Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

16 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

This was originally a UK site as British  people are referred to as Poms by Australians - hence the name “Poms in Oz.”

Over the years it’s developed into a more worldwide forum but it’s likely there are still more Poms on here than other countries which is probably why you see more UK residents posting. Processing is all done in date order so there’s likely to be people in many other countries who have been granted their visa too. Asia probably has the highest number of parent applications. 

Thanks for the useful info! I am happy for everyone. My time will come later. Anyway, I do not know how to add the signature like you guys but my application is on Feb 2016, not sure about the exact date as the agent did the paperwork.

13 hours ago, Thomas N said:

Thanks for the useful info! I am happy for everyone. My time will come later. Anyway, I do not know how to add the signature like you guys but my application is on Feb 2016, not sure about the exact date as the agent did the paperwork.

Hi Thomas, signature is accessed by clicking your name in the top right hand corner of the web page when logged in.  A menu will show, select "Account Settings" then when the page loads click the "Signature" option on the left of the page 3rd option from the bottom. Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arti said:

Just curious to know - when you switch over from another parent visa to 143 - is your spot in the queue retained or is considered a new application altogether?

You retain your spot in the Q when switching from a 103 to a 143 visa

Edited by Lady Jane

On 16/11/2020 at 22:01, MELBNGSM said:

Fantastic new. We have the same date of application acknowledgement date.
    I am hoping to hear something soon.
Would you mind telling the total amount you had to pay for second VAC for both your parents?

It’s £87,200 for both parents 

Hey everyone,

Great to hear about all the recent visa grants. There are flights out there for those who are looking, just persevere. My son who was in the UK studying recently when back, and although his flight to Perth was expensive, it was within reason. He went with Singapore Airlines.

On the flip side we’ve been waiting since June 16, 51 months and nothing yet. It’s extremely disheartening. Any news on anyone receiving the request for further documents would be great !!!

Nita 16

4 hours ago, Nita16 said:

Hey everyone,

Great to hear about all the recent visa grants. There are flights out there for those who are looking, just persevere. My son who was in the UK studying recently when back, and although his flight to Perth was expensive, it was within reason. He went with Singapore Airlines.

On the flip side we’ve been waiting since June 16, 51 months and nothing yet. It’s extremely disheartening. Any news on anyone receiving the request for further documents would be great !!!

Nita 16

They seem to be issuing all the visas from those who were asked for further documents before they put everything on hold so, hopefully, those of you that applied in June 2016 onwards will be contacted as soon as they have cleared their desks.  I totally understand how you feel - waiting and wondering is torture and it is sometimes very hard to think about anything else but your turn will come.  Try and stay positive!

5 hours ago, Nita16 said:

Hey everyone,

Nita 16

Yes, we have all been there. Waiting patiently for our turns. I am still waiting to hear for the 2nd VAC.
   My timeline is very similar and some cases earlier in comparison to those being asked for 2nd VAC at the moment. Your turn isn’t too far away now.

Can someone who recently got requested to pay 2nd VAC please let me know what forms of payment are accepted? I know BPAY is 1 of them but I am not too sure how it would work if my parents are going to pay this amount from an overseas bank account. Trying to give them as much information as possible so they are prepared for when it happens. Any guidance will be appreciated. Good luck everyone.  

6 minutes ago, Gadgetfreak28 said:

Can someone who recently got requested to pay 2nd VAC please let me know what forms of payment are accepted? I know BPAY is 1 of them but I am not too sure how it would work if my parents are going to pay this amount from an overseas bank account. Trying to give them as much information as possible so they are prepared for when it happens. Any guidance will be appreciated. Good luck everyone.  

The best way might be to transfer the amount to Australian bank account when you have the best rate.  Then pay by BPAY which costs nothing to pay.  Other methods may cost you.  You can pay by credit card from overseas but will cost you quite a lot more.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, AlwaysVet said:

The best way might be to transfer the amount to Australian bank account when you have the best rate.  Then pay by BPAY which costs nothing to pay.  Other methods may cost you.  You can pay by credit card from overseas but will cost you quite a lot more.

They could use Transferwise to send the money to you which is probably the cheapest method for an international transfer, so you can then use BPay.

• Like 1

Completely stumped as to when to book my Mums flight for, knowing full well it’ll likely get bumped! Has anyone with a recent visa grant booked? So many unknowns it’s hard to now make a plan! Very frustrating as after the 2nd vac payment a business class flight + quarantine isn’t really an option right now. If it’s not one stressful waiting game it’s another 🙂

2 hours ago, NatS259 said:

Completely stumped as to when to book my Mums flight for, knowing full well it’ll likely get bumped! Has anyone with a recent visa grant booked? So many unknowns it’s hard to now make a plan! Very frustrating as after the 2nd vac payment a business class flight + quarantine isn’t really an option right now. If it’s not one stressful waiting game it’s another 🙂

Are they offshore or onshore?

if offshore it might be cheaper and easier after New Year. Hoping they will increase the caps early next year.

If onshore ask for more time to leave like I have. Return flights are very scarce and as you say probably business class and quarantine ! 

29 minutes ago, KathyN said:

My parents' 143 visas were granted this morning. 

Since I am onshore, I have to leave before my AFP Check expires in late December for my visa to be granted. Finding return flights to Singapore is a struggle! 

Thank you, KathyN. I hope we’ll get the news soon.

• Thanks 1

I called Singapore Airlines and was able to book return flights to Singapore from 27 to 28 November (this weekend)! My return flight will be to Perth, then I will book a domestic flight from Perth to Brisbane.

Does anyone know if I will need to quarantine in Perth or can I quarantine in Brisbane? My hunch says Perth, then no need to quarantine again in Brisbane.

6 minutes ago, KathyN said:

I called Singapore Airlines and was able to book return flights to Singapore from 27 to 28 November (this weekend)! My return flight will be to Perth, then I will book a domestic flight from Perth to Brisbane.

Does anyone know if I will need to quarantine in Perth or can I quarantine in Brisbane? My hunch says Perth, then no need to quarantine again in Brisbane.

Yes I would say definitely Perth it’s about $2520 for one person. Are you sure  you don’t have to do 2 days quarantine /testing in Singapore?? Or are flights from Oz exempt from that? 
... The risk is your return flight being seriously delayed or cancelled. Mainly due to Adelaide closing the other day though so 🤞🤞

Edited by Kathss56

15 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Yes I would say definitely Perth it’s about $2520 for one person. Are you sure  you don’t have to do 2 days quarantine /testing in Singapore?? Or are flights from Oz exempt from that? 
... The risk is your return flight being seriously delayed or cancelled. Mainly due to Adelaide closing the other day though so 🤞🤞

Yes the airline says only a 5-hour transit in Singapore. I think transiting flights are exempt, but let me check to be sure.