Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

Hi everyone, so I've just received an email from immi (see attached screenshot). How do I go about updating my details (sponsor) for my mom's application? When I searched the immi website it only shows form 929 which for the applicant. Is there another form that I could use to update details of myself?

Screenshot_20230601_161806_Outlook.jpg

3 minutes ago, thinh7tn said:

Hi everyone, so I've just received an email from immi (see attached screenshot). How do I go about updating my details (sponsor) for my mom's application? When I searched the immi website it only shows form 929 which for the applicant. Is there another form that I could use to update details of myself?

Good question - you can always call them (or email them) for the most up to date form to use for changing sponsor details.

Did you get this because your application is close to the queue -- when did you lodge? They are currently processing contributory parent visas from May 2017 lodgement dates

1 minute ago, tostar said:

Good question - you can always call them (or email them) for the most up to date form to use for changing sponsor details.

Did you get this because your application is close to the queue -- when did you lodge? They are currently processing contributory parent visas from May 2017 lodgement dates

I don’t know if this is a valid email or not. On social media loads  of people have reported receiving it including people who have already had their visa GRANTED ! 

@Alan Collett can you shed any light on this??

5 minutes ago, tostar said:

Ok sure I will give them a call tomorrow morning.

Yes I think so. I applied for her June 2017 so fingers crossed it'll be soon!

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I don’t know if this is a valid email or not. On social media loads  of people have reported receiving it including people who have already had their visa GRANTED ! 

@Alan Collett can you shed any light on this??

Oh really? It seems to be a valid email coming from immi. Well I really hope it is. All of us have been waiting for too long already haven't we.

1 minute ago, thinh7tn said:

Ok sure I will give them a call tomorrow morning.

Yes I think so. I applied for her June 2017 so fingers crossed it'll be soon!

Oh really? It seems to be a valid email coming from immi. Well I really hope it is. All of us have been waiting for too long already haven't we.

I always thought any communication would go via your agent and not directly to you that’s why there’s doubt 

Of course if you don’t have an agent then I don’t know!  

1 minute ago, LindaH27 said:

I always thought any communication would go via your agent and not directly to you that’s why there’s doubt 

Of course if you don’t have an agent then I don’t know!  

I lodged the application myself and the acknowledgement was emailed to me directly 🙂

2 minutes ago, thinh7tn said:

I lodged the application myself and the acknowledgement was emailed to me directly 🙂

People with agents also got it  directly - which is quite odd .as communications usually go via agent in that case 

Edited by LindaH27

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

People with agents also got it  directly - which is quite odd .as communications usually go via agent in that case 

Many people got it. The agent have said that even those who got the grant received this email. Hence, I won't be too excited if I receive this email 

17 minutes ago, muz068 said:

Many people got it. The agent have said that even those who got the grant received this email. Hence, I won't be too excited if I receive this email 

I’m not excited - I was more concerned in case it was a hack! 
I actually think they’re looking to see if they can get rid of any because they no longer meet the criteria after waiting for so many years or if people have died  etc. After 1 June 2018 they check them and give a queue date. Prior to that it was the lodgement date with no check until nearly at processing stage. So maybe they’re checking them now with the govt due to announce any changes in parent visas later this year ! 

• Like 1

I have to say this is not a particularly well thought through exercise.

We have had emails for clients sent to incorrect email addresses - I am aware of at least one in our portfolio where the email was sent to a previously appointed advisor.

Indeed, the inevitable question that arises from these emails is what information does the Department have on file that might need updating?

Not the best use of the Department's time, in my opinion.

Best regards.

16 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I have to say this is not a particularly well thought through exercise.

We have had emails for clients sent to incorrect email addresses - I am aware of at least one in our portfolio where the email was sent to a previously appointed advisor.

Indeed, the inevitable question that arises from these emails is what information does the Department have on file that might need updating?

Not the best use of the Department's time, in my opinion.

Best regards.

I’ve just received a second email saying exactly the same thing! I’m hoping they’ve not had a cyber attack - which appears to be happening a lot. Apparently Accro  police have also had a cyber attack 

2 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

I’ve just received a second email saying exactly the same thing! I’m hoping they’ve not had a cyber attack - which appears to be happening a lot. Apparently Accro  police have also had a cyber attack 

I can confirm the email is legitimate as I have seen a copy.

It is correct client file number details and clear instructions to not reply to the email. All links in the email link to immigration website and no scam content present.

It also says to "Please disregard this email if your application has been finalised"  which indicates it was a blanket email to all parent visa applications.

3 minutes ago, tostar said:

I can confirm the email is legitimate as I have seen a copy.

It is correct client file number details and clear instructions to not reply to the email. All links in the email link to immigration website and no scam content present.

It also says to "Please disregard this email if your application has been finalised"  which indicates it was a blanket email to all parent visa applications.

Then why have I received a second email??

I have also seen a post where they said the links in the email didn’t work ! 

Edited by LindaH27

Today is a good day.  I have received my 143 visa.

Application February 2017
Request for medicals/police clearance/AoS November 2022 - all submitted Nov/Dec 22.           
Request for second payment last week and payment made.  Visa granted 1st June.

Grateful to Alan Collett and his team at Go Matilda.  They have been fantastic.  Excellence at its best.  

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 10

3 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Request for medicals/police clearance/AoS November 2022 - all submitted Nov/Dec 22.           

Grateful to Alan Collett and his team at Go Matilda.  They have been fantastic.  Excellence at its best.  

Oh Tulip , what fantastic news!! Finally. Enjoy your new  life. 🍾
I’m  only 4  months behind you but looking at another 18 months - stuck in the nightmare that is May and June 2017 but thrilled to hear your news. 

• Thanks 1

On 01/06/2023 at 18:12, thinh7tn said:

Hi, did you find the way to update sponsor details?

thanks a lot

On 03/06/2023 at 03:26, Tulip1 said:

Congratulations! So happy for you. Hopefully ours will be finalised very soon but we're in the June 2017 batch so 🫠

On 05/06/2023 at 14:36, Pavz59 said:

Hi, did you find the way to update sponsor details?

thanks a lot

I just got off the phone with them. They said we can use form 929 or 1022. Form 929 can be used to update both applicant's and sponsor's details apparently 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/06/2023 at 10:07, thinh7tn said:

I just got off the phone with them. They said we can use form 929 or 1022. Form 929 can be used to update both applicant's and sponsor's details apparently 🤷‍♀️

@thinh7tn But form 929 is all about updating the applicant's details? Have you submitted yours to update the sponsor's details and has immi accepted it? Thanks

Hi everyone 

My mom and my sister (dependent over 18) have granted visa 173 last year. Now, they are living in Australia with me and we are going to apply for visa 143 by ourselves. My questions are:

1/ My sister need to be a dependent (under family’s sponsorship) to apply from 173 to 143 or not? Because in her visa, their only have one condition is “not marry before first entry”

2/ If my sister doesn’t study and she goes to work, can she get visa 143 granted?

If anyone had the same situation or experienced about this can help us?

Many thanks

Hi All,

Does the below apply for 143 or 804 or both?

The applicant:

(i)  does not hold a Subclass 870 (Sponsored Parent (Temporary)) visa; and

(ii)  if the applicant held such a visa--has left Australia since that visa ceased to be in effect.

Also, where can I find the latest Migration Regulations 1994 Schedule 1? 

Any help is appreciated

Edited by Anks
more info

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

Subclass 143 Application Date - 14/11/2018

Received Queue Date email today after 5 years. I know this doesn't change much, but glad to see that they are at least looking at the applications and assigning queue dates.

I still haven't received anything else besides acknowledgement email 😧 lodged June 2017.