SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi all,

I'd thought I'd add to the thread.

Offshore PMV 309/100 lodged online 3/10/15, CO © assigned 20/1/2016. Medical and PC frontloaded. Husband is German but has Australian PR, I'm Dutch. We're living in London.

Our case officer rang me to ask whether we had more information on our time together in Oz in 2013, to see if we were eligible for 100 straight away (We didn't, so we aren't, but that's OK.) All info for the 309 is complete so we are now just in the queue, they said.

Now it's the waiting game. Hoping to fly out mid-July so fingers crossed for the visa coming in before that. If not I'll have to go on an eVisitor one.

Thanks for all the info on this thread -- it really helps with the stress!

Hi,

My daughter, her hubby and their children are all coming over to Aus in April to wait the time out here for their partner visa to be granted, as my daughter has to be here to validate her PR. They are 8 months in and are aware that they will have to leave Aus and be offshore when it is granted. Her husband and children are coming on 600 visa's, which were recommended to them, as their family might be separated for a long period of time. I was wondering if anyone had done this and if immi had questioned them at the airport, as you are meant to prove funds and that you are returning to the UK, where it is a tourist visa?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Edited by Pingpongpom2

Hi,

My daughter, her hubby and their children are all coming over to Aus in April to wait the time out here for their partner visa to be granted, as my daughter has to be here to validate her PR. They are 8 months in and are aware that they will have to leave Aus and be offshore when it is granted. Her husband and children are coming on 600 visa's, which were recommended to them, as their family might be separated for a long period of time. I was wondering if anyone had done this and if immi had questioned them at the airport, as you are meant to prove funds and that you are returning to the UK, as it is a tourist visa?

Hi

not been on the site for while. I am a PR based in UK with 2 Australian born children. Lodged my husband and daughters 309/100 Visa on 10th March, Acro police check sent off the same day and medical me booked for 29th March. How much extra info has everyone uploaded? Feel like I've been scanning for days!! Filling out the extra forms seems very much like constantly repeating myself! Our plan is to move next July (2017) hoping everything is in place this year though!!

Emma x

Hi everyone! Great reading some of the processing times on here - really interesting and helpful. We submitted our partner visa application via Immi Account on 21st Feb '06 and the status just says 'Application Received' - so I'm hoping this is 'normal'?

I hold an Oz passport, having lived there for a while years ago and so the Partner Visa is for my husband. I've just got Citizen by Descent Certificates granted for our two little girls too - yippee!! So I'll be in this waiting room with you now, seeing what happens next and crossing fingers it's not too long until something (anything!) happens to the status - you can't help but to think about it, longing for something in that status to change/give you any sign something is happening!

PS Newbie question - is there a shortcut to get to this thread quickly or do you have to search for it each time? Thanks.

Celina xx

PS Newbie question - is there a shortcut to get to this thread quickly or do you have to search for it each time? Thanks.

Celina xx

I use an app called taptalk on my phone. This is an app where you can add all different forums. I added Poms in Oz and I have "subscribed" to this thread and then I'm notified if someone posts on here.

Happy waiting. Fingers crossed that status changes to give you some news/insight soon.

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Hi Celina,

You appear to be in a similar situation to myself. My wife is an Aussie and our 4 year old daughter gained Citizenship last year.

i applied for my 309/100 early Feb, have had the medical and police checks, so just playing the very long and tedious waiting game!

Our status just says application received, I don't anticipate this changing until a CO is appointed

Reading some of the posts on here, as we both submitted Feb time, I wouldn't expect to hear anything re CO until end of May / early June

Keep in touch

Cheers

Mark

Hi Celina,

You appear to be in a similar situation to myself. My wife is an Aussie and our 4 year old daughter gained Citizenship last year.

i applied for my 309/100 early Feb, have had the medical and police checks, so just playing the very long and tedious waiting game!

Our status just says application received, I don't anticipate this changing until a CO is appointed

Reading some of the posts on here, as we both submitted Feb time, I wouldn't expect to hear anything re CO until end of May / early June

Keep in touch

Cheers

Mark

Oh great, that's good to know it's all 'normal', thanks Mark! I was thinking of the getting the Medical and Police Clearance done in a couple of months instead of now - incase the processing time runs over. However, the few posts that I've seen on here, seem to have been processed 7-8 months (here's hoping!). So maybe we should just get them done now anyway in this in mind - I don't want to hold up our application. When it's granted, we still have to wait another 3 months - husband's job notice! (I was hoping for our 6 year old to start school in time for their start of school year (end Jan), but being practical, not truly expecting such a quick turnaround.)

Gosh - end of May/early June is ages to wait for something to happen - I'm rather impatient!! :biglaugh:

Celina

Celina xx

I use an app called taptalk on my phone. This is an app where you can add all different forums. I added Poms in Oz and I have "subscribed" to this thread and then I'm notified if someone posts on here.

Happy waiting. Fingers crossed that status changes to give you some news/insight soon. [emoji4]

Thank you very much!

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Oh great, that's good to know it's all 'normal', thanks Mark! I was thinking of the getting the Medical and Police Clearance done in a couple of months instead of now - incase the processing time runs over. However, the few posts that I've seen on here, seem to have been processed 7-8 months (here's hoping!). So maybe we should just get them done now anyway in this in mind - I don't want to hold up our application. When it's granted, we still have to wait another 3 months - husband's job notice! (I was hoping for our 6 year old to start school in time for their start of school year (end Jan), but being practical, not truly expecting such a quick turnaround.)

Gosh - end of May/early June is ages to wait for something to happen - I'm rather impatient!! :biglaugh:

Celina

Reason i got my medical done and out of the way is because I don't do needles and didn't want that hanging over me.......I don't think having it done speeds up the process, by the sounds of it, when it's your turn its your turn!!

Your situation really does mirror ours, our little one has just turned 4 and due to start school here in September, I also will have to give 3 months notice for work...... So realistically if all goes well, it'll be the end of year when we find out!!

Thank you very much!

If you are using a browser, you just subscribe to the thread from the thread tools at the top of the thread. Or opt to get email alerts whenever a new post is made or get an alert whenever you log into the forum on any new posts made to it. Check your settings and thread subscriptions.

Hi, we applied and paid 10/3! Crazy amount of money and uploading hey!!

hi, yes a lot of money just to be able to take my family home. feel a bit annoyed that my own country is charging me to come home. although they would say they are charging my wife, i don't see the difference. But still looking forward to moving home with my family.

hi, yes a lot of money just to be able to take my family home. feel a bit annoyed that my own country is charging me to come home. although they would say they are charging my wife, i don't see the difference. But still looking forward to moving home with my family.

Much easier financially than going the other way and taking an Australian spouse to the UK!

Much easier financially than going the other way and taking an Australian spouse to the UK!

Hi, yes I agree unfortunately I have copped it both ways. I originally came over on a working holiday visa, met my now wife and have since paid for an array of work visas / marriage visas. Thinking it might be a good idea to get my uk citizenship before moving home. although it's about 1 thousand pounds.

Hi all first time poster and just registered. My partners spouse Visa was granted today, straight to 100. As expected as we have three kids together. Submitted our application in early June, case-officer and additional information assigned and requested early August, medicals and police checks submitted by end of February, Visa granted 3 weeks after submission of all our documents. Oversea, London office, online application. Quick question: Anyone have any experience with the money transfer promotion here on Pomsinoz with 'Moneycorp'? We have some savings to transfer and would always love to eliminate fees :-)

Guest thebetty82

Hi all, just an update to give those who submitted last year some hope of a grant soon. We applied 26th August 2015, by post for some reason. We didn't hear a thing for over 5 months although we knew they had received it as they took the money on the 27th!

Case officer then got in touch early Jan to tell us to go for medical and police check, these were done around 16th Jan. Hubbys company then wanted him to start his job in April so we decided we would sell up and go on evisitor visa to begin with. Sold house within a week, booked flights for 26th Feb via Dubai for a few days. We emailed the case officer a week before to ask if a grant was imminent, he responded straight away with a no he wasn't in a position to grant.

We have been here a few weeks now and are having a great time, it's made it easy as we have lots of family already here. So they are going to Bali the first week in April and asked if we wanted to join them, we need to be offshore to have the visa granted so what a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone! Emailed the case officer again and told him we were planning a holiday and did he think he would be ready to grant by then. Within 24 hours he replied told us to email flight details and itinerary and he would grant it for us! Straight to 100

Very happy and everything seems to have fallen in place nicely, good luck to all those who applied in the second half of 2015 hopefully it won't be long now.

Hi, yes I agree unfortunately I have copped it both ways. I originally came over on a working holiday visa, met my now wife and have since paid for an array of work visas / marriage visas. Thinking it might be a good idea to get my uk citizenship before moving home. although it's about 1 thousand pounds.

Get it if you can. If you ever want to return the UK partner visa is a big cost and hard to get.

Hi all first time poster and just registered. My partners spouse Visa was granted today, straight to 100. As expected as we have three kids together. Submitted our application in early June, case-officer and additional information assigned and requested early August, medicals and police checks submitted by end of February, Visa granted 3 weeks after submission of all our documents. Oversea, London office, online application. Quick question: Anyone have any experience with the money transfer promotion here on Pomsinoz with 'Moneycorp'? We have some savings to transfer and would always love to eliminate fees :-)

I'd post and ask your Moneycorp question in a thread of its own so more people will see and possibly reply. Here in the partner visa thread its rather lost and missed by many eyes.

FWIW Moneycorp get good feedback. Lots on the forum have used them.