AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

2 hours ago, donnapow said:

It's been 6 weeks now and still no email with test appointment, have been checking my junk/spam folder

Its just waiting game.no one can do anything at this stage rather than waiting. 

Don"t worry you will get it soon 

3 hours ago, Nani said:

You have to wait for test appointment email. Once you get the email then you can change the appointment 

Waiting for the test appointment is like a dejavu on waiting for permanent residency. Though there are longer threads and exchange of conversations in that forum. I am on my 4th week of waiting for the test date, hope it comes out soon. When I was browsing the citizenship tests, I come across a series of sample questions (for the 21st century style of citizenship test) but they sound silly? Have you seen it?   

Received my approval letter today, both tests were done on the same day but wife's approval letter arrived bit earlier. Next stop ceremony :)

Updated timeline below, excel sheet also updated

1. Date Applied: 22/02/2017

2. City/Council Area: City of Monash, Melbourne

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Acknowledgement Email: 22/02/2017

5. Citizenship Test e-mail: 29/03/2017

6. Date of the Citizenship Test: 31/03/2017

7. Approval date: 10/04/2017

8. Date of ceremony: Waiting

Edited by FireBlade

Apparently from Sydney Morning Herald citizenship rules will change tomorrow. 4 year wait instead of 1 year to apply for citizenship. I applied yesterday having been a permanent resident for 1 year. Does this mean my application would count or would I be subject to the 4 year wait? ???

Would-be Australians will face tough new hurdles – including a new English language and "Australian values" test – and have to wait several more years before being eligible for citizenship, under a major shake-up of the migration program.
Migrants could be asked whether they support female genital mutilation and forced marriages, or whether it's acceptable to strike a spouse at home, under proposed values-based citizenship test questions to be put to the public for feedback.
Applicants will also have to demonstrate they have attempted to integrate into Australian society, providing evidence of a job, the enrolment of their children in school, and even membership of community organisations.
Under the current system, migrants enter Australia on a range of visas. They can then become permanent residents but have to wait a further year before applying for citizenship. The one-year wait will rise to four years under the redesigned scheme.
Would-be Australians will face tough new hurdles – including a new English language and "Australian values" test – and have to wait several more years before being eligible for citizenship, under a major shake-up of the migration program.
Migrants could be asked whether they support female genital mutilation and forced marriages, or whether it's acceptable to strike a spouse at home, under proposed values-based citizenship test questions to be put to the public for feedback.
Applicants will also have to demonstrate they have attempted to integrate into Australian society, providing evidence of a job, the enrolment of their children in school, and even membership of community organisations.
Under the current system, migrants enter Australia on a range of visas. They can then become permanent residents but have to wait a further year before applying for citizenship. The one-year wait will rise to four years under the redesigned scheme.

?

• Like 2

Even though I applied for citizenship on Thursday I'm can help but feel gutted about the change in the rules. I'm from an English speaking background and put plenty into society through integrating with the community and massive tax. The avalanche of news about migrant policy does make me question how welcome I am here. 

I do wonder if my application will be effected? Will I have to wait 4 years? Will I have to do a 200 buck English test when my English is better than most and I have a Masters of Emglish literature from a top university?

Fingers crossed for everyone today. 

16 minutes ago, Felix123 said:

Even though I applied for citizenship on Thursday I'm can help but feel gutted about the change in the rules. I'm from an English speaking background and put plenty into society through integrating with the community and massive tax. The avalanche of news about migrant policy does make me question how welcome I am here. 

I do wonder if my application will be effected? Will I have to wait 4 years? Will I have to do a 200 buck English test when my English is better than most and I have a Masters of Emglish literature from a top university?

Fingers crossed for everyone today. 

It's weird isn't it but then it's nothing different from Trump's Americans First policy and the UK's vote in favour of Brexit. Looking at it in that context, it's just Australia protecting it's way of life and national values.

When I eventually get round to it, I'll be the same. I've postgraduate degrees in English and yet there's still be a fee for an English test lol. There's the money spinning side to all this as well of course!!