SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Well I never!!!!!!! Thanks you guys!!! I just checked the emails from 30 December and THERE'S TWO!!!!! We don't use that email address, and after we got the grant, I was so excited, I never checked it again, but there it is, the 100 about 2 minute after the first one!!!!

(So what does that give us that we didn't have before?!!)

Thanks again to this forum for making me go and double check...!!!! I feel like a dog with two tails!

Fabulous [emoji1]

my application details

309/100

applied on 18th of June 2015 (paper)

CO assigned (D) on 17th of Aug 2015

medical exam: 8th Dec 2015

PC : 20 May 2015 (might have to do another one in coming months)

Good to see someone with the same case officer! We have a similar timeline except i applied a week after you

Also mine is paper application so don't know if that will delay things.

Mine is paper as well. I don't see why it would delay things but I don't know how they do it, we didn't use a migration agent we just did it ourselves. Hopefully they will come soon! :)

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether I should get my medical done and out the way so when requested I will be able to provide it straight away. I believe they don't expire until after one year. I lodged my application 4 months ago and seeing as the guideline for waiting is 10-14 months I should be ok and they should not expire. What are anyone's thoughts on this?...I'm worried I could be tempting fete?!? My migration agent has said that I can do this but made me aware they could expire before visa granted?!?

On the other hand if I wait until checks are requested it gives me a better idea that it could be sooner rather than later that I may hear about my visa being granted and not prolong the waiting game!! [emoji57]

Hi all,

I'm wondering whether I should get my medical done and out the way so when requested I will be able to provide it straight away. I believe they don't expire until after one year. I lodged my application 4 months ago and seeing as the guideline for waiting is 10-14 months I should be ok and they should not expire. What are anyone's thoughts on this?...I'm worried I could be tempting fete?!? My migration agent has said that I can do this but made me aware they could expire before visa granted?!?

On the other hand if I wait until checks are requested it gives me a better idea that it could be sooner rather than later that I may hear about my visa being granted and not prolong the waiting game!! [emoji57]

For what it's worth, I would wait. It only took us about a week to arrange it and get it all done, and the police check was a similar time. That way you don't feel you're tempting fate. Also, the money is probably better off in your bank account than the doctor's!

x

Hi all,

I would wait, my CO gave me my HAP ID which is needed to complete your medical.

Just had my visa GRANTED!!! I received my grant at quarter to 6 this evening so impressed its come so quick!!!! Over the moon me and my partner have been apart a while now so its the best news!! Thanks for everyones support

Just had my visa GRANTED!!! I received my grant at quarter to 6 this evening so impressed its come so quick!!!! Over the moon me and my partner have been apart a while now so its the best news!! Thanks for everyones support

Congratulations. My partner goes away in 5 weeks time. I'm dreading it!! How lovely for you to be reunited soon. [emoji122]?

Many congrats

Congratulations!! was hoping to hear from you soon! So happy! how long did it take?

Thank you! It took us 7 months and 3 days! Looks like things are speeding up which is so good for everyone!

Congratulations. My partner goes away in 5 weeks time. I'm dreading it!! How lovely for you to be reunited soon. [emoji122]

Ohh its horrible being apart but at least its looking like its taking less time. All the best of luck to you

Hi wondering if anyone can help, I was assigned a CO today and they are requesting medicals for myself, migrating and non-migrating children but the names and HAP IDs given are for myself, my husband and my step daughter both are Australian and live in Australia, I'm guessing it's just a mistake and they will respond to my email with the correct names etc. It is just myself and my son that is migrating and my daughter will be staying here with her dad, does she still need to have a medical, I was under the impression she didn't need one as she isn't moving. Also anyone else with CO IH I haven't seen them initials in the table as yet. Sorry for the long winded post, was really excited about getting a CO but worried now. :frown:

Congratulations, very happy for you. We have the same CO and i applied a week before you so hopefully mine will come soon too (fingers crossed).

Hi wondering if anyone can help, I was assigned a CO today and they are requesting medicals for myself, migrating and non-migrating children but the names and HAP IDs given are for myself, my husband and my step daughter both are Australian and live in Australia, I'm guessing it's just a mistake and they will respond to my email with the correct names etc. It is just myself and my son that is migrating and my daughter will be staying here with her dad, does she still need to have a medical, I was under the impression she didn't need one as she isn't moving. Also anyone else with CO IH I haven't seen them initials in the table as yet. Sorry for the long winded post, was really excited about getting a CO but worried now. :frown:

i think it's only for you and your son

Congrats on CO allocation, this maybe a bit small but came in the FAQ section,

Why have my non-migrating children been requested to undertake health assessments?

Health requirements stipulate that all members of the family unit are required to meet the health requirement including dependant family members who do not intend to migrate. This includes all children under the age of 18 years, regardless of whether they live with the principle visa applicant and whether they intend to migrate.

A member of the family unit includes but is not limited to any dependent children of the primary applicant – that is, any children under the age of 18, regardless of the custody or access arrangements in place. This includes family members who are non-migrating dependants (NMDs). NMDs for permanent visas are also required to meet the health requirement before the main permanent visa applicant can be granted a visa. When one family member fails the health requirement, the entire family will be refused visas as a consequence. There is no discretion available to the decision maker, unless waiver provisions exist. This policy means the Department is aware ‘up-front’ of the health status of family members who have the potential to migrate. It also avoids the situation where applicants later decide they want to re-unite with NMDs and are not able to do so due to the NMD’s health concerns. The policy is also designed to prevent visa applicants from failing to declare dependants on their application because they are aware that their dependant(s) have a health condition that would prevent grant of the visa for all family members.