You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

North to South

Has anyway delayed or postponed their move to in light of the corona pandemic ?

36 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I am shocked. Why on earth would people refuse to do the test? Surely they wouldn’t want to risk giving it to others when they can have a test and know they’re safe. Who do they think they are 🙄

Apparently, people with young children are worried about the invasive nature of the test (it is very uncomfortable, apparently).

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Haven’t been informed directly but seems our flights to Brisbane early August are cancelled (or were never happening at all despite them saying yesterday the flight was full!).  Chat person on cx website this morning says 1st Sept is the earliest for Lhr to bne via hk.  I wouldn’t put much hope in that at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Apparently, people with young children are worried about the invasive nature of the test (it is very uncomfortable, apparently).

It did say in my information pack that they were doing a saliva test for children but the nurse today told me that it is incorrect and they haven't been shown how to do it.

So day 3 & day 11 we all have to do the test or as Parley said if you refuse the last one then it's another 10day qaurantine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Brizzie said:

Haven’t been informed directly but seems our flights to Brisbane early August are cancelled (or were never happening at all despite them saying yesterday the flight was full!).  Chat person on cx website this morning says 1st Sept is the earliest for Lhr to bne via hk.  I wouldn’t put much hope in that at the moment.

Hi Brizzie, if you want to go direct to Brisbane, Singapore Airlines are starting their flights. We are booked to fly first week of August and been told our flight is going ahead. Having said that, as we all know, these things can change instantly.

Left UK 1990 / WA for 28 years / UK / returning Australia as soon as the CV issue allows !

Hi AliQ, we were told the same by Cathay for Aug just a couple of weeks back. I don’t know what to believe. I will look into it.  Qatar seem to be the most reliable right now.  Any other suggestions for direct into Brisbane are very welcome.  

5 minutes ago, Brizzie said:

Hi AliQ, we were told the same by Cathay for Aug just a couple of weeks back. I don’t know what to believe. I will look into it.  Qatar seem to be the most reliable right now.  Any other suggestions for direct into Brisbane are very welcome.  

This is so stressful, hope you are OK, I'm getting so rattled these days !

Because we booked and paid with Singapore Airlines a while back, we have to "stick" with them now, if WE cancel we lose our money, so we can't go and book with Qatar as much as it's tempting to do so. I just hope Singapore Airlines are allowed to stick to the new schedule that is now up and there are no more retractions ! I can' t cope with all these last minute changes, we've ended our rental, furniture going soon and everything is finalised, we have to get home !!!
Good luck Brizzie, we may meet each other on that lovely flight to Brisbane 😊

• Thanks 1

Left UK 1990 / WA for 28 years / UK / returning Australia as soon as the CV issue allows !