SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hello, I haven't posted much, but an update for people on here. I got me 309 Visa granted on Monday 20th. 8 months and 13 days. Applied on 7th February. I did send an email to the case officer the week before, as me and my girlfriend were flying from Chile to Australia on the 20th, checking on progress. Woke up that morning to get email granting my visa. Good timing. In Oz now, saves trip to NZ.

Also, if anyone needs some extra information that may be of use, we left the UK where I applied and went travelling in March, so I got a police check arranged and did a medical in Panama in June. All worked out fine. We applied for everything online and all correspondence was via email.

Congratulations ! So happy to see a grant this week starting to get frustrated as can't ship without flight details can't apply for some jobs without visa its holding up so much. Please let today be the day !

Can't your Aus OH sign the shipping paperwork? Thats what we did. I didn't sign a thing for it and we shipped it fine.

They need flight details for Aussie to shoe returning citizen so.it goes as excess baggage. Cheaper that way. Hopefully can do soon

Hmm, I've never heard of a returning citizen getting the migrant baggage allowance.

Migrant wise, unvalidated permanent visa holders qualify with Singapore airlines and one or two others. Only 10kg extra though these days as the general allowance is 30kg.

ETA - You don't need your visa at time of booking though, you email them and ask them to give you the allowance once you've booked and after your visa has come through.

Edited by Guest

Sevenseas. If you go online it will give u an qoute for air, and 2 prices for ship the lower one is excess baggage for returning citizens. I could nt work out y 2 prices so called them to confirm. we are only taking 10 boxes well hoping too still not finished packing them lol

They said you had to show you would be in Country when boxes arrive.

I'm not sure thats true - we are going with sevenseas and we have already sent everything because we sold the house - the goods due in the country at the end of november and we aren't going to get there until jan (haven't even booked tickets yet). They sent me the paperwork for quarentine just the other day - that paperwork asked for flight details etc., but I have submitted it with that section left blank and so far I haven't recieved notification of it being bounced. I have used sevenseas several times now and have never had a problem sending/recieving goods when I wasn't in the country.

I (the aussie half of the partnership) did all the paperwork and had my mother down as a nominee to recieve the goods and my mothers address went down as the destination (although sevenseas are just going to store them until we get there).

I bet there is a way to get the good on their way before you leave...

Do you get any extra baggage allowence with a pmv visa

No, not that I have ever heard.

Permanent unvalidated visas get the migrant allowance with a handful of airlines.

Bec did u call up maybe you said you where accompanying them so they never gave u the other price.

I did phone them as I had questions when I was still considering my options but in the end I just booked it online and the boxes arrived a few days later.

Now I just need the motivation to pack!!!

This is a message to all of you waiting alone - whose partners have already gone.

My PMV application went in on February 11th. My fiance left England, however, in early September 2013.

I am not coping well. How are you dealing with this truly bizarre and upsetting situation?

xx

its very hard! I've not seen my fiancé for 12 months now! I'm hoping my visa is closer to 8 months. I just want to get back