SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi Logged hubby spouse visa on - Date 30th Jan, CO assigned 27th Feb - VF, Penal requested 29th April, medical done same time as submitting online, was told 8-9 months. Enquired about Visitor Visa on 27th Aug and was passed to general enquiry at Immigration. So end of 9 months would be in 5 weeks time. Have given notice to quit at work and house, going to go as soon as holiday visitor visa comes and will exit country for 3 days as requested. BUT Just want to Visa to come now!! so much hanging in the balance and didn't want to wait for the visa to come before giving notice on everything as we don't want to fly out at Christmas. Praying the visa comes soon, has anyone else got theirs yet with similar lodgement date?

Hi, our applicatiom was lodged 22nd Jan so we're (hopefully) on the home stretch and just past 8 months. We have flights booked for November but think we may be safe to look at a holiday visa just in case - can you get this with a one way flight??

Am i heartless,,im excited to say bye lol,,my oh went over 16 months ago so ive not seen him since in person anyway so he is all im thinking off,,ill probably be upset when it actually comes to it but for now i just wanna get there!! Hopefully itll be here in next few weeks keeping everything crossed for everyone lol

Im the same 12 months apart another 4 to go it's so much harder when your apart. Hope yours is through soon :)

Hi, our applicatiom was lodged 22nd Jan so we're (hopefully) on the home stretch and just past 8 months. We have flights booked for November but think we may be safe to look at a holiday visa just in case - can you get this with a one way flight??

As long as you have funds to cover it. Its a subclass 600 and takes a while to get, i went with Visafirst instead of doing through immiaccount, but they initially said 6-8 weeks but online it states 10 days, or 1 if no further info is required. Had to write an itinerary, bank statements showing he had at least 7000 AUS dollars to support his 6 month stay. HAPID and character ref docs (criminal history from 23 years ago), so we holding our breath. it all got passed with CO so hope it gets passed again for the holiday visa, cant help being worried though. and its been over 10 days now:unsure:

You can apply for a 3 month tourist visa without issue I would think. I know of a few people waiting for partner visas who went over on this visa on one way tickets. They just made sure to have proof of funds that they could buy a flight out of Aus when the time came. Don't think anyone was really questioned on it though.

Be aware of visa crossover though at this stage. A substantial visa can cancel another one out if they cross over.

I applied for my 3 month tourist visa about 6 months after lodging to ensure I was not close to to the grant window. Inform your CO of your intentions to travel to Aus on a tourist visa so they can liaise with you to go offshore when your partner visa is granted. Have funds for this.

Visa granted this morning whahooo!!!

Congratulations!

We also had our visa approved on Monday the 22nd. 8 months and 22 days after application.

It was an email to our CO that triggered the approval- the squeaky wheel gets the oil! I would advise people to contact their CO for an update after the 8.5month mark. The extra week makes all the differnce when you have been apart from your loved one.

Good luck to everyone awaiting visa grants!

Im the same 12 months apart another 4 to go it's so much harder when your apart. Hope yours is through soon :)

Hi Chloe,

I just came a cross your post. I'm in the same boat as well. Been apart from my wife now for 9 months now. It never gets easier, but it will all be worth it in the end.

keep going.