SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

For those who have already been successful (congratulations!!!!!) and were immediately granted the 100 subclass visa (bypassing the 309 stage) - did you have any specific conversations with your case officers about this in advance? Myself and husband have been together 11 years, married, baby on the way and hoping he will go straight to the 100, however not sure if we should be initiating this conversation or just let the process play its course? Thanks in advance

You don't need a conversation.

If you have been a couple for three years without kids, or two years with kids, you will get PR straight away.

For those who have already been successful (congratulations!!!!!) and were immediately granted the 100 subclass visa (bypassing the 309 stage) - did you have any specific conversations with your case officers about this in advance? Myself and husband have been together 11 years, married, baby on the way and hoping he will go straight to the 100, however not sure if we should be initiating this conversation or just let the process play its course? Thanks in advance

Nope, your CO will assess and you'll go to the 100. You don't need to do anything.

Pretty exciting evening! Our CO called me in the middle of my shopping, just to clarify something I emailed him about yesterday. Almost didn't answer it, not keen on answering numbers I don't know, but glad I did! Our visa application is up to date and if it wasn't for the fact that our wedding is booked for next November, he could have granted real soon! A bit gutted BUT I have a time frame now of exactly how long I have left and we can finally book my flight!  So the April countdown is on!!

June applications getting close to granted! This is so exciting! :)

Really finding the waiting hard.... I know the process times are there, but people are getting grants early :embarrassed: eally want to book flights and shipping and hand notice in at work....... Trying so hard not to email co with pointless question in the hope they close our visa application.... :chatterbox:Come on co make mine next week so I can Celebrate :wink:

Edited by nollie

Really finding the waiting hard.... I know the process times are there, but people are getting grants early :embarrassed: eally want to book flights and shipping and hand notice in at work....... Trying so hard not to email co with pointless question in the hope they close our visa application.... :chatterbox:Come on co make mine next week so I can Celebrate :wink:

Oi..............get in line! Lol ;-)

Partner visa (subclass 309/subclass 100 lodged 02/04/2015, CO (VF) allocated 06/05/2015. Police ACRO Check completed 24/09/2015, Medical Check completed 01/10/2015, currently completing a C100 removal from jurisdiction for my Stepson, looking to locate to Melbourne Berwick area with my family of five in early 2016.

oi..............get in line! Lol ;-)

partner visa (subclass 309/subclass 100 lodged 02/04/2015, co (vf) allocated 06/05/2015. Police acro check completed 24/09/2015, medical check completed 01/10/2015, currently completing a c100 removal from jurisdiction for my stepson, looking to locate to melbourne berwick area with my family of five in early 2016.

no i dont want to ..........

I was here first! ;-)

Partner visa (subclass 309/subclass 100 lodged 02/04/2015, CO (VF) allocated 06/05/2015. Police ACRO Check completed 24/09/2015, Medical Check completed 01/10/2015, currently completing a C100 removal from jurisdiction for my Stepson, looking to locate to Melbourne Berwick area with my family of five in early 2016.

I was here first! ;-)

Then get a move on xx :wink:

Well i find myself in a sticky spot....

My Onshore visa was declined earlier this year and I am currently waiting for a hearing date with the Migration review tribunal. In addition, I applied for an offshore visa in June this year as my plan B. I was hoping MRT hearing would be first and then if that didnt work in my favour the clock had already started ticking on my offshore one.

After talking with the MRT it looks like I am 6 months away from getting a hearing and the Offshore visa will come through first.

The aim of my game is obviosuly permanent residency, If I am successful at MRT then I would have completed the 2 years temporary residency and would go straight to the 801.

So I wonder... can I activate the 309 visa, when my turn comes up in approximately March and then still go to MRT?

If I am approved for the 801 visa after the 309 will the 801 overide it?

Any thoughts?

Edited by Keep me in oz

My Onshore visa was declined earlier this year and I am currently waiting for a hearing date with the Migration review tribunal. In addition, I applied for an offshore visa in June this year as my plan B. I was hoping MRT hearing would be first and then if that didnt work in my favour the clock had already started ticking on my offshore one.

After talking with the MRT it looks like I am 6 months away from getting a hearing and the Offshore visa will come through first.

The aim of my game is obviosuly permanent residency, If I am successful at MRT then I would have completed the 2 years temporary residency and would go straight to the 801.

So I wonder... can I activate the 309 visa, when my turn comes up in approximately March and then still go to MRT?

Any thoughts?

Blimey.

Your case is not straightforward and you are in quite a pickle as it is with a partner visa already having been declined and being appealed I think you should discuss your options and put your questions to a reputable MARA registered migration agent. I don't think anyone posting in this thread is qualified in appeals or the process or the ins and outs of what this means. Going to a decent migration agent would get you proper clarification.

Edited by Guest
typo

Can anyone answer this one?

I submitted a paper application to the AHC, London in May 15. Everything completed by Nov (health ass/ police check etc). Only one email received from CO (KC) in June advising that they was my case officer and when I should complete health & character checks. Sent an email to CO, once we had completed the above to confirm they had been received. I was advised that 'everything was now done'.

I don't want to start pestering CO so my question is....

Does anyone know what process my application will be going through now?

What I mean is will it just be sat in a queue waiting for grant or will the case officer have further checks to do?

I have read that medicals are generally the last stage in the process, so I'm clinging on to the possibility that between May- November my CO would have had a look at our application and decided that it was suitable to proceed to health assessment.

Then again, I may just be clinging on to any little bit of hope that appears in my head.

Our case is quite straight forward so here's hoping!

Good luck to you all and this forum is really good for my anxiety!

Right CO's, where have you disappeared, I know it's Christmas time, it's wind down time for the next few weeks, Christmas party time, sharing Christmas cards with colleagues etc etc...............but according to our list, where have the 7 and 8 month approvals gone, ease up on the Sherry for one more week please!!

Right CO's, where have you disappeared, I know it's Christmas time, it's wind down time for the next few weeks, Christmas party time, sharing Christmas cards with colleagues etc etc...............but according to our list, where have the 7 and 8 month approvals gone, ease up on the Sherry for one more week please!!

This is where if you start seeing what others get and hope for sooner also you can be let down. Try to work to the 10-14 month timeframe and if a grant comes sooner then great, but don't expect it just because some others got theirs earlier. I've seen some people get granted early, others having to wait till almost the end of the timeframe. It really can be a let down if you start expecting or hoping for it earlier so I always say to people to not get their hopes up.

Hi guys

I been reading this forum for last couple of weeks while waiting for decision on my partner visa 820. I just got grant letter today after 15 months gruelling wait. It's been lot of struggle and lot of efforts been put in by me and my family. I was refused once then got remitted by MRT and today is the lucky day. I am feeling ecstatic.

Any thoughts?

I did thee forbidden and asked the Department! They confirmed that im good to go with the plan above :)

I did thee forbidden and asked the Department! They confirmed that im good to go with the plan above :)

You know 'they' don't always give out the correct advice. They are known for giving out different advice depending on who you speak to. All too often I've read of people advised by immigration they were ok to do X or Y when in fact they should not have done. I'd really double check it properly with a reputable MARA registered migration agent.

You know 'they' don't always give out the correct advice. They are known for giving out different advice depending on who you speak to. All too often I've read of people advised by immigration they were ok to do X or Y when in fact they should not have done. I'd really double check it properly with a reputable MARA registered migration agent.

Definitely! Such an unusual case that I would really doubt that call centre staff would know the answer. I'd be on the phone to a reputable agent asap.

Edited by Nemesis

I have it in writing from them, there isn’t much more I can do, I cant afford to engage another migration agent!

Oh and I already know too well that they fck things up, I have already complained to the Commonwealth Ombudsman about the Department and have a compensation claim being processed for defective administration.

The question isn’t all that complex anyways, would a new visa granted by the Department supersede the old one. Its quite a common thing really.

It's gone so quiet on grants, it's painful! Hopefully they pump heaps more out over the next couple of weeks before things slow up with all the public holidays.

It it has gone quiet :( hoping now Santa does it for us lol..... If not it will be a lovely new year gift, or valentines etc...... But really tomorrow would be fab