AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

I'm still facing some delays with regards to the citizenship ceremony. I called DIBP to see what's happening as it has gone quiet. After pushing for an answer they've said I'm provisionally down for Feb 20th, hopefully I get the letter soon.

Date applied - 4/7/2016

City/Council area - City of Whitehorse (Melbourne)

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 4/7/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 23/8/2016

Approval letter dated - 26/9/2016

Date of ceremony - Provisionally Feb 20th, won't be confirmed until I get a letter

Hi All,

I understand birth certificate is one of the required documents for citizenship application, what if you don't have it and its not possible to get it:

- Is there any alternative option?

- Has anyone applied without birth certificate? Any complications etc.?

Appreciate your feedback

Cheers,

FB

I had my citizenship test on 8th December. I've since heard nothing so called the dept. My application has not been approved yet and no time frame can be given. No hope for the Australia Day ceremony then and the wait continues :sad:

Can you email your case officer for an update or is that not allowed/a waste of time?

Hi All,

I understand birth certificate is one of the required documents for citizenship application, what if you don't have it and its not possible to get it:

- Is there any alternative option?

- Has anyone applied without birth certificate? Any complications etc.?

Appreciate your feedback

Cheers,

FB

Hi < I have applied with out birth certificate, i have my class 10 marks sheet with all the details in it. i am still waiting for response, i applied on 15th Dec and still waiting for reply;

Hi < I have applied with out birth certificate, i have my class 10 marks sheet with all the details in it. i am still waiting for response, i applied on 15th Dec and still waiting for reply;

Hi Nani,

Thanks for the reply

I assume this is high school's certificate you are referring to? Please keep us posted with their feedback on it

Cheers,

FB

Hi,

I applied Citizenship Application at 25th of December 2016, got acknowledgement same day 25th of December 2016.

After that i did not get any response from IMMI. How long take confirm the test of day?

I applied on 20th Dec 2016 and got acknowledgement same day... Then after BIG silence till date.......

One of my colleague applied on 13th Dec 2016 and he got an email on 30th Dec for test date which is on 18th of April 2017....

Can you email your case officer for an update or is that not allowed/a waste of time?

Hi @leanie I don't know how you got the e-mail address of your citizenship application CO? The lady that handled my application at DIAC office in Perth said someone will process my application for the final approval. I called the general hotline after 2 weeks and was told on the phone that it was recently approved, the letter came a bit later.

The holiday season makes everything sloooow. May have to give it a week or two before things get back to normal.

Hi @leanie I don't know how you got the e-mail address of your citizenship application CO? The lady that handled my application at DIAC office in Perth said someone will process my application for the final approval. I called the general hotline after 2 weeks and was told on the phone that it was recently approved, the letter came a bit later.

The holiday season makes everything sloooow. May have to give it a week or two before things get back to normal.

I just assumed the person that emailed from diac country was my case officer but maybe not. I'll hopefully have some news over the coming weeks. The lady over the phone was so unfriendly, I thought it was pretty reasonable to ask how my application was going a month after passing the test, she seemed to think otherwise! Have you got a date for your ceremony yet Tooz?

I just assumed the person that emailed from diac country was my case officer but maybe not. I'll hopefully have some news over the coming weeks. The lady over the phone was so unfriendly, I thought it was pretty reasonable to ask how my application was going a month after passing the test, she seemed to think otherwise! Have you got a date for your ceremony yet Tooz?

it's next week. Hoooooooray.

Hang in there - the holiday season is over, things will be back to normal speed.

Guys, I got approval letter in mid October, and still haven't received any ceremony invitation letter from my council. I was hoping to get invited for 26 Jan. My council is Marion council, SA.

Is any one else waiting to receive invitation from this council?

Who should I talk to about this? Any ideas?

Guys, I got approval letter in mid October, and still haven't received any ceremony invitation letter from my council. I was hoping to get invited for 26 Jan. My council is Marion council, SA.

Is any one else waiting to receive invitation from this council?

Who should I talk to about this? Any ideas?

Call the citizenship helpline and they shld tell your ceremony date if allocated.I got mine the same way.Expecting mail confirmation soon.

ElToro Thanks for sharing your timeline. Good to know that Whitehorse Council isn't that bad considering the test date. Your ceremony date should be on 26th Jan Australia day.

I'm still facing some delays with regards to the citizenship ceremony. I called DIBP to see what's happening as it has gone quiet. After pushing for an answer they've said I'm provisionally down for Feb 20th, hopefully I get the letter soon.

Date applied - 4/7/2016

City/Council area - City of Whitehorse (Melbourne)

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - 4/7/2016

Date of the Citizenship Test - 23/8/2016

Approval letter dated - 26/9/2016

Date of ceremony - Provisionally Feb 20th, won't be confirmed until I get a letter

Hi guys,

I have a question relating applying citizenship. In the application it mentions proof of residential address by providing utilities bills or rent contract. The question is if I rent the place as a sub-tenant and only pay bills to the head tenant. Therefore I don't have any bills in my name and my rent contract is only between me and the main tenant - Not with the landlord. In that case, can I still submit that contract as proof?

Does anyone have the same experience?

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have a question relating applying citizenship. In the application it mentions proof of residential address by providing utilities bills or rent contract. The question is if I rent the place as a sub-tenant and only pay bills to the head tenant. Therefore I don't have any bills in my name and my rent contract is only between me and the main tenant - Not with the landlord. In that case, can I still submit that contract as proof?

Does anyone have the same experience?

Thanks

I think you can get a Stat declaration saying you are renting in that property and get it attested.