AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Got my ceremony invite a couple days ago for Brisbane. Ceremony is in a suburban high school and not City Hall which I was surprised at.

Date applied - 7/7/2016

City/Council area - Brisbane City Council

Online / Paper - Online

Date received the acknowledgement email - Not received. But got letter 20th July

Date of the Citizenship Test - 16/8/2016

Approval letter dated - 31/8/2016 but received 5th Sep

Date of ceremony - 26th January 2017

Hi mate, could you tell me if your online immi account shows a different status once you've been approved? Mine still says "application received" so just wondering. Thanks!

Just locked myself out because I couldn't remember my password! My account wouldn't be the best indicator anyway. The system screwed it up and I managed to find myself in a situation where they wouldn't send out letters because I requested email notification, but they didn't have an email address to send electronic stuff to (they did but not in the right part of the form). Took me a while to sort out

Just locked myself out because I couldn't remember my password! My account wouldn't be the best indicator anyway. The system screwed it up and I managed to find myself in a situation where they wouldn't send out letters because I requested email notification, but they didn't have an email address to send electronic stuff to (they did but not in the right part of the form). Took me a while to sort out

Thanks! Sorry to hear you locked yourself out... :-/

Anyone else waiting for the ceremony that could answer if their immi account status is different? I'm asking because I won't have access to my mailbox over the holidays and I'm wondering if it's worth checking the online system or it never changes. Thanks!

Thanks! Sorry to hear you locked yourself out... :-/

Anyone else waiting for the ceremony that could answer if their immi account status is different? I'm asking because I won't have access to my mailbox over the holidays and I'm wondering if it's worth checking the online system or it never changes. Thanks!

Am waiting for ceremony but online status didnt change.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

Council: city of boroondara (Melbourn)

Online/Paper: Online

Date applied: 20/12/2016

Citizenship Test: ?

Date of Approval: ?

Date of Ceremony: ?

Do I need to apply police clearance check?

After your PR if you stayed out of country for more than 90 days yo need Police clearance . Else case officer will let you know.

Hello Everyone,

Date applied: 09/12/2016

Citizenship Test: 03/04/2017 (Called to reschedule but no earlier date. Should I call them once or more again?)

Date of Approval: :jiggy:

Date of Ceremony: :SLEEP:

Edited by Rexie

Hello Everyone,

Date applied: 09/12/2016

Citizenship Test: 03/04/2017 (Called to reschedule but no earlier date. Should I call them once or more again?)

Date of Approval: :jiggy:

Date of Ceremony: :SLEEP:

I'd say keep calling. There are cancellations in Sydney ALL the time.

Got my approval guys.... asked for ceremony.. thy said. No date has been assigned... will be in next 6 months ..... sigh

Congratulations.

When you go for test did they ask for your Birth certificate?? i don't have my Birth certificate. i have only my class 10 Marks memo with me. Is it mandatory to carry Birth certificate??