AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

14 hours ago, leanie said:

The other info they wanted was my kids expired passports that we had originally applied with (just scanned and added them to the online application), Medicare card and for me to confirm my name as on some documents my middle name is there but it's not on my passport etc. I think the reason my application took so long is because the regional WA dept seems to be very slow, must be very busy. 

Thanks for the reply. My wife has been contacted as well for her middle name; however, they stated that she does not need to reply to their email if she is happy that they will include it in her application. My kids application has been finalised in my immiaccount,, just me and my wife are waiting for the citizenship test. Thanks.

Good morning Guys,

Update 

Citizenship application: 20/3/2017

Applied: Online 

Acknowledgement Email: 20/3/2017

Test Date Email: 31/3/2017

Test Date: 27/04/2017(Reschedule from 18/09/2017)

Approval: TBA 

Ceremony: TBA 

Hey, Did anyone who applied with a spouse get an email before their spouse? My test appointment email came through today but my husband (who also has the kids applying under him) hasn't received anything yet? I just wondered what anyone had experienced regarding the time difference between spouse applications receiving an appointment. Thanks :)

1 minute ago, pod said:

Hey, Did anyone who applied with a spouse get an email before their spouse? My test appointment email came through today but my husband (who also has the kids applying under him) hasn't received anything yet? I just wondered what anyone had experienced regarding the time difference between spouse applications receiving an appointment. Thanks :)

hey 

I`ve seen many applicants experienced the same situation, the DIBP send out e-mails for test/interview according to each applicant`s case, this means even if you both made the citizenship applications at the same time you both may receive e-mails with different dates this is due, as I said, the DIPB will look at each application alone and with different approach. 

but still, you may select to attend the same ceremony.

good luck  

8 minutes ago, pod said:

Yep, both applications were submitted together, test e-mails came at the same time but had different test dates .... but approvals letters came almost week apart

Its quite normal

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pod said:

Check the Junk/spam folder in your husband`s e-mail , he may receive his test e-mail in it , this is what happened to many applicants, including me, ^_^

Thank you both for replying. It's good to know that it's normal. Fingers crossed his test date comes through soon or it'll just be the dog (he's the only one in our house with Australian citizenship so far!) and me living in Oz together. ;)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pod said:

Thank you both for replying. It's good to know that it's normal. Fingers crossed his test date comes through soon or it'll just be the dog (he's the only one in our house with Australian citizenship so far!) and me living in Oz together. ;)

and may cat too , the only one who is Aussie in my house  :D:D

• Like 1

We have completed the test in March and awaiting the ceremony. We are going to Europe next month and just wondering if I am correct that our visas(PR) are still valid until we have attended the ceremony? In other words no return visas to be applied for etc. I will contact the dept to confirm but anyone got a quick answer? Cheers

Just now, moven said:

We have completed the test in March and awaiting the ceremony. We are going to Europe next month and just wondering if I am correct that our visas(PR) are still valid until we have attended the ceremony? In other words no return visas to be applied for etc. I will contact the dept to confirm but anyone got a quick answer? Cheers

Hey 

In the approval letter, in case you already received it, your PR visa will cease when you attend the ceremony and have your citizenship certificate, which means till the ceremony and you are on PR visa, 

Re-entry to Australia while you are on PR visa will not be an issue at all. 

Cheers 

2 minutes ago, moven said:

If visa is valid then yes. You'll have to inform the department about travel though, your absence from Australia might delay the process too

• Like 1

So at the moment DIBP still not taking calls / or im not getting through at least.

Have moved address since applied (still same council), anyone know how else I can notify them? Is there an email address or way to do it through my immi account? Cheers!

Can anyone with dependents reply to my question please - I want to know, when DIBP started to look/process your citizenship application, will the attachments for the application of  your dependents (i.e. your children) disappear? My kids' attachments are gone. I might call DIBP just to make sure that they have received those attachments. I don't want this to be the cause of delay for my application. Thanks.

14 minutes ago, princesammy said:

Hi

I called citizenship office last week they said 3 to 6 months after approval letter 

Is anyone waiting in between this time frame..but i have seen most of them getting ceremony invitations within 2months 

This excel sheet might give you some visibility:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JYRvi6XH4LKUvdCW5vmCG44U7VG469oZNQeKgceVDO4/edit?ts=589cfc5c#gid=0

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:50 AM, pod said:

Good news! Husband got his appointment date through today. He's the day after me. :)

• Like 1