AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi all just found out this forum. My previous passport expired last year and I got a new passport ever since. I have been a pr resident for more than 4 years now but I never updated my new passport. Does anyone know if I should wait and update my new passport before lodging my citizenship or if I can apply straight away? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Melbourner said:

Hi all just found out this forum. My previous passport expired last year and I got a new passport ever since. I have been a pr resident for more than 4 years now but I never updated my new passport. Does anyone know if I should wait and update my new passport before lodging my citizenship or if I can apply straight away? Thanks.

Have you travelled with your new passport?? If you travelled your passport details should be updated in Aiport immigration check . Else you need to update the details.

12 hours ago, Nani said:

Have you travelled with your new passport?? If you travelled your passport details should be updated in Aiport immigration check . Else you need to update the details.

Thanks alot guess I'll be updating the passport before applying:)

2 hours ago, Brisyy said:

Hi 

i m from Brisbane 

applied 17/3/17

acknowledgement 17/3/17

waiting for text appointment 

is anyone applied in march from brisbane 

please share ur timeline 

Hi,

Applied for my wife from Brisbane.

Applied 6/3/17

Ack :6/3/17 

No news after that.

On 27/03/2017 at 11:04 PM, Melbourner said:

Why dont you wait and get citizenship and then get am Aussie passport 

Finally after 5+ weeks of waiting, received interview & test information on 29th March'17. Initially interview dates were 02nd & 22nd June'17 (we have 2 applications) but we got lucky to change them to 31st March'17 via online system. Interviews & tests done today, now waiting for approval letter

Updated timeline below, excel sheet also updated

1. Date Applied: 22/02/2017

2. City/Council Area: City of Monash, Melbourne

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Acknowledgement Email: 22/02/2017

5. Citizenship Test e-mail: 29/03/2017

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 31/03/2017

7. Approval letter: Waiting

8. Date of ceremony: Waiting

Hi all,  

Is there anyone who applied for Melton council and knows how long it takes to get an invitation to ceremony? 

My timeline 

Date applied - 04/12/16

City/Council area - Melbourne, Melton 

Online / Paper - online 

Date received the acknowledgement email - 05/12/16

Date of the Citizenship Test - 03/02/17

Citizenship approval letter - 10/02/17

Date of ceremony - TBA

Type of ceremony - normal

Thanks

On 3/18/2017 at 0:26 PM, rajinder said:

I was always on bridging visa A and never got BVE,i applied for judical review for my student visa but i withdrew my case and went to my country to wait for my pr to be granted which i applied in march 2015

This happened to me too! Ministerial intervention is absolutely not the right thing to do! I lodged a formal complaint and within 48 hours they rectified it all and apologised! They told me that there was a 'glitch' in the system! Lodge a complaint and attach all your visa confirmations, that's what i did!