Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

4 minutes ago, MajHam said:

Canโ€™t believe Iโ€™m writing this either! But I have also received 2nd VACย request this morning. Paying by BPay shortly so fingers crossed for a quick visa grant and Iโ€™ll be searching for flights to Perth! Woohoo!

Congrats. Your dates are very very close to mine ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž

4 minutes ago, MajHam said:

Canโ€™t believe Iโ€™m writing this either! But I have also received 2nd VACย request this morning. Paying by BPay shortly so fingers crossed for a quick visa grant and Iโ€™ll be searching for flights to Perth! Woohoo!

Congratulations to you.. where are you ย from (country)..

1 hour ago, Lady Jane said:

ย I canย hardly believe Iโ€™m writing this. 2nd VAC request receive today and paid via bpay. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Thank you to this group for keeping me sane (ish) during this awful year,ย Especially @Kathss56ย ( your turn very soon)ย 

ย 

Donโ€™t know if others are aware that when you pay via Bpay you donโ€™t need to increase personal daily limit to pay. The receiving businessย setsย the limit, I didnโ€™t know this until I contacted Westpac to increase my daily limitย 

Great news!ย  Whereabouts are you heading?

39 minutes ago, MajHam said:

ย Seems like thingsย ย are finally moving with processingย 

ย 

congratulations, we are Perth bound alsoย 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MajHam said:

Congratulations! You made it.ย 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lady Jane said:

ย Seems like thingsย ย are finally moving with processingย 

ย 

congratulations, we are Perth bound alsoย 

Thank you.ย We are good to go as soon as we can get a flight.....itโ€™s just finding one!

Edited by MajHam
Addition
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lady Jane said:

Perth, ย just a house to sell and a business to wind up first.ย 

How exciting!ย  Good luck with those things.ย  I think the housing market is pretty buoyant at the moment.ย  Perth seems to be the chosen place for all today's lucky people - let's hope the rest of the states will be as welcoming!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

Yep hope you donโ€™t have to pay business class on top of quarantineย 

100% itโ€™ll need to be business class as we want to go as soon as possible. We were there for quite some time on 600 visa and then had to leave our rental, dog, new granddaughterย and the rest of our familyย as time ran out on our 600 visa....ย and then there has been the COVID delays. Been away almost a year and just need to get back as soon as!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BargeUK said:

How exciting!ย  Good luck with those things.ย  I think the housing market is pretty buoyant at the moment.ย  Perth seems to be the chosen place for all today's lucky people - let's hope the rest of the states will be as welcoming!

Thank you, hope you hear something very soon ๐Ÿคž

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BargeUK said:

Brilliant!ย  Do you mind if I ask - have you already sold your house ready to go or were you waiting for this moment?ย  We can't decide whether to put ours on the market yet.......

Been renting for a year or two so just need to pack up things here. Will hopefully try to go out begining of February. One last Xmas in the UK!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lady Jane said:

ย I canย hardly believe Iโ€™m writing this. 2nd VAC request receive today and paid via bpay. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Thank you to this group for keeping me sane (ish) during this awful year,ย Especially @Kathss56ย ( your turn very soon)ย 

ย 

Donโ€™t know if others are aware that when you pay via Bpay you donโ€™t need to increase personal daily limit to pay. The receiving businessย setsย the limit, I didnโ€™t know this until I contacted Westpac to increase my daily limitย 

Congratulations!

ย 

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I haven't been active in the forum but have been watching everyone's progress closely.ย 

I am a dependant applicant in my parents' 143 application (my sister is the sponsor).ย 

Our visa acknowledgement date is 4 March 2016. Ourย AOS was approved in March 2020 and we submitted further documents for my dependancyย in early June 2020, and have been waiting for 2nd VAC request ever since.ย 

My parents are currently offshore while I am in Brisbane, studying my Master. My 23rd birthday is fast approaching, so it has been quite stressful waiting for THAT email.ย 

Hopefully we will hear something soon. Thank you everyone for keeping us posted.

Edited by KathyN
Typo

2 hours ago, KathyN said:

Hi everyone, I haven't been active in the forum but have been watching everyone's progress closely.ย 

I am a dependant applicant in my parents' 143 application (my sister is the sponsor).ย 

Our visa acknowledgement date is 4 March 2016. Ourย AOS was approved in March 2020 and we submitted further documents for my dependancyย in early June 2020, and have been waiting for 2nd VAC request ever since.ย 

My parents are currently offshore while I am in Brisbane, studying my Master. My 23rd birthday is fast approaching, so it has been quite stressful waiting for THAT email.ย 

Hopefully we will hear something soon. Thank you everyone for keeping us posted.

Really hope you get that email soon, itโ€™s such a great feeling after waiting for sooo long.ย 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KathyN said:

Due to the visa applied before November 2016 I don't think there is any age restriction for dependent, you should be ok as long as you are a full-time student at the time of decision.

My situation is tougher, my brother is finishing university this December and he doesn't want to study any more... all stuffed up!

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Bic Nguyen said:

Due to the visa applied before November 2016 I don't think there is any age restriction for dependent, you should be ok as long as you are a full-time student at the time of decision.

My situation is tougher, my brother is finishing university this December and he doesn't want to study any more... all stuffed up!

Thank you, that is very assuring!ย 

Maybe he can do a short term graduate diploma?ย 

Edited by KathyN
  • Thanks 1

Woohoo......visas granted! I canโ€™t update the tracker. Perhaps someone could do that for me?ย The very best of luck to everyone waiting. I really really hope things are starting to move. The stress is unbearable at times and as the department tell you nothing this forum has been the only way to find out whatโ€™s going on. Thanksย to everyone on here.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 7