SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi all,

I've not posted for a while but have been following the thread and cursing Australia House for their seemingly increased grant times!

Our application for 309/100 was received on 22nd Jan 2014 so we are nearly at the 8 month mark. We have been advised my partner is being assessed for the 100 (permanent) given the time we've been together....not that that seems to make the wait time any less!

Although they suggest waiting until visa is granted, we have already booked our flights for mid-November....all going badly, that would take us to nearly 10 months waiting so fingers crossed it stays at the 8-9 months! Given the advice on the thread we are not going to contact our CO until the 9 month mark - seems wise. After that, we'll panic!

Good luck with all your waiting - we feel your anxiousness! :-)

Hi all,

This is my first time posting on this thread, thank you all for your help/advice/rants it is nice to know you're not alone! Congratulations @escape plan, I have been following your journey and am really pleased for you!

I am wondering how many of you guys applied via paper and not on the immi.au site? Does anyone know if this affects processing times?

My stats are:

Applied for sub class 309/100 (being considered for 100)

Paper application posted on 21st Feb

Payment taken and invoice dated 25th Feb

CO assigned 1st April

Medical completed 30th May

ACPO check 8th June

Married 15th August, copy of cert and pics sent to CO....

Almost 7 months waiting... flight booked to Aus, landing mid Nov.... feeling anxious...

Hi all,

This is my first time posting on this thread, thank you all for your help/advice/rants it is nice to know you're not alone! Congratulations @escape plan, I have been following your journey and am really pleased for you!

I am wondering how many of you guys applied via paper and not on the immi.au site? Does anyone know if this affects processing times?

My stats are:

Applied for sub class 309/100 (being considered for 100)

Paper application posted on 21st Feb

Payment taken and invoice dated 25th Feb

CO assigned 1st April

Medical completed 30th May

ACPO check 8th June

Married 15th August, copy of cert and pics sent to CO....

Almost 7 months waiting... flight booked to Aus, landing mid Nov.... feeling anxious...

hello, paper or online, does not matter, same processing times. Your clock has been ticking since it was signed and paid for.

Congrats on the wedding :)

Hey all,

Quick question re travelling. I have my medical booked in for this Friday - all good, should be last step before the final waiting game. I have a big birthday coming up in January and I was thinking of going to Egypt - however a little concerned that this may be an issue with regards to the Ebola outbreak - I know its not there however I would hate to compromise this whole application, just for a few weeks of sun - gonna be getting enough sun soon enough - fingers and everything else crossed :)...do you think Thailand would be a better option - or would it be a good idea not to travel anywhere exotic as all holiday destinations have already been listed on application??? Am I worrying over nothing?

Hey all,

Quick question re travelling. I have my medical booked in for this Friday - all good, should be last step before the final waiting game. I have a big birthday coming up in January and I was thinking of going to Egypt - however a little concerned that this may be an issue with regards to the Ebola outbreak - I know its not there however I would hate to compromise this whole application, just for a few weeks of sun - gonna be getting enough sun soon enough - fingers and everything else crossed :)...do you think Thailand would be a better option - or would it be a good idea not to travel anywhere exotic as all holiday destinations have already been listed on application??? Am I worrying over nothing?

I'd be avoiding Egypt but not for Ebola reasons! See the FCO advice on travelling there: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/egypt

It's fine to travel when you're waiting for your visa to be processed, but exercising the usual caution is advised when choosing your destination :)

Congratulations TheEscapePlan! Like aussiejo we have (flexible) flights booked at 10 months so I have been stalking this thread for current grant times and have been so disappointed for you all last week when there was no good news for you.

Congratz to all people granted....DownUndergirl what type of tickets are those? Are they very dear? 6 months 3 weeks and 4 days since I applied and counting.....

Congratz to all people granted....DownUndergirl what type of tickets are those? Are they very dear? 6 months 3 weeks and 4 days since I applied and counting.....

Hi Grabri,

We practically have the same dates. I also have flights booked that I can cancel a day before if my visa hasn't been granted. I booked them through STA Travel, they were reasonably priced as I had looked elsewhere. I fly out just after the 9 month mark at the end of November.

After you get the grant email how soon can you fly? Is it that day or do you have to do anything else paperwork wise?

once the visa is granted, you don't need to do anything else. You will be given a date which is the latest point you must enter Australia to validate the visa (it can just be a holiday, you don't have to stay) or you can fly the day after you get the visa approval letter.