SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Woo hoo! I got my request to leave for grant of visa today So relieved, and such a quick time frame too, only six and a half months, I am mega relieved as this has not been a smooth ride! You can see my stats at my signature, I've been in Aus a month on a tourist visa, medical was referred due to high BMI, but here I am! Now to plan a little trip to Bali or NZ!

Congratulations Tulip! Happy Days! Enjoy your trip away :)

Woo hoo! I got my request to leave for grant of visa today So relieved, and such a quick time frame too, only six and a half months, I am mega relieved as this has not been a smooth ride! You can see my stats at my signature, I've been in Aus a month on a tourist visa, medical was referred due to high BMI, but here I am! Now to plan a little trip to Bali or NZ!

Good work tulip. I'm not to far behind you. Just going over old ground, exactly which visitor visa did you go over on again on your way way trip? I'm planning on going to oz in feb

Hi all,

Just emailed our case officier and got an out of office reply from 23rd July -27th Aug, absolutely gutted as was hoping to be granted soon as seen a few people who applied after us have got theirs. Applied end of Jan and case officer SV.

Have flights booked to oz since before we applied for end of Sept, so heres hoping we get visa before we fly off.

Hi all,

Just emailed our case officier and got an out of office reply from 23rd July -27th Aug, absolutely gutted as was hoping to be granted soon as seen a few people who applied after us have got theirs. Applied end of Jan and case officer SV.

Have flights booked to oz since before we applied for end of Sept, so heres hoping we get visa before we fly off.

Regardless of others getting granted a bit quicker, work to the 8-9 month time frame your CO gave you. If it comes sooner its a bonus is how I looked at it but I didn't wish myself away wanting it to come sooner. I planned for the 8-9 months, didn't hassle my CO and left them to it. I let them know I planned to fly to Aus on a tourist visa on a date in Oct but you are supposed to inform them if you plan to do this. But other than that, didn't worry them and would have gone off shore for grant if I had needed to. As it is visa was granted in 7 months so tourist visa is no longer needed.

Hi all,

Thanks for the info.

My CO is also SV, I will not expect any news next week then.

Just a quick question, Is generally no news good news ?

As I submitted my Application end of February and got assigned at start of March to a CO they let me know 2 questions I hadn't answered so I sent this off and was notified they had arrived and was given the data to get medical and police checks done by. So got medical and police checks done and emailed my CO to check to see if they received all the information from these ok and she confirmed she had got them and then mentioned not to contact them unless urgent until the 8-9 month time frame has passed. Is it usual to hear so little ? If they needed any further information or an interview would have they contacted me yet ?

Thanks

It's very normal to hear nothing. My CO (VF) told me she would contact me when my referred medical had cleared; she did, but to tell me the visa was able to be granted. Remember that if they need something from you, they will tell you. If not, then no news is good news. They're still dealing with backlog I expect plus new applications before the price hike, so are very busy. There's no reason for you to email them and no reason for them to email you until your visa is granted.

Yes unfortunately it is normal! I found it difficult to get my head around it too! ;-) however if you need to get to Oz you can chose the Tourist visa route until it gets granted. Sit tight. We'll all be there soon -ish x

Yes unfortunately it is normal! I found it difficult to get my head around it too! ;-) however if you need to get to Oz you can chose the Tourist visa route until it gets granted. Sit tight. We'll all be there soon -ish x

Oh well, It would be nice just to be told whether everything was ok. Well fingers crossed :D

YYYAAAAYYYY!!!!

309 Granted 5 mins ago!

We had some hiccups this week! My CO (DP) has left on indefinate leave with no return date or a referal address so we were worried that our visa would end up being granted at the 9 month...ONE PROBLEM THO... the criminal check (2nd one issued after the request of DP) was about to expire in a few weeks! We emailed another case officer ysday explained the sitution and today we recieved the grant from her! If Im not mistaken we hit he 7 mark!!!

To anyone who already has a visa, do you guys know how we present the visa at the airport? do we just print the letter off and keep it with me till we get to the boarder check? Also must I inform the airline company at all in advance?

Hope all the Jan appliers get good news soon!

Edited by bluewaterz

Congratulations!!! I believe it is 'attached' to your passport. They will check your passport at the border an your visa will come up electronically. That's what LG told me.

Jamesfree - yup, they don't need anything else so just sit tight and wait for visa grant now.

If they need or want anything else from you they will let you know.

Hi all, I have been keeping an eye on this thread, it is very informative, so thank you all for that. I have applied for my 309, got my case officer, done medicals and police checks, they have all the info they need...... I used an agent rather than do myself for various reason, I was wondering have any of you been told that you visa will be granted just not sure when? I have just been told that they will be in touch with a decision eigther yes or no in 8 - 9 months..... so far it only been 3 months since I lodged, I was just curious.........

Becky :)

Ah right, maybe I should ask my agent what's what....thank you :)

If you've not been asked for anything else and have done medical and police check then its just a case of waiting now. You won't hear anything after 3 months. I'd nudge your agent around 7 months or so down the line to see if they have heard if its been granted. If you did your application yourself your CO would email you direct when the visa is granted. If you are using an agent and its all going through them then I'd think it would've your agent who will hear and inform you but if you've supplied an email addy maybe they inform you direct.

Whichever way, you are still a ways off from your visa being granted.

Fwiw, usually if they say something like no further evidence required then that means they have enough stuff to make a decision on (and will grant in due course nearer the 8-9 month mark if all is in order).