Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

58 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Thanks for this. I did originally think another three years for my June 2017 application but that’s based on 6000 as you suggested. I do think it’s likely to be longer as they’re not  meeting the numbers they could give out. Think it’s been around 5600 recently. 

Could it be that the 5600 is the number of visas granted rather than the number of applications processed.  Just trying to be optimistic for you!

2 hours ago, Biggsy said:

Could it be that the 5600 is the number of visas granted rather than the number of applications processed.  Just trying to be optimistic for you!

Yes it’s the number granted so I guess that maybe there are  some refusals/dropouts etc to factor in as well.  Thank you for  being optimistic for me - it does seem to be harder to be optimistic the longer you wait !! I’m just trying to get on with my normal life and try not to obsess with it ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biggsy said:

Just updated this report so all the poor soles waiting in the queue can see where they stand.

The criteria assumes everyone with an application up to and including April 2016 has had a request for further docs.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to see progress for all these 143 visas, but I’m starting to become a little paranoid now.

Are there any other 173ers with Jan, Feb or March 2016 lodgement dates and are also still waiting to hear from immi? Have I missed the email? Have they lost my application?

Too many negative thoughts… I need more wine!

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great to see progress for all these 143 visas, but I’m starting to become a little paranoid now.

Are there any other 173ers with Jan, Feb or March 2016 lodgement dates and are also still waiting to hear from immi? Have I missed the email? Have they lost my application?

Too many negative thoughts… I need more wine!

Hi SusieRoo

This a snapshot of some of the 173 applications separated out from the 143/173 combined report I posted.  Seems strange that youv'e not heard anything yet.  But I suppose you would only hear of other 173ers if they were English speaking and on this forum.  Been a bit quiet for 143's too lately. Also I've noticed in the past with 143's that some are processed weeks out of application date sequence.  More wine is good! 🤪 🍷

173 Applications

2016  Month  Cumulative.
Mar     121       121
Apr      109       230
May     115      345
Jun      181      526
Aug       77       666
Sep       95       761
Oct     110        871
Nov    116        987
Dec      74     1,061
Jan       67    1,128
Feb       66    1,194
Mar      92     1,286
Apr       53     1,339
May      96     1,435

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biggsy said:

Hi SusieRoo

This a snapshot of some of the 173 applications separated out from the 143/173 combined report I posted.  Seems strange that youv'e not heard anything yet.  But I suppose you would only hear of other 173ers if they were English speaking and on this forum.  Been a bit quiet for 143's too lately. Also I've noticed in the past with 143's that some are processed weeks out of application date sequence.  More wine is good! 🤪 🍷

Thank you for the information. I appreciate how much time you’ve been putting into preparing all of the pervious lists. It’s a pity we didn’t have data like this a few years ago, as it would have saved a lot of disappointment. It’s much better to have a realistic timeframe for the CPV process and it’s a disgrace that immi doesn’t disclose the full extent of the queue length to new applicants.

1 minute ago, SusieRoo said:

Thank you for the information. I appreciate how much time you’ve been putting into preparing all of the pervious lists. It’s a pity we didn’t have data like this a few years ago, as it would have saved a lot of disappointment. It’s much better to have a realistic timeframe for the CPV process and it’s a disgrace that immi doesn’t disclose the full extent of the queue length to new applicants.

It's really no trouble at all. I extracted the data and designed the report template a while back. Now I just have to tick a box or two, enter a couple of dates and the result pops up on the screen within seconds.  As you say it's a shame immi don't publish the queue data,  they could easily do it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Thanks Kath!

I mean yes - My parents have not been asked to supply this form in request for furtjer details . I initially thought they would have to; but maybe immigration already have enough information for them. Who knows maybe they will say ....OH! please also send us form 80 later !!!

We are 3 siblings (1 citizen OZ, 1 PR OZ in UK atm, 1 PR NZ) and my parents spend time between OZ, NZ, UK and our country of origin (very limited in last 5 years). 

I already have all 3 x Police checks 😄 .... just waiting to get my Mom's NZ conviction check and Mom & Dad's Health check done; then we are done.

Hoping to send all docs by 16 March 2020 and if all goes smoothly should have PR by mid April !

image.png.54a38924ff561b6d0c43aa2b791bbe17.png

6 hours ago, MELBNGSM said:

Hi there.

Can you explain : two medical done 11/02/2020 (one referral to GP high blood pressure)

Want to know what the "referral to GP high blood pressure means?"

TIA 🙂

Her blood pressure was taken 3 times during the medical and each time it was above their acceptable level , lowest of the readings 135/105 so she was referred back to her own doctor for further tests for blood pressure and also blood test for kidney function . She passed both tests at our surgery who reported the new results to the medical centre . 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

Her blood pressure was taken 3 times during the medical and each time it was above their acceptable level , lowest of the readings 135/105 so she was referred back to her own doctor for further tests for blood pressure and also blood test for kidney function . She passed both tests at our surgery who reported the new results to the medical centre . 

okay! Thanks so much for that insight.

What are the things they check ? Just want them to be prepared. 

- Blood Pressure ?

- Urine test ?

- Chest X-ray ? 

- General medical examination ? what are they looking for? 

My parents take medications for Blood Pressure and Diabetes.

I agree it’s strange that @MELBNGSM parents were not asked to complete Form 80.  My husband and I had to complete this form - we have three children, all in Australia- two are citizens and one is PR (who is married to an Australian).  Will be interested to see if you receive you PR by your estimate of mid-April. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

okay! Thanks so much for that insight.

What are the things they check ? Just want them to be prepared. 

- Blood Pressure ?

- Urine test ?

- Chest X-ray ? 

- General medical examination ? what are they looking for? 

My parents take medications for Blood Pressure and Diabetes.

Medical checks , blood pressure , hiv blood test , chest X-ray , urine , weight , height , ears , medical history , medication , stomach examination , leg & feet examination , reflexes , women breast check , eye test .

They are trying to ascertain any future costs to Australia for treatment .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysVet said:

I've just got a message that our AoS has been accepted since 2/3.  What a relief!  Our application process is a bit slow, but at least, has made another step.  

That’s good to hear, I apply for my parents since 3/3/16 and received AOS accept letter on 12/2/20 until now we still waiting for 2 vac. Hopefully, we will hear the good news soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Alice___ said:

That’s good to hear, I apply for my parents since 3/3/16 and received AOS accept letter on 12/2/20 until now we still waiting for 2 vac. Hopefully, we will hear the good news soon!

Just cross our fingers.  I'm sure that you will be contacted very soon.

Hi,

I've been following this topic for quite some time, and now I can finally contribute. We've just received request for more information and AoS for subclass 143 application lodged on 12th of May 2016. So things are definitely moving!

Yegor

• Congratulations 6

On 07/03/2020 at 15:22, Alice___ said:

Hey Alice,i got my aos bond accepted the same day as you, i am still waiting for the 2nd vac request and there are some butterflies in stomach,Have you received any update as it has been like 28 days since then

5 minutes ago, nitz said:

Hey Alice,i got my aos bond accepted the same day as you, i am still waiting for the 2nd vac request and there are some butterflies in stomach,Have you received any update as it has been like 28 days since then

No, not yet, we’re still waiting. Anyway, fingers cross and keep praying everyday and I’ll update if I have any good news.

2 hours ago, Alice___ said:

No, not yet, we’re still waiting. Anyway, fingers cross and keep praying everyday and I’ll update if I have any good news.

Hey,thanks,yeah same patiently waiting ,i will let you know if any update comes.Hope we get through the line soon.

Hi Everyone

New member to this site but have been following for while which has been a great help.  Waiting for CPV. Lodgement date 8 April 2016 (Acknowledged 13 April 2016)

Still waiting for the e mail for more information from PVC.

Interesting to see May 2016 applicants getting asked. Anyone else in April still waiting??

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Hi Everyone

New member to this site but have been following for while which has been a great help.  Waiting for CPV. Lodgement date 8 April 2016 (Acknowledged 13 April 2016)

Still waiting for the e mail for more information from PVC.

Interesting to see May 2016 applicants getting asked. Anyone else in April still waiting??

I think this info may be worth looking at. 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qdUJtvi43-4Ma76iDQWtT3Dv2KK4HxA1lvQzeAB2MOE/edit#gid=0

On 06/03/2020 at 15:46, Biggsy said:

Just updated this report so all the poor soles waiting in the queue can see where they stand.

The criteria assumes everyone with an application up to and including April 2016 has had a request for further docs.

The original source of this data (link in the report) was from a freedom of information request someone submitted. It only covers applications up to the end of April 2019.  If anyone can find a more recent similar document at any point please let me know. I will be more than happy to include that data and continue to post updates here after my own visa has been granted.  Based on a quota of around 6000 visas per year you can foecast approximately when you might be contacted for further docs. Providing of course the quota doesn't change and processing doesn't pause for any reason!

CPV Lodged Date Report as of 06 March 2020.pdf

This is so good, thank you!

Can you please clarify if the cumulative number is the number of applications in queue or the number of applicants (primary+secondary)?