SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I would be eligible for the 100 so just the 309...

In order to obtain a permanent job with my employer i need permanent working rights. even though I have a temporary visa, do you think I will have permanent working rights then?

There is nothing 'permanent', its work rights. Its not the PR part gives you different working rights to the temp visa. Its the same thing. When you gain your PR the work rights won't suddenly change or anything. The 309 is a temp visa, some employers don't like the temp part, even though providing when the 2 year mark comes round and you are still a couple the PR stage is a formality and nothing changes. Work rights are the same on both though.

What this visa lets you do

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) lets you:

• enter Australia and stay here until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa

• work in Australia

• study in Australia, but with no access to government funding

• enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses.

Edited by Guest
eta

There is nothing 'permanent', its work rights. Its not the PR part gives you different working rights to the temp visa. Its the same thing. When you gain your PR the work rights won't suddenly change or anything. The 309 is a temp visa, some employers don't like the temp part, even though providing when the 2 year mark comes round and you are still a couple the PR stage is a formality and nothing changes. Work rights are the same on both though.

Thanks Snifter, I read that this morning too. Hopefully my employer allows me to get a permanent job then. I assumed it might have said something different as the visa is only temporary. I do wonder what it says on the grant letter though about working rights, does it define it more there?

What this visa lets you do

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) lets you:

• enter Australia and stay here until a decision is made about your permanent Partner visa

• work in Australia

• study in Australia, but with no access to government funding

• enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses.

Thanks Snifter,

I too read this earlier.

I wonder whether the grant letter says anything more about working rights than this information?

Thanks Snifter,

I too read this earlier.

I wonder whether the grant letter says anything more about working rights than this information?

I doubt it. Mine didn't. You get the visa grant notice and it just refers you to the Gov website for more info on the conditions in the blurb.

I don't know what more you need tbh. You get work rights, same as everyone else. You can work. You can get a TFN. Your visa or work rights won't end at the end of two years, you get to carry on as you are and just go onto applying for the PR stage and a bit of paperwork and a wait for it to come through (providing you are still a couple and all that). Nothing changes unless you are no longer a couple.

Ah well you know what the government is like hey, they like it all firmed up in writing that I have permanent working rights, which I doubt think im gonna be able to get in writing from them ha ha!

Ah, if its a Government post, you may be required to have PR or be a citizen then.

Ah well you know what the government is like hey, they like it all firmed up in writing that I have permanent working rights, which I doubt think im gonna be able to get in writing from them ha ha!

Depends which government office/department you want to work in. Federal will usually require citizenship. State governments vary, some will allow temp jobs on temp spouse but need PR for perm jobs. Some local governments just don't care as long as you aren't overstaying and/or working illegally.

You'd need to check with the individual department/council.

Nice one one keep me in oz, being waiting so long and patience too, 3 day hols it is then where you going to go NZ Bali ?.

Woop woop! Got my request to depart Australia! I uploaded my police check about two hours before and then bam! There it is!

I have 28 days to confirm my departure from Australia and until 26 May 2016 as my first date of entry! ( this is exactky a year from the date of my earliest police clearance)

its time for a holiday then! Woop woop!

My Visa Grant is scheduled for 7 March, at which point I will be in Bali! I am super excited and cant wait for a holiday and to come home with a visa! yay!

Thanks for all your advice on the job front... I will just hold out hope that MRT goes in my favour and I then should have PR as the two yeas would have lapsed.

Hi Keep me in oz,

Just wondering what you mean by your visa is ready to grant? Applied for mine just 20 days after yours. My fiancee has been 'approved' on immi, and my police checks and medicals are all done! :)

Looks like the processing times are not as long as advised? Hoping that is just a cushion for the departments and I will hear soon.

@Keep me in oz

10 Years ago I worked for the government on a defacto. I wasn't yet a perm resident and they employed me on my temp visa 2 years before I was due to get perm. Not sure if this is still the case!

As above, depends on the definition of government - local, State or Federal, and if its State, then which State - they all have slightly different rules,

In Queensland for example one can work for the State Govt on a temporary visa - but only in a temporary job. To take a permanent job you need PR.

Hi all , I've got two Australian citizens filling in forms 888. Is there a form for British family and friends or can they just write statements . Thanks for any help

Two stat decs from Aus citizens are all that are required iirc.

Personally, I'd not submit statements from UK people if you've 2 Aussie stat decs and all the other supporting evidence required.

Thanks snifter, we have been together 15 years and married for 10 of them. I think that we have loads of evidence. Start to second guess yourself when you read through evidence requirements .

I think you'll be fine with 2 then :) I'd honestly not send in masses of excess stuff if its not required.

We sent a couple of statements from British friends more for the social aspect of the evidence as we hadn't kept many things like wedding invites and also 1 couple could attest to when we met travelling etc as they were with me and also that the relationship had carried on in the UK.They were able to say They'd invited us to their wedding years ago and that they'd been up to visit us last summer etc so they were the best people really to be witness to our entire span of our relationship.

But if you've got enough other 'bumf' then don't worry about British stat decs.

Edited by Bound4Tassie

Hey all,

Any advice on doing the whole 'leave the country in order for the offshore visa app to be granted' bit will be welcome about now! It's approaching the 6 month mark for us and so we want to start planning a trip overseas so that we can be prepared... Has anyone had the experience of being in Aus and having to leave to get the grant? Do they communicate far in advance of the grant being ready? Do they give you a certain time frame to be out of Aus by? How long does it generally take to come through once you leave? All that kind of stuff would be awesome to know!

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by AusCitizen