 hours ago, Bhoys said:

Hi Ramot, My wife and I are on 405 visa's since August 2014 and this will expire end of July 2018. We have a valid 864 application from 22/12/2016.

My question is regarding this new announcement does this change anything for us i.e. will immigration do anything on this, do we need to do anything?

Processing times for 864 times appear to have stalled again and my concern is will we be allocated a case officer before our current 405 visa expires

and we have to apply for bridging B visa. I understand you like me may not know the answers to this but just hoping someone may have some information.

Sorry really can't help with the 405 visa, but I asked Allen Collett if the 864 doesn't come through in time, would there be a problem renewing our 410 visa. He replied that we should renew to cover ourselves.

There seems a total lack of movement on the 864 visa, 6 weeks since Sept 2016. Not sure how I will feel if 410/405 applicants get visas before us!?

I would ask Allan for advice if you should renew( an expensive option on your visa) or would you go on a bridging visa perhaps. Not an easy decision. 

Edited by ramot

29 minutes ago, LBee said:

General question - Having applied for the CPV 143, when I visit Australia now do I just get the normal holiday visa or do I have to advise someone/department that I have a CVP143 lodged.

According to me you can just apply normal visa it might have question related like have you applied any another visa where you can put these details.

Clients considering withdrawing their visa application because of the changes to AoS requirements should note that:

·         Once an application is withdrawn, it cannot be reactivated. If a visa applicant wishes to resume a Parent visa application, they will need to lodge a new application, pay a new visa application charge and then they will be assessed and receive a new queue date.

·         Any request for a refund based on the changes to the legislation will be considered on their own merit in line with the legislation and policy governing refunds. Clients who change their mind about pursuing an application and choose to withdraw are generally not eligible for a refund.

·         Should additional changes be made to the AoS income requirement in the future, the Department of Human Services may notify affected AoS applicants.

i hope no one withdrew there application :(