AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

1. Date applied: 12th September 2016
  2. City/Council area: Stonnington Council (Victoria)
  3. Online / Paper: Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 12th September 2016
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 21st October 2016 (Melbourne office)
  6. Date of ceremony: 26th January 2017
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal): Normal

Received my ceremony invitation letter today! 102 candidates invited to this ceremony according to Stonnington Council.

Hi Chandan, you've alerted me to the fact I too have done this. I called them and she said to fill in form 1023 and upload to my online application. I will also bring a copy to my test later this week. Not sure why I ticked that box, I don't want to be on tv but I'll be waiting for many months if I can't do an Australia Day ceremony!

Hi Chandan, you've alerted me to the fact I too have done this. I called them and she said to fill in form 1023 and upload to my online application. I will also bring a copy to my test later this week. Not sure why I ticked that box, I don't want to be on tv but I'll be waiting for many months if I can't do an Australia Day ceremony!

Great... i rang my local council.. they said they dnt have any ceremonies that attract media attention and january 26 is full anyway.

Great... i rang my local council.. they said they dnt have any ceremonies that attract media attention and january 26 is full anyway.

That's good to hear. I sent an email to my CO to let them know I had uploaded the form, I received a reply saying it had been changed. I live in a small remote town that doesn't do ceremonies very often so hopefully they have space for aus day.

Hello all,

i am going to apply for my citizenship this month. I have some issues, if any one can help me would be appreciated.

The thing is now i have seperated with my wife but not Divorced yet. Its been a year since we are living separate.

When i go through the citizenship application i couldn"t see any were they are asking for my Martial status. Only thing i can see in the application is question 34 where they asked for associate family. Should i mention my wife details there?? I am confused with my status now. if any one come across this situation or if any of you have any knowledge of this situation please guide me . Thx in advance.

I am not a migration agent but I would definitely say yes to that - if she's legally your wife now, then she is associated family now. Doesn't matter if you live together or not.

Citizenship test tomorrow, please could somebody confirm what documents I need to bring? I've got drivers license, Centrelink card, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, bill/bank state to confirm address, passports fo kids, birth certificate for kids. Id form was already posted and received. Am I missing anything? Tests make me nervous but I've studied so hope I'll be fine.

Citizenship test tomorrow, please could somebody confirm what documents I need to bring? I've got drivers license, Centrelink card, passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, bill/bank state to confirm address, passports fo kids, birth certificate for kids. Id form was already posted and received. Am I missing anything? Tests make me nervous but I've studied so hope I'll be fine.

Hi @leanie

Have to take originals of all the documents that were used as evidence in the application. They seem to be checking identity from home country and local documents. Local documents were easy. I got my birth certificate laminated a few years ago. The CO said, it's much harder to verify authenticity if it's laminated and asked me if I had any more documents. I didn't have any on me at the time but seems to have worked out. So if you have any other identity documents then take them with you.

The test is super easy to say the least. Do the questions from the official pdf, have a play of the youtube videos and off you go. Good luck.

I did have a try of these unofficial test websites - some of the questions are not part of the testable content so don't worry if you don't get them all

http://www.aussiecitizenshiptest.com/free-test/1

http://www.theaustraliantest.com/free-test/

The test is super easy to say the least. Do the questions from the official pdf, have a play of the youtube videos and off you go. Good luck.

I did have a try of these unofficial test websites - some of the questions are not part of the testable content so don't worry if you don't get them all

http://www.aussiecitizenshiptest.com/free-test/1

http://www.theaustraliantest.com/free-test/

Good luck leanie, hope it all goes well.

As for the test, have to agree I used numerous online tests like toOZ2012 mentioned as was a little shocked by the actual test. In and out between 5- 10 mins!

Good luck leanie, hope it all goes well.

As for the test, have to agree I used numerous online tests like toOZ2012 mentioned as was a little shocked by the actual test. In and out between 5- 10 mins!

Thanks Tooz and Evets, I too have done many of the free online tests and that's why I'm a little worried, even though I've studied quite a bit every now and again I come across a question I'm sure wasn't in our common bond and I find myself reading it again to check! Hopefully it's straightforward questions without answers that want to trick you! All of our birth certificates are not laminated although one kid has one with pictures on it but it is their only birth certificate (it's from NZ) and is a legal document. My aus born kid has 2 birth certificates but the one with pictures cannot be used as a legal document.

Thanks Tooz and Evets, I too have done many of the free online tests and that's why I'm a little worried, even though I've studied quite a bit every now and again I come across a question I'm sure wasn't in our common bond and I find myself reading it again to check! Hopefully it's straightforward questions without answers that want to trick you! All of our birth certificates are not laminated although one kid has one with pictures on it but it is their only birth certificate (it's from NZ) and is a legal document. My aus born kid has 2 birth certificates but the one with pictures cannot be used as a legal document.

I found that also after I sat the test. The online tests appear/are harder than the actual test. I was in the same position, sitting there reviewing my notes and documents. Was shocked at the actual outcome. Better to be more prepared than not.

Hi Naburn have you heard anything yet? I applied online at the end of June

, it went through to regional WA. I only heard from them recently and have my test this week at Centrelink!

Hi Leanie,

I gave them a call last week, they are already reviewing my application but still no official response.

Goldyshell,

Nothing yet, I gave them a call and they told me that it could take up to 9 months!

Let's wait and see...

Hi, I applied on the 24th October and we are also Bunbury area.

Have you had any luck? Was hoping for Australia Day ceremony

FINAL UPDATE: At last, we attended the ceremony last night. And we are the Australian citizens! :D

Date applied: 21/07/2016

Council: Greater Dandenong

Online/Paper: Online

Acknowledgement Email: 21/07/2016

Citizenship Test: 29/08/2016 (Initially it was scheduled for 27/09/2016)

Date of Approval: 29/08/2016

Date of Ceremony: 07/12/2016

Hi Leanie,

I gave them a call last week, they are already reviewing my application but still no official response.

If if has gone to the regional WA office and think there must be a delay with processing the applications. I'm sure you'll hear from them really soon though.

Yea, its asking for spouce or De facto relation also. For this do we need to produce martiage certificate as well??

you only need to provide a marriage certificate if you have changed your name because of marriage. It's the link between your maiden name and your married name. If you haven't changed your name no need to provide it.

My hubby and I have just applied for Citizenship ( currently on a PR visa in Queensland) and have sent all the documents required but immigration are not happy with our birth certs we sent ( born in the 70's). They are saying we have provided a short/extract certificate. It doesn't have our parents names on there and its not apparently considered a full UK birth certificate!!!! but this is all we have and have ever had.

Has anyone gone through this drama and can offer any advice please ?