Guest guest36187

Congratulations Summerdaisy - thats wonderful news.

I have had my case officer since 5 Oct and still now news on my medicals. My son spoke to her yesterday but she said she would give another extension and that medicals can take some time. How can it be so different for people? Still a game in patience.

Best wishes Moira

Hi All, great news got my CO today and request for Final VAC all in one go, delighted. Flight booked for 13th January, bit on the expensive side cos of the time of year, but worth it!!! End of this long long journey in sight. Am opening the wine as I type. :biggrin: This smiley is especially for Gilly- a great friend for the last few months.

So thrilled for you.....live the dream :smile:

Phoebe

I have had my case officer since 5 Oct and still now news on my medicals. My son spoke to her yesterday but she said she would give another extension and that medicals can take some time. How can it be so different for people? Still a game in patience.

Best wishes Moira

Hi Moira, a bit confused here, I got the request for my medicals and Garda Clearance (I'm a blow in here) I'm Irish back in April and sent them off straight away. The medical was straight forward done in one day and sent off the next week. I got the request a bit too soon, but from what I gather the norm is 4 months before appointment of a CO.

Hope it all goes well for you, Fran.

Hi Moira, a bit confused here, I got the request for my medicals and Garda Clearance (I'm a blow in here) I'm Irish back in April and sent them off straight away. The medical was straight forward done in one day and sent off the next week. I got the request a bit too soon, but from what I gather the norm is 4 months before appointment of a CO.

Yes it is confusing. I tried to get my medicals done before I had my case officer but the 2 clinics in London would not do it without the HAP number. So I had to wait until I had my case officer. She has told me that the medicals are sent to Sydney so she has no idea what is happening. Maybe its because I did my application on paper, maybe if I had emailed it in it would have been different, although I cant see how.

Anyway - it has to happen in the end

Moira

Sorry to hear about all the waiting your having Moira:sad: Sure it will all come together soon for you.

We had the same situation has Fran, we were asked months ahead and found emailing all information so much faster and easier.

Steph and Sue

Best wishes Moira

Helo Moira, I have had to have one extension from my CO so far, my sons taxes took weeks with his accountant and went to the tax office which fortunately only took just over 2 weeks, but i ran out of time for my AOS to be completed so have until 1st Dec for this to be done, the problem my son had last week was trying to get through to centrelink they kept putting him in a queue for 40 mins or more then the call gets cut off, finally after trying all day on Thurs he finally got to speak to someone and got as far as giving his name and the call got cut off again, i have asked him to go in person to make the appointment as i think it will be quicker if he can get away from work. I wil have to ask my CO for another extension as i can't see this being done by next week. The stress being on these time limits is awful, had to go my gp couple of months ago with terrible anxiety and she gave me Beta Blockers which were great, this Centrelink is just awful they should have enough staff to cope with the volume of calls. Chin up moira i know how you feel with the frustration of being held up, even worse when it's out of your conrol. Thinking of you. Ann

Helo Moira, I have had to have one extension from my CO so far, my sons taxes took weeks with his accountant and went to the tax office which fortunately only took just over 2 weeks, but i ran out of time for my AOS to be completed so have until 1st Dec for this to be done, the problem my son had last week was trying to get through to centrelink they kept putting him in a queue for 40 mins or more then the call gets cut off......... they should have enough staff to cope with the volume of calls. Chin up moira i know how you feel with the frustration of being held up, even worse when it's out of your conrol. Thinking of you. Ann

Now that my daughter had PR they get a little help from Centrelink she says ringing is always a nightmare :swoon:

Phoebe

Now that my daughter had PR they get a little help from Centrelink she says ringing is always a nightmare :swoon:

Phoebe

I think he will have to go in person phoebe as trying to phone them is useless, only have a week left to my CO's deadline on 1st Dec so i think i will be asking for another extension at this rate, been a right nightmare these last few months waiting on my sons tax to be done for this AOS honest you get to the last leg and one thing goes wrong which holds everything up by weeks, so very frustrating. Early this year i had a lumpectomy which was benign thank goodness so in the grand scheme of things this is a small set back and i should remember to think myself very lucky. Hope all goes well with you phoebe with your next application. This is also my second attempt at this visa.Ann. :eek:

I think he will have to go in person phoebe as trying to phone them is useless, only have a week left to my CO's deadline on 1st Dec so i think i will be asking for another extension at this rate, been a right nightmare these last few months waiting on my sons tax to be done for this AOS honest you get to the last leg and one thing goes wrong which holds everything up by weeks, so very frustrating. Early this year i had a lumpectomy which was benign thank goodness so in the grand scheme of things this is a small set back and i should remember to think myself very lucky. Hope all goes well with you phoebe with your next application. This is also my second attempt at this visa.Ann. :eek:

So glad all is well with you now (hubby and I are still in limbo for now :err:

I agree a visit is the only way to go with Centrelink.......I'll have to remember that for when my turn comes :wink:

Stay positive you WILL get there :cute:

Phoebe

Hi All, great news got my CO today and request for Final VAC all in one go, delighted. Flight booked for 13th January, bit on the expensive side cos of the time of year, but worth it!!! End of this long long journey in sight. Am opening the wine as I type. :biggrin: This smiley is especially for Gilly- a great friend for the last few months.

Congratulations! That's great news - so pleased for you.

Angie x

Just want to say hi to Phoebe. I notice you are unfailingly happy for everyone else, while still 'in limbo' yourself. I'm sure everyone is hoping the very best for you and that YOU will get there in the end.

Kath

Aww thanks Kath that's really nice of you :wubclub:

The 'limbo' part is still the health scares but on a more positive note hubby is coming round bit by bit, even more so with this lousy weather we are having :wink:

I am so happy for anyone who had/is going through the process....it's not easy :no: and I'm sure the lovely people on here will be the first to wish us luck when/if we can finally apply again :yes:

The truth is I really do it because I love using the smilies :biglaugh:

Phoebe

A quick update on the earlier parent tourist visa announcement

The Longer tourist Visas for parents of Australians came into effect on the 24th November.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/whats-new.htm

It comes under the Tourist Visa subclass 676

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/

Parents of Australian permanent residents or Australian citizens (must apply from outside Australia):

• Parents in the subclass 103 visa queue - up to 5 years validity, allowing stays of up to 12 months on each entry
  • Not in Parent Visa queue - Tourist visa of up to 3 years validity, allowing stays of up to 12 months on each entry..

There are requirements including:

• health insurance to cover healthcare costs during the stay
  • Parents granted Tourist visas are expected to maintain extended periods of absence between visits to Australia. They are not expected to stay in Australia for more than 12 months in any 18 month period.

Tee

[h=2][/h]

• Like 1

A quick update on the earlier parent tourist visa announcement

The Longer tourist Visas for parents of Australians came into effect on the 24th November.

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/whats-new.htm

It comes under the Tourist Visa subclass 676

http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/

Parents of Australian permanent residents or Australian citizens (must apply from outside Australia):

• Parents in the subclass 103 visa queue - up to 5 years validity, allowing stays of up to 12 months on each entry

• Not in Parent Visa queue - Tourist visa of up to 3 years validity, allowing stays of up to 12 months on each entry..

There are requirements including:

• health insurance to cover healthcare costs during the stay

• Parents granted Tourist visas are expected to maintain extended periods of absence between visits to Australia. They are not expected to stay in Australia for more than 12 months in any 18 month period.

Tee

So does this mean it dosent apply to people who have applied for CPV173/143?!!

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe

That was what was on the DIAC web site. I have been trying to get onto the site which details the actual wording and policy relating to the legislation - but the site appears to be down with a network error.

Once I can get on I will take a look at the wording

Tee

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a reluctant OH. I didnt want to push but our recent holiday seemed to go a long way to convincing - particularly coming back to this!! I like the smiley faces too :xmas12:

Oh no you`re not the only one trying to convince the OH....im trying to book next years holiday to Oz for another trip of convincing !! taking my son this time too...try to convince him also...arghhhh!!! Best of luck.

tab xx