Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

42 minutes ago, Arti said:

This is so good, thank you!

Can you please clarify if the cumulative number is the number of applications in queue or the number of applicants (primary+secondary)?

Applications in the queue. Applications are presumably assessed in date order irrespective of the number of applicants included in each.

37 minutes ago, KittyMB said:

Applications in the queue. Applications are presumably assessed in date order irrespective of the number of applicants included in each.

Ah right. Also wouldn't the 143 applications also include those that have already secured the 173 and have now applied to transition to the permanent visa?

The reason I ask is because on the migration report it states that the number of visa grants does not include those instances where the temporary to permanent conversion happened. I.e. the 173 grants get counted only once.

1 hour ago, Arti said:

Ah right. Also wouldn't the 143 applications also include those that have already secured the 173 and have now applied to transition to the permanent visa?

The reason I ask is because on the migration report it states that the number of visa grants does not include those instances where the temporary to permanent conversion happened. I.e. the 173 grants get counted only once.

I'm not sure how immi count those,  always wondered about that myself.  Don't forget these are the number of applications which will differ slightly from the numbers granted. There aren't actually that many 173's included in those figures anyway.  Out of the 39,559 total shown at the end of that report only 2,097 are 173's (5.25%)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biggsy said:

I'm not sure how immi count those,  always wondered about that myself.  Don't forget these are the number of applications which will differ slightly from the numbers granted. There aren't actually that many 173's included in those figures anyway.  Out of the 39,559 total shown at the end of that report only 2,097 are 173's (5.25%)

Well, yes, you are right. I am trying to find ways to remain positive on the timelines I guess 😞

The queue only keeps getting longer. I wonder what led to the massive spike in number of applicants in 2016-2017.

Edited by Arti

2 minutes ago, Arti said:

Well, yes, you are right. I am trying to find ways to remain positive on the timelines I guess 😞

The queue only keeps getting longer. I wonder what led to the massive spike in number of applicants in 2016-2017.

The then government decided to do away with the non contributory parent visa's which then led to a mass rush of panicked CPV 143 applications. The change was then rejected by the senate (I believe) and the non contributory visa re-instated but those 143 applications are still in the queue. 

6 minutes ago, purplealster said:

The then government decided to do away with the non contributory parent visa's which then led to a mass rush of panicked CPV 143 applications. The change was then rejected by the senate (I believe) and the non contributory visa re-instated but those 143 applications are still in the queue. 

I thought it was 2014 when all that with the 804 happened?  .The reason I was given was that there was an lot of talk (even among agents) around the possibility  that the second visa charge of $43600 was going to be greatly increased from  the July following a Productivity   review.  

5 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I thought it was 2014 when all that with the 804 happened?  .The reason I was given was that there was an lot of talk (even among agents) around the possibility  that the second visa charge of $43600 was going to be greatly increased from  the July following a Productivity   review.  

I think you are right , it was 2014/15 with the threat of 103,s being removed there was a spike of almost 10k in the 103 queue in 2015 .

12 minutes ago, Spikey said:

Wow.  Always wondered why there was such a spike.  Hopefully most of those double applications will now fall away.  We can always hope!

I don’t think they will fall away because your 2nd visa charge is fixed as of the date you apply. So people will stay because it could go up for later applicants. They will also stay because non contributory  visas now have a wait time of 30 years. 
Some could drop out though through death or lack of money or failure of Medicals but think most would stay. 

They are not “double”  applications as you have to withdraw from one visa to apply for another. 

I stand corrected - that was much earlier than 2016.  However a spike in numbers usually means that a regulation is about to change for a certain visa class. I have done a look on google and it seems that there was a change in Nov 2016 with regards to including adult children / children as dependents to certain visa's the 143 included - the age limit was changed to 23. Alot of Indian and Asian families still have 'dependent' children up to that age on their visa applications. These nationalities make up the majority of these visa applications so you will probably find they form the the bulk of the visa applicants trying to apply before the change. 

On 06/03/2020 at 12:16, Bic Nguyen said:

Hi Nat, Have you got requested for 2nd Vac? ( I saw in the spreadsheet) 

your timeframe and mine are pretty much the same and I haven’t heard back from them yet! 

This waiting game is killing me!!!!! 

Hey Bic, nope not yet - radio silence! All docs have been uploaded long ago and AOS accepted so just waiting...

• Thanks 1

Oh no, can’t believe it.  Request for 2VAC  just received this afternoon.  What a great news!  Thank you very very much for the supports from this group.  I wish all the best for everyone who is waiting and hope that it will be your turn very soon!

Edited by AlwaysVet
  • Congratulations 9

1 hour ago, AlwaysVet said:

Oh no, can’t believe it.  Request for 2VAC  just received this afternoon.  What a great news!  Thank you very very much for the supports from this group.  I wish all the best for everyone who is waiting and hope that it will be your turn very soon!

Big congratulations! I’m so happy for you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysVet said:

So happy mate,i hope you get through soon,and i think we should be next @Alice___

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Waiting patiently for AOS acceptance letter, Son in law gets a text  on 11th March saying AOS rejected as not paid in time. He goes to centrelink, waiting 90 minutes to be told that he needs to ring AOS processing centre in Tasmania as paperwork is on system! Centrelink can't call as they are now closed due to time difference. Son in law rings 1st thing on the 12th, waits 80 minutes on hold (after being cut off once after 30 minutes on hold). Told it will be reviewed and he will get a call back before close of business on the 13th, no phone call. centrelink are a nightmare 

21 minutes ago, Lady Jane said:

Waiting patiently for AOS acceptance letter, Son in law gets a text  on 11th March saying AOS rejected as not paid in time. He goes to centrelink, waiting 90 minutes to be told that he needs to ring AOS processing centre in Tasmania as paperwork is on system! Centrelink can't call as they are now closed due to time difference. Son in law rings 1st thing on the 12th, waits 80 minutes on hold (after being cut off once after 30 minutes on hold). Told it will be reviewed and he will get a call back before close of business on the 13th, no phone call. centrelink are a nightmare 

Did he upload the BG request letter as well as bond certificate ?

Thank you but the text said it was rejected as nothing received by them and they have confirmed on the phone they have got it, so its just a case of them missing it. not sure how. Im sure this has happened to others in the past, I can remember seeing a couple of posts 

3 minutes ago, Lady Jane said:

Thank you but the text said it was rejected as nothing received by them and they have confirmed on the phone they have got it, so its just a case of them missing it. not sure how. Im sure this has happened to others in the past, I can remember seeing a couple of posts 

Yes it has happened to quite a few. It always gets sorted. Some choose to fill the SS351  form in rather than relying on a phone call 

Edited by Kathss56