AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Doesn't look like, as per excel sheet end-Jan applicants are still waiting too

I applied Feb the 26th and just received an interview date of AUGUST 2nd!!! Is there anything I can do to get an earlier date? We are in Perth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi all, thanks for the great advice earlier. Some hope for City of Sydney applicants: on the lucky 13th call to the Citizenship hotline, my test appointment was moved forward by two months!

This is my updated timeline:

1. Date applied: January 22nd 2017

2. City/Council area: City of Sydney

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date of the acknowledgement email: January 22nd 2017 (automatic email)

5. Date of the Citizenship Test invite email: February 6th 2017

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: May 22nd 2017 (Sydney CBD)

6b. Date of the rescheduled Citizenship Test: March 24th 2017 (Sydney CBD - rescheduled on March 6th)

7. Approval letter: TBD

8. Date of ceremony: TBD

Really hoping to get into the July or August ceremonies, fingers crossed! As a note, all the agents I spoke to confirmed that you are no longer able to switch between the CBD and Parramatta offices for tests once you've been assigned a date.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while now. I finally got given my citizenship ceremony date today! :)

Here's my timeline:

1. Date applied: 17th September 2016

2. City/Council area: City of Sydney

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date of the acknowledgement email: 18th September 2016 (automatic email)

5. Date of the Citizenship Test invite email: 26th September 2016

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 21st November 2016 (Sydney CBD)

7. Approval letter: 25th November 2016

8. Date of ceremony: 4th April 2017

Edited by Aneleh

Hi everyone

I have done with my test on march 7th and just waiting for my approval letter and cermony date...i have a question my partner got her PR along with me does she have to wait 4 years to apply citizenship or is she eligible to apply hers ...its more than a year since she got her residency

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sammy

Hi everyone

I have done with my test on march 7th and just waiting for my approval letter and cermony date...i have a question my partner got her PR along with me does she have to wait 4 years to apply citizenship or is she eligible to apply hers ...its more than a year since she got her residency

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sammy

Depends on how long she's been in Aus for. If she meets the residency requirements (4 years total out of which 1 PR) with gaps no more than 1y total and no more than 90 days in the past year, then she can apply.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to move your interview date forward? Our current appointment is 5 months away. We are in Perth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can ..i am from perth too..call everyday to see if there are any cancellations....its all about luck...all the best

Hey all....have you guys noticed that they have updated the citizenship timeline from 80 calendar days to 12 months..

My Timeline:

Applied: 11 Nov 16(Perth)

Test Date: 14th March

Approval: TBA

Ceremony: TBA

Does any one knows how long does it take from test date to approval TIA!!

Hi

I applied on dec 12th

Test date march 7th

Approved same day

Got my approval notification letter 14/3/2017 in post

Thank you for sharing your timeline... I have just called the immi and they have advised that the decision has been made and have dispatched the letter..

does that mean that it has been approved ???

Hey all....have you guys noticed that they have updated the citizenship timeline from 80 calendar days to 12 months..

My Timeline:

Thank you for sharing your timeline... I have just called the immi and they have advised that the decision has been made and have dispatched the letter..

does that mean that it has been approved ???

Yes approved ...all we need is wait for the ceremony date

Once it is done ur a australian citizen completely....but not untill then

Hi i am new to the forum,i have a problem with my citizenship application.I came to australia in july 2009,never became unlawfull,applied for rsms 1st march 2015 and got pr 10th feb 2016,absence from australia is for 8 and half months in last four years but not in last year as pr.My problem is when i try to apply for citizenship i get error that you are not eligible and the file don't go forward.Then i called immigration citizenship number and had a talk with one of the officer,i told him everything,after checking for 15 minutes and putting me on hold he said that it is their system problem and it is because of bridging visas i got in the past,then he told me that i can apply under ministrial discretion,i want to know that is it ok if i apply under ministrial discretion,please guide me if anyone had the same experience or if anyone know about ministrial discretion,i never got bridging visa E,i went to my country waiting for my pr to come,and come back after getting my pr,please guide me if anyone can

Hi i am new to the forum,i have a problem with my citizenship application.I came to australia in july 2009,never became unlawfull,applied for rsms 1st march 2015 and got pr 10th feb 2016,absence from australia is for 8 and half months in last four years but not in last year as pr.My problem is when i try to apply for citizenship i get error that you are not eligible and the file don't go forward.Then i called immigration citizenship number and had a talk with one of the officer,i told him everything,after checking for 15 minutes and putting me on hold he said that it is their system problem and it is because of bridging visas i got in the past,then he told me that i can apply under ministrial discretion,i want to know that is it ok if i apply under ministrial discretion,please guide me if anyone had the same experience or if anyone know about ministrial discretion,i never got bridging visa E,i went to my country waiting for my pr to come,and come back after getting my pr,please guide me if anyone can

What visa(s) did you hold between July 2009 and Feb. 2016? You said Immigration told you you're ineligible because of the bridging visas you got in the past, so that does sound like you were given a BVE. What was the circumstance of you leaving Australia and waiting for your PR?

What visa(s) did you hold between July 2009 and Feb. 2016? You said Immigration told you you're ineligible because of the bridging visas you got in the past, so that does sound like you were given a BVE. What was the circumstance of you leaving Australia and waiting for your PR?

I was always on bridging visa A and never got BVE,i applied for judical review for my student visa but i withdrew my case and went to my country to wait for my pr to be granted which i applied in march 2015

On 3/6/2017 at 6:55 PM, FireBlade said:

Doesn't look like, as per excel sheet end-Jan applicants are still waiting too

Applied on 20 Feb. 2017 (Great Dandenong, Melbourne) and received e-mail on 25 March at 11:29 PM.
we submitted  2 applications, one for me and another for wife & kids. but received only 1 mail. is this for whole family or only for me??

Edited by longwait
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, longwait said:

Applied on 20 Feb. 2017 (Great Dandenong, Melbourne) and received e-mail on 25 March at 11:29 PM.
we submitted  2 applications, one for me and another for wife & kids. but received only 1 mail. is this for whole family or only for me??

Good news, finally some movement, wonder how far away I am

• Like 1

On 3/16/2017 at 7:18 AM, stirlingperth said:

My Timeline:

Hi Stirlingperth , Did you get your Approval letter??