AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding the calculation of residence requirement.

Are the days when one departs and returns in Australia counted towards the fulfillment of residence requirement?

I called up DIBP but the officer was not able to provide a straight answer.

Regards, John

Hello Below is my timeline from Melbourne - Wyndham City council. Haven't received a date yet for the exam. Is there anyone who have applied around the same time and received the test invite ? Also would like to know, this is only for Melbourne right now I think , to re-schedule exams a new portal has been created, no more need to call DIBP to check for free slots. https://appointments.border.gov.au/ The website mentions that you need the ClientID to login. They say "The client ID is an eleven digit number that was assigned to you when you lodged your citizenship application. Your client ID would have been included in any correspondence you would have received from the department regarding your citizenship application." I am unable to locate the Client ID . Anybody know where to look for this one .

Date applied/lodged: 10 Jan 2017 - online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 10 Jan 2017

Date of citizenship test invite email: tba

Date of citizenship test: tba

Date of approval letter: tba

Date of ceremony invite: tba

Date of ceremony: tba

Hello Below is my timeline from Melbourne - Wyndham City council. Haven't received a date yet for the exam. Is there anyone who have applied around the same time and received the test invite ? Also would like to know, this is only for Melbourne right now I think , to re-schedule exams a new portal has been created, no more need to call DIBP to check for free slots. https://appointments.border.gov.au/ The website mentions that you need the ClientID to login. They say "The client ID is an eleven digit number that was assigned to you when you lodged your citizenship application. Your client ID would have been included in any correspondence you would have received from the department regarding your citizenship application." I am unable to locate the Client ID . Anybody know where to look for this one .

Date applied/lodged: 10 Jan 2017 - online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 10 Jan 2017

you will get ur client id on test invite email however you can still fing ur client id in your PR grant application.

But I guess u can't book/re-schedule ur test until you get email invites for test date.

I cleared my test with 100% withing 5 min :)

My timelines:

----------------------------

Date applied: 20/12/2016-online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 20/12/2016

Date of citizenship test invite email: 16/01/2017

Date of citizenship test: 13/04/2017

Re-scheduled Date of citizenship test: 01/02/2017-passed 100%

Date of ceremony invite: TBA

Date of ceremony: TBA

Congrats shriniwas. Hopefully you'll get the 25 mar ceremony. I applied on the 29th Jan. Same councils as you. Haven't heard anything yet. Does the online application page get updated or anything before the test email? Mine just says application received

I cleared my test with 100% withing 5 min :)

My timelines:

----------------------------

Date applied: 20/12/2016-online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 20/12/2016

Date of citizenship test invite email: 16/01/2017

Date of citizenship test: 13/04/2017

Re-scheduled Date of citizenship test: 01/02/2017-passed 100%

Date of ceremony invite: TBA

Date of ceremony: TBA

Congrats shriniwas. Hopefully you'll get the 25 mar ceremony. I applied on the 29th Jan. Same councils as you. Haven't heard anything yet. Does the online application page get updated or anything before the test email? Mine just says application received

Thanks Crash:)

you will get invitation email within 3-4 weeks if you lucky you will get anytime within a week but not more than 4 weeks for sure.

and best things in melbourne that you can change/reschedule ur test date by online instead calling immi.

re. online application page it never change until we attend council ceremony.

while attending test interview make sure you bring all the original document even u haven't uploaded such as marriage certificates and ur origin county driving license etc... he may ask anything while interview.

Applied today!!!!!!

Preferred citizenship appointment location: NSW- Sydney

Local council: Inner West Council, NSW

Date applied/lodged: 03 Feb 2017 -online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 03 Feb 2017

Hi All,

Im a permanent resident and i had a citizenship interview on the 05th of December 2016. I haven't received any letter from DIBP about application approval or etc.

I have to go to Netherland soon and with my foreign passport soon.

I need to collect some paper works for schengen Visa which includes my current Visa Status from VEVO website.

I printed out my VEVO status dozens times in 2016.

Tried to enter my TRN / Visa Grant number and current my passport number but i have same message from VEVO.

Entered details cannot be confirmed as the TRN/Visa Grant number/Evidence number does not match your current visa. Please confirm your current visa details and re-enter your enquiry. Otherwise, call 1800 040 070 and an officer will assist you.

I would be happy if someone has an idea or knowledge about it.

Have a good weekend.

Hi All,

Im a permanent resident and i had a citizenship interview on the 05th of December 2016. I haven't received any letter from DIBP about application approval or etc.

I have to go to Netherland soon and with my foreign passport soon.

I need to collect some paper works for schengen Visa which includes my current Visa Status from VEVO website.

I printed out my VEVO status dozens times in 2016.

Tried to enter my TRN / Visa Grant number and current my passport number but i have same message from VEVO.

Entered details cannot be confirmed as the TRN/Visa Grant number/Evidence number does not match your current visa. Please confirm your current visa details and re-enter your enquiry. Otherwise, call 1800 040 070 and an officer will assist you.

I would be happy if someone has an idea or knowledge about it.

Have a good weekend.

I would call and figure it out that way.

Applied today!!!!!!

Preferred citizenship appointment location: NSW- Sydney

Local council: Inner West Council, NSW

Date applied/lodged: 03 Feb 2017 -online

Date received the acknowledgement email: 03 Feb 2017

Good luck! If your test date is far, you can reschedule by calling. Not rightaway, but maybe the following day or two. There are cancellations EVERY DAY, easy to get a closer appointment.

Finally have a timeline to share!

1. Date applied: January 22nd 2017
  2. City/Council area: City of Sydney
  3. Date of the acknowledgement email: January 22nd 2017 (automatic email)
  4. Date of the Citizenship Test invite email: February 6th 2017
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: May 22nd 2017 (Sydney CBD)
  6. Date of ceremony: TBD

Working on bringing the date forward, spoke on the phone an hour ago (after waiting 3 hours for a callback) to a seriously grumpy lady who stated that the earliest appointments in Sydney CBD are at the beginning of May. She mentioned that there was no way of moving my appointment to the Parramatta office, even though I've seen people on here do exactly that. I'll start calling first thing in the morning instead...

Has anyone been successful recently with either a date change in the Sydney office, or being moved to Parramatta? Thank you!

Working on bringing the date forward, spoke on the phone an hour ago (after waiting 3 hours for a callback) to a seriously grumpy lady who stated that the earliest appointments in Sydney CBD are at the beginning of May. She mentioned that there was no way of moving my appointment to the Parramatta office, even though I've seen people on here do exactly that. I'll start calling first thing in the morning instead...

Has anyone been successful recently with either a date change in the Sydney office, or being moved to Parramatta? Thank you!

The keyword (phrase) to use is: "Hello, I'm scheduled for citizenship test in Sydney CBD on XX and I'm calling to see if there are any cancellations for an earlier date/time." Very important, because if you just say oh I want it sooner they'll say that's where the queue is at. Also try to keep the intro short, they don't need to know your name or anything, be as painless to them as possible. They'll tell you if they found a date and then they'll need your name etc. I got it changed at the beginning of December so not too recent, but this worked.

Last I checked (December) Parra was far worse than CBD.

Edited by sapphilor

I was told that they close the lists 6 weeks in advance, because they need to order the certificates with names on them + send out the invites. So even if someone cancels, they can't just slot you in at the last minute. With 16 January no way you could've made Australia day. :-/ Check which ceremony is 6+ weeks out and hope for that one...

thanks Sapphilor. I suppose it was because I passed my test in early December that I'm disappointed as back then there would have been enough time to add me but unfortunately the regional WA dept seems to be really slow. The next ceremony is likely to be in June I've been told.

I'm booked at the Sydney office as well for April 28th, have been calling everyday for the past 2 weeks to check for any cancellations, no luck!! They do politely tell me that I can continue to check!

One of the agents once told me that they had cancellation for the day I called on but they are not allowed to give those spots.

Key is to continue calling everyday I believe, unless you are in Melbourne, where you can reschedule online at https://appointments.border.gov.au/login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm booked at the Sydney office as well for April 28th, have been calling everyday for the past 2 weeks to check for any cancellations, no luck!! They do politely tell me that I can continue to check!

One of the agents once told me that they had cancellation for the day I called on but they are not allowed to give those spots.

Key is to continue calling everyday I believe, unless you are in Melbourne, where you can reschedule online at https://appointments.border.gov.au/login

That's weird. When I called there was one in 2h that day, and they would've given it to me, I just couldn't go get my papers so quickly. It might depend on the agent as well...

The keyword (phrase) to use is: "Hello, I'm scheduled for citizenship test in Sydney CBD on XX and I'm calling to see if there are any cancellations for an earlier date/time." Very important, because if you just say oh I want it sooner they'll say that's where the queue is at. Also try to keep the intro short, they don't need to know your name or anything, be as painless to them as possible. They'll tell you if they found a date and then they'll need your name etc. I got it changed at the beginning of December so not too recent, but this worked.

Last I checked (December) Parra was far worse than CBD.

This is so helpful, thank you!

That's somewhat frustrating, but I guess all we can really do is keep trying. It really does sound like it boils down to the agent you happen to get. I suppose one cancellation is all is takes for a domino effect, in theory :)

Good luck! If your test date is far, you can reschedule by calling. Not right away, but maybe the following day or two. There are cancellations EVERY DAY, easy to get a closer appointment.

Thanks!

Will try that for sure, get a rostered day off per month at my job so hopefully I can grab one in March. Well thats the plan to reschedule then but sounds from what people are saying lately that is pretty tight with these appointments.

From whats going on with everyone else looks like they will probably come to me in 2 weeks or so with a date in April/May.

hi all & shriniwas & CSI happy to see u again after ENS186 forum..

i am also going to apply my citizenship. but need some help.

q1. can i apply whole family's citizenship from my IMMI id.?

q2.we are family of 4 (me,my wife & 2 kids) so how we apply all together?

q3. me and my wife don't have birth certificate but kids have. so can i supply Marriage certificate or Indian National Identification card (Aadhar Card) its showing birth date

q4. and whats the other supporting documents we required. is any body have documents list?

thanx

Hey Mate @longwait,

Happy to see u....

Ans:

Yes, of course you can

Ans:

you need to create 2 application for you and ur wife and add ur kids either in ur application or ur wife or both in each child

q3. me and my wife don't have birth certificate but kids have. so can i supply Marriage certificate or Indian National Identification

card (Aadhar Card) its showing birth date

Ans:

if you don't have ur birth certificates then apply to Consulate general of India "http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/australia/" they will issue ur birth certificate based on ur passport but make sure whenever u have test interview you have to bring other documents too such as leaving certificates where ur name and date of birth mentioned and furthermore if you have Indian driving licence and Adhar card, marriage certificates etc...

q4. and whats the other supporting documents we required. is any body have documents list?

Ans:

Indian driving licence and adharcard is sufficient as an additional identity documents.

Hope this will help u and all the best... By the way in which city r u going to apply?

q3. me and my wife don't have birth certificate but kids have. so can i supply Marriage certificate or Indian National Identification card (Aadhar Card) its showing birth date

thanx

Hi Longwait, happy to see you and some of the people in the ENS186 forum! Looks like this is the next step that we need to finish off before we can say that we are full pledged Australians. I will be applying for citizenship in May and hopefully it's not that tedious as the PR application.

I think you can provide supporting documents as long as it shows the birth of date.

thanx

Great to see you as well, same timelines!!

I suppose your questions are already answered above by shriniwas.

In my case we created 2 applications - me and my wife (through our seperate IMMI Accounts) and added the kids to my application.

During the application process it gives you an option to link both the applications together and asks your preference to have the Citizenship ceremony together, if you choose so, council will ensure that both applicants even though on seperate applications are called together for the oath ceremony. Do note that linking applications together does not guarantee same date and time for the test Appointment, it's usually the same but can be different as well. In my case , my wife has a test appointment of March 17, whereas I have a test appointment of April 28 :(!!

Best of luck, cheers

Hey Mate @longwait,

Happy to see u....

Ans:

Yes, of course you can

Ans:

you need to create 2 application for you and ur wife and add ur kids either in ur application or ur wife or both in each child

q3. me and my wife don't have birth certificate but kids have. so can i supply Marriage certificate or Indian National Identification

card (Aadhar Card) its showing birth date

Ans:

if you don't have ur birth certificates then apply to Consulate general of India "http://www.vfsglobal.com/india/australia/" they will issue ur birth certificate based on ur passport but make sure whenever u have test interview you have to bring other documents too such as leaving certificates where ur name and date of birth mentioned and furthermore if you have Indian driving licence and Adhar card, marriage certificates etc...

Ans:

Indian driving licence and adharcard is sufficient as an additional identity documents.

Hope this will help u and all the best... By the way in which city r u going to apply?

hi i am going to apply in VIC... melbourne

one question more. VFS issue birthcertificate as per passport. So can we attach my passport's 1st page? Because its still valid.

regards