1. Date applied : 26/01/2017
  2. City/Council area Hume , Melbourne.
  3. Online / Paper : online 
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email : 26/01/2017
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test : 10/03/2017
  6. Approval: 22/03/2017
  7. Date of ceremony :TBA
  8. Type of ceremony :TBA

Anyone from Hume council , Melbourne, in this forum?

Regards

Great news- It means Hume council is going fast. Did you contact the council to get an idea for the ceremony ?. I am also from Hume council and planning to apply the citizenship next week.

• Like 1

Hello Sheila

I tried to call the council about the ceremony, but I did not get any help, al time the same generic reply: WAIT FOR THE CEREMONY INVITATION FROM DIBP, WE CA NOT HELP YOU ANY MORE.

But I mus tell that when I first was assigned with the test date it was 19/06/2017 , but I rescheduled it online to 10/03/2017 , only Melbourne applicants can change the test date online,,,, 

Good luck 

Hi, my timeline 

1. Date applied : 15/03/2017
  2. City/Council area: Glen Iris , Melbourne.
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email : 15/03/2017
  5. Citizenship test invite email received: 08/04/2017
  6. Suggested date of the Citizenship Test : 13/07/2017
  7. Approval: TBA
  8. Date of ceremony :TBA
  9. Type of ceremony :TBA

I tried to change citizenship test date online, however no slots are available before July.

Will it help to call them to try to change the test date? Can I ask to take the test in other location where they might have more availability?

Hi, Need your advise please.

My citizenship test is scheduled for 13 July 2017. Today my job asked me to travel overseas for 2 month. I did calculation and this means that if i travel I will be overseas more than 90 days during the last year.  is this a problem? 

• Like 1

On 09/04/2017 at 8:53 PM, faol said:

Hi, Need your advise please.

My citizenship test is scheduled for 13 July 2017. Today my job asked me to travel overseas for 2 month. I did calculation and this means that if i travel I will be overseas more than 90 days during the last year.  is this a problem? 

No as you have already applied and met the residence requirement.  Best to let them know you are away though as you need to be in Aus when citizenship is approved. 

On 4/9/2017 at 0:14 PM, faol said:

Hi, my timeline 

1. Date applied : 15/03/2017
  2. City/Council area: Glen Iris , Melbourne.
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email : 15/03/2017
  5. Citizenship test invite email received: 08/04/2017
  6. Suggested date of the Citizenship Test : 13/07/2017

I tried to change citizenship test date online, however no slots are available before July.

Will it help to call them to try to change the test date? Can I ask to take the test in other location where they might have more availability?

If you are in Melbourne you can change it online, and abviously this is what you did, and if you try to call them they will use the same system as you would use to change the test date .

I changed my test date online from 19/06/2017  to 10/03/2017 , what I did was that all time I kept checking the online booking system until I found an earlier date ( in fact I changed it twice , from June to April to March) 

If you can not find an earlier date, my advice is to delay your test appointment and travel to do your work, 

Good luck

Edited by شكوبيستان السفلى
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, donnapow said:

Hi All,

i applied online for citizenship almost 5 weeks ago, not received email with test date yet, anyone else waited this long ?

Most applicants have been trough this waiting period, some more than 5 weeks , myself I waited for 5 weeks to get my test e-mails. 

Advice: Check your spam folder in your e-mail, as many applicants received their test e-mails in the spam folder. 

Good luck

Hi. After reading from this citizenship forum, it makes me wonder why the timeline varies so much from the time an application was lodge to the time that the test date is scheduled. Some get within a week, others take months and others get it within days. My case is that I am now close to finishing my third week. Could you please share what are the reasons for the long wait. Kindly share your experience. Does the status change in your immiaccount? Mine is still "received". Thanks in advance. I am applying from visa 186.  

7 hours ago, شكوبيستان السفلى said:

Most applicants have been trough this waiting period, some more than 5 weeks , myself I waited for 5 weeks to get my test e-mails. 

Advice: Check your spam folder in your e-mail, as many applicants received their test e-mails in the spam folder. 

Good luck

Hi. Does the status in your immiaccount change at all when they start to review your application? Or do you have to check the email for any correspondence from DIBP. At the moment I am doing the same just to make sure I haven't missed anything.

23 hours ago, tech123 said:

Hi. Does the status in your immiaccount change at all when they start to review your application? Or do you have to check the email for any correspondence from DIBP. At the moment I am doing the same just to make sure I haven't missed anything.

Immiaccount status wont change until your citizenship ceremony. 

Hi guys my timeline is

1. Date applied : 11/04/2017
  2. City/Council area: cairns regional
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email : 11/04/2017
  5. Citizenship test invite email received: 
  6. Suggested date of the Citizenship Test : 

i made a mistake on my application, i have mentioned Government Passport but my passport is a private passport. what should i do to update my application.i was trying it online but got no option. thanks

On 4/11/2017 at 7:38 PM, tech123 said:

Hi. After reading from this citizenship forum, it makes me wonder why the timeline varies so much from the time an application was lodge to the time that the test date is scheduled. Some get within a week, others take months and others get it within days. My case is that I am now close to finishing my third week. Could you please share what are the reasons for the long wait. Kindly share your experience. Does the status change in your immiaccount? Mine is still "received". Thanks in advance. I am applying from visa 186.  

Hi 

To my experience (or at least what I have seen from other forums), the waiting time can vary due to many reasons, when they do security check they take into consideration many factors like : the country of origin, your background in Australia and overseas, your name ( maybe there are a lot of people who have the same name as yours...). If you used to do security check for work here in Australia I believe this will speed the process to get the security check to be done on time. Also + the state you are living in , in you are living in a place where there too much applicants I think this will take time to be assigned with a test date. ( personally when I was calling DIBP to check when It will be my test date , the officer was saying to me that we are dealing with every application alone, case by case, you should not compare yourself with others)

For immi account you will not get any notification in it, only after the ceremony, then the statue of your account will be shown " Finalized"  ( of course after your receive you citizenship certificate) 

keep check your e-mail account  even the spam/junkie folder, many applicants receive their e-mail for the test in it, including me, 

Good luck

43 minutes ago, شكوبيستان السفلى said:

Hi 

To my experience (or at least what I have seen from other forums), the waiting time can vary due to many reasons, when they do security check they take into consideration many factors like : the country of origin, your background in Australia and overseas, your name ( maybe there are a lot of people who have the same name as yours...). If you used to do security check for work here in Australia I believe this will speed the process to get the security check to be done on time. Also + the state you are living in , in you are living in a place where there too much applicants I think this will take time to be assigned with a test date. ( personally when I was calling DIBP to check when It will be my test date , the officer was saying to me that we are dealing with every application alone, case by case, you should not compare yourself with others)

For immi account you will not get any notification in it, only after the ceremony, then the statue of your account will be shown " Finalized"  ( of course after your receive you citizenship certificate) 

keep check your e-mail account  even the spam/junkie folder, many applicants receive their e-mail for the test in it, including me, 

Good luck

Thanks a lot for the reply. Good information I got there. I was thinking of calling the citizenship hotline; however, the voice recording says (something like) they cannot give processing times....Question is did they entertain your query as to when your testing date is? I have a friend from the same region of Victoria and it took him only 3 months to gain citizenship from the time of his lodgement. Hope mine will be next. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Sheila said:

I am filling my application online for citizenship but it the end my parents details also appears , it says we doest need any details for this applicant?. I am not applying citizenship for my parents why it is appears there ?

Hey 

It is a normal thing.. all applicants have noticed that their parents details are appearing bellow the applicant`s ones,  even if you call the DIBP they will say it is OK  and there is nothing to worry about. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

Hi Folks,

Just to give you an updates.

Finally, We (Me & My wife) received invitation letters over email on 12th April 2017.

see my timelines below:

Application dates : 20 Dec 2016
State/Council : Melbourne / Boroondara Council
Test Date received : 6 Jan 2017
Test Date : 1 Feb 2017
Approval letter : Received on 8th Feb (In the letter it was approved on 2nd Feb)
Ceremony Letter : 12th April 2017 (Over email haven't received hard copy yet)
Ceremony Date : 18th May 2017

I've updated my details on google spreadsheets see the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JYRvi6XH4LKUvdCW5vmCG44U7VG469oZNQeKgceVDO4/edit?ts=589cfc5c#gid=0

7 hours ago, shriniwas211 said:

Hi Folks,

Just to give you an updates.

Finally, We (Me & My wife) received invitation letters over email on 12th April 2017.

see my timelines below:

Application dates : 20 Dec 2016
State/Council : Melbourne / Boroondara Council
Test Date received : 6 Jan 2017
Test Date : 1 Feb 2017
Approval letter : Received on 8th Feb (In the letter it was approved on 2nd Feb)
Ceremony Letter : 12th April 2017 (Over email haven't received hard copy yet)
Ceremony Date : 18th May 2017

I've updated my details on google spreadsheets see the link below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JYRvi6XH4LKUvdCW5vmCG44U7VG469oZNQeKgceVDO4/edit?ts=589cfc5c#gid=0

Congrats Shrinivas 

all the best

• Like 1

Hi everyone

1. Date Applied: 18/04/2017

2. City/Council Area: Hume council, Victoria

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Acknowledgement Email: 18/04/2017

5. Citizenship Test e-mail:

6. Date of the Citizenship Test:

7. Approval letter:

8. Date of ceremony:

On 11/04/2017 at 10:29 AM, donnapow said:

Hi All,

i applied online for citizenship almost 5 weeks ago, not received email with test date yet, anyone else waited this long ?

It's been 6 weeks now and still no email with test appointment, have been checking my junk/spam folder