AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hi guys,

I have a question relating applying citizenship. In the application it mentions proof of residential address by providing utilities bills or rent contract. The question is if I rent the place as a sub-tenant and only pay bills to the head tenant. Therefore I don't have any bills in my name and my rent contract is only between me and the main tenant - Not with the landlord. In that case, can I still submit that contract as proof?

Does anyone have the same experience?

Thanks

They didn't want a rental contract from me - but I had my address in my drivers licence. That might be a good solution for you too - if you have a drivers licence or a photo card with the latest address, should be OK.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Nani viewpost-right.png

Update

got test appointment mail. It is on 1st May 2017

oh my god its 5 Months , too long to wait.

You can call them to reschedule. There are cancellations all the time. More successful if you live in a big place like Sydney where they have daily testing.

I've applied on 20th Dec and still waiting for Test date :(

May I know where do I get immi number or email address to reschedule the date once i get test date?

Looks like they are back to work:

1. Date applied: 10th January 2017
  2. City/Council area: Cairns/Cassowary coast
  3. Online / Paper: online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 10th January 2017
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 31st January 2017
  6. Date of ceremony
  7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

Gosh that was fast! I had a look at the thread this morning and was expecting to wait a couple of months! Anyone got any advise on the test and best place to revise from! Looks like speedy studying for me!

Looks like they are back to work:

1. Date applied: 10th January 2017

2. City/Council area: Cairns/Cassowary coast

4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 10th January 2017

5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 31st January 2017

6. Date of ceremony

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

Gosh that was fast! I had a look at the thread this morning and was expecting to wait a couple of months! Anyone got any advise on the test and best place to revise from! Looks like speedy studying for me!

That's super fast :)

i'm still waiting for my test date :(

They didn't want a rental contract from me - but I had my address in my drivers licence. That might be a good solution for you too - if you have a drivers licence or a photo card with the latest address, should be OK.

Oh thanks. Good to know that. Cuz I saw on the immigration site's checklist that they listed the rental contract as well. But thanks for letting me know that

Oh thanks. Good to know that. Cuz I saw on the immigration site's checklist that they listed the rental contract as well. But thanks for letting me know that

This is what I got in the checklist via the test appointment email. It says OR for address evidence, so hopefully that'll do. But I would take EVERYTHING I have, including the sublet contract.

Applicants 18 Years of Age or Over

Official document(s) with your photograph and signature (these can appear on either one document or two separate documents)

• Australian driver licence, or

• passport, or

• United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) document, or

• a national identity card, or

• Document for Travel to Australia (DFTTA), or

• another document containing a signature and photograph, such as an air crew identity document, seafarer identity document, military identity document or student card.

Evidence of your current residential address

• a utilities notice such as an electricity, gas or water bill, or

• bank notice, or

• rental contract or rates notice, or

• Australian driver licence.

Evidence of your date of birth, birth name and any changes of name

• a full birth certificate;

• evidence of links between present and previous names, for example a marriage or divorce certificate, if applicable;

• an official document recording your change of name, for example a marriage certificate, a change of name certificate, or adoption papers, if applicable.

Evidence of when you first arrived in Australia and your present country of citizenship

• current and/or previous passport, or

• travel document with a visa such as a Document for Travel to Australia (DFTTA), PLO56 (M56), Titre de Voyage.

1. Date applied: 5 Sep 2016
  2. City/Council area: Brisbane
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 11th Sep 2016
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test: 3 Nov 2016
  6. Approval letter: 15 Nov 2016
  7. Date of ceremony:6/Feb/17 at City Hall
  8. Date invitation letter received: 12/Jan/17
  9. Type of ceremony :Normal

I received my citizenship approval on May 2016 and after calling DIBP every now and then, I finally got a confirmed Citizenship Ceremony this coming 9 March 2017.

Reason for the delay: 1) average waiting period in NSW is 6 to 9 months, there's a looooooong queue. Guys you better move to South Australia that takes only 3 months of waiting if you want to expedite your citizenship ceremony. 2) my council HURSTVILLE has recently merged to KOGARAH. The two populated councils now named: GEORGE RIVER holds only 6 ceremonies per year with 70 candidates per event.

Finally my letter for Citizenship has arrived! Melbourne - Casey Council time line...

Applied: 4 October 2016 (Online)

Council: City Of Casey (Melbourne)

Original test date: 9 Feb 17 (but managed to change to 4th November 2016)

Test date: 4th November 2016 (Passed 100%)

Approval: 4th November 2016

Ceremony: March 22 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone on here who has applied for passport after citizenship did you use recent or older photos?

I believe i needed for when applying for citizenship or might have been something else cant remember.

Anyway i have only used like one photo from the bunch of 6 and same with daughter.

So 5 left of each.

It says to use within 6 months are they kiding me? Im sure the post office regardless in the world has been dated is this just to try and grab more money off you?

My daughters ones expired about month ago and mine maybe two months ago it has date of when taken and when expires.

It says not to be used for id purposes really?

The dates are not stamped on photos so its not as if they know just at the side of bunch of 6.

So gets cut off anyway.

I really dont fancy spending out on two sets of photos when clearly i have already.

Are they to know when it was taken?

Finally I received my test date email. originally it was 13th April, however I managed to change the test date on 1st Feb by online

see the link below. I guess this is new service for Melbourne only.

https://appointments.border.gov.au/login

Hi Shriniwas

I tried out this link but it doesn't allow me to proceed using my client id and last name. May I check which office did you choose for the test, probably they allow it only for limited locations as it's in beta currently?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk