Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

4 hours ago, Biggsy said:

I keep watching out for this too but not seen or heard of anyone being contacted for further info for quite a while now. Great news for the others recently granted though.

I seem to recall this happening this time last year. Lots of visa grants in November and December, then in January/February  onwards lots of requests for  more information. The auto response from immi ( updated 6th November ) says it assessing up to  May 2016. This hasn’t changed for months.  

• Congratulations 1

1 hour ago, Lady Jane said:

I seem to recall this happening this time last year. Lots of visa grants in November and December, then in January/February  onwards lots of requests for  more information. The auto response from immi ( updated 6th November ) says it assessing up to  May 2016. This hasn’t changed for months.  

Yes I remember that, nothing for ages then lots of activity.

On 12/11/2020 at 21:14, Kathss56 said:

ME TOOOO!!

2ND VAC REQUEST!!  Feels like a lifetime ago.....hmmm it was!! 
still won’t be valid for me until I can fly out of Oz but at least it’s there 👍😁

Good News! How long do you have to pay the 2nd VAC?

Hoping to hear something soon as well. 
I have a curvy one. Mom is here and Dad in NZ.  

5 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Our letter gave us 70 days to pay but we paid the same day and got the visas the next day.  Your mum will probably have to leave Australia before they will issue them but they'll tell you exactly what you need to do

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

70 days as if I’m offshore !! but most onshore seem to only have got 28 days. Am holding off payment at the moment. At least NZ can fly into here. I’m desperate to fly out to activate and hoping NZ will open but doubt it will before med and police expire!

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

70 days as if I’m offshore !! but most onshore seem to only have got 28 days. At least NZ can fly into here. I’m desperate to fly out to activate and hoping NZ will open but doubt it will before med and police expire!

I understand! Perhaps Singapore will open up before NZ will. Keep an eye out.

70 days as if I’m offshore !! but most onshore seem to only have got 28 days. At least NZ can fly into here. I’m desperate to fly out to activate and hoping NZ will open but doubt it will before med and police expire!

I don't suppose you're able to fly to NZ and hang around in the airport till they issue your visa and then fly back again are you?  Perhaps they have some kind of holding area for transit passengers?

Just now, MELBNGSM said:

I understand! Perhaps Singapore will open up before NZ will. Keep an eye out.

Could fly there but you have to stay in a Centre for 2 days for testing. Then I could fly back but might get bumped off the flight as seems to happen and then still have 2 weeks quarantine here which is more expense. Initial euphoria of visa wears off pretty quickly when you now have these problems. A few of us in the same boat! 

1 minute ago, BargeUK said:

I don't suppose you're able to fly to NZ and hang around in the airport till they issue your visa and then fly back again are you?  Perhaps they have some kind of holding area for transit passengers?

They wont clear the passenger for Immigration. Unless she gets an ETA to NZ they wont let her board the flight. 

1 minute ago, BargeUK said:

Still not open. NZ can fly here though. Jacinda wants Oz to go 28 days no community transmission before they open up to OZ!!

Still not open. NZ can fly here though. Jacinda wants Oz to go 28 days no community transmission before they open up to OZ!!

Wow!  She's certainly not taking any chances but kind of understandable I suppose.  You'd think with advanced testing there would be a way round it but hopefully the vaccine will save us all eventually

• Like 1

17 hours ago, El12 said:

Parents Visa Granted today! Application and acknowledgment 5 May 2016.

Good luck everybody!

Fantastic new. We have the same date of application acknowledgement date.
    I am hoping to hear something soon.
Would you mind telling the total amount you had to pay for second VAC for both your parents?

45 minutes ago, rtritudr said:

Singapore has been open to most Australians for three months.  It is now open to Victorians too.

Yes that’s correct. Technically as an Australian you cant leave the country unless special circumstances apply.
But I understand what you are trying to highlight. 
There is quarantine to think about for someone who comes back as a PR from Singapore though. 

2 hours ago, MELBNGSM said:

Yes that’s correct. Technically as an Australian you cant leave the country unless special circumstances apply.
But I understand what you are trying to highlight. 
There is quarantine to think about for someone who comes back as a PR from Singapore though. 

Also you have to do 2 days at a test centre in Singapore. Then hope your flight back isn’t cancelled and THAT is the big problem. I’d rather be stuck in the U.K. with my family than somewhere else  not knowing when you will on a flight back. You’d probably have to book business class to be honest. I’ve looked at it, would cost another $9k 🙄

11 hours ago, MELBNGSM said:

Fantastic new. We have the same date of application acknowledgement date.
    I am hoping to hear something soon.
Would you mind telling the total amount you had to pay for second VAC for both your parents?

The total amount is $87,200 for 2 people

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

6 hours ago, Thomas N said:

Congrats to everyone who has just got their visa!!! 🤩

I wonder if there is a similarity of countries whose got approved recently. I am seeing that UK residents are the majority...

This was originally a UK site as British  people are referred to as Poms by Australians - hence the name “Poms in Oz.”

Over the years it’s developed into a more worldwide forum but it’s likely there are still more Poms on here than other countries which is probably why you see more UK residents posting. Processing is all done in date order so there’s likely to be people in many other countries who have been granted their visa too. Asia probably has the highest number of parent applications. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thomas N said:

Congrats to everyone who has just got their visa!!! 🤩

I wonder if there is a similarity of countries whose got approved recently. I am seeing that UK residents are the majority...

I would have to agree, I can see on other places on internet that many applicants from asian countries like Vietnam,china,india from jan,feb,march 16 are still waiting on second vac while seeing May uk applicants are getting it. Thought only student visa had country levels.