AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

[h=2]icon14.png Citizenship[/h]

Hi friends , replying to my earlier post

brisbane city council

Applied for citizenship -24 July 2016

citizenship test-23 sep 2016

approval letter- 30 sep 2016

Called DIBP 30 November 2016 and they said I have been booked for the date 26 January 2017 for the ceremony and I will receive letter from council after Boxing Day.

Very happy as my current passport will be expired next year in February and moreover i will be part of Australian day ceremony .

Hi .. here are my updated timeline.

Applied: 12/09/2016 (paper application) blacktown council

Email test date: 19/10/2016 for test date 16 Feb 17

called DIBP: 24/10/2016 and changed the test to 1 December 16

Passed the test: 1 December 16

2 December 16: received a call from DIBP to submit additional form to enable them to approve my citizenship

2 December 16: went to Parramatta DIBP to hand the additional form and the officer also said that my application is approved now

waiting for Approval Letter and Ceremony letter now

Hi friends , replying to my earlier post

brisbane city council

Applied for citizenship -03 Sep 2016

citizenship test-03 Nov 2016

approval letter- 08 Nov 2016

Called DIBP 2 Dec 2016 and they said I have been booked for the date 6 Feb 2017 for the ceremony.

congratulations :) .... i have called twice today but no luck can you tell me at what time did you call?

I called near 2 o clock ... 1.45 then waiting time... lady i spoke to me ..asked me reason for changing..and said dnt think.. changing date will make it quicker..bla bla..?.. may be she wasnt happy people calling again and again.. anway..definitely keep calling ... I think middle of the day or 1 or 2 o clock are best times.all the best.. let us know?

Guys,i just realised.. i have chose option ( no) that i dnt want to take part in any ceremony that attracts media attention, by mistake. Shd i call and tell them?

****! I did that aswell which means no Australia Day ceremony for us!!! :( can't believe i did that.... I doubt very much we can change it now because the application has already been approved :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bt jemma i havnt had my test yet and i hasnt been approved so cant i ?

I would tell them at the test. If you're going to do the test on the 22nd of December, just ask them then if they can change it. Also, that question was tricky - if you're looking at the PDF that it generated for your application and it says NO - The applicant does not want ceremony that attracts media attention, that means you said no to the denial, so it's in fact the yes. LOL. I know this because I was reviewing my application and noticed it - went back to edit because I don't mind the media, and I read it again, if ticked (yes) means you don't want attention, if unticked (no) means you do but then the form itself is confusing when you're reading it later.

Congrats on the earlier date! I haven't called back yet, but I have more courage now...

Hey Jemma, just a quick question do you reckon that they wont mind if i call them twice everyday to seek an earlier test date?

Hey! I honestly would call as many times as you like there is no limit... the test booking system is live data so they will tell you on the phone to be quick with saying yes or no to a available appointment because other calls could take them while your thinking about it....

I would suggest requesting a call back instead so you don't waste your day :). But yep I would call as many times as you like, you never know let's hope you can change the date! The wait times for visa are just ridiculous at the moment :(

Jem x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all,

i am going to apply for my citizenship this month. I have some issues, if any one can help me would be appreciated.

The thing is now i have seperated with my wife but not Divorced yet. Its been a year since we are living separate.

When i go through the citizenship application i couldn"t see any were they are asking for my Martial status. Only thing i can see in the application is question 34 where they asked for associate family. Should i mention my wife details there?? I am confused with my status now. if any one come across this situation or if any of you have any knowledge of this situation please guide me . Thx in advance.

Edited by Nani

Hey Jemma, just a quick question do you reckon that they wont mind if i call them twice everyday to seek an earlier test date?

@stirlingperth As many times as you want. Request a callback, wait for them to call you and straight away say what your current test date is and that you are wondering if there are any earlier dates. They won't even bother asking your details most of the time and directly check their system for you.

your kids do not become citizens until you become a citizen. So although they do not have to physically attend the ceremony, their citizenship is dependent on when you become a citizen. They will not get their citizenship certificate until you have finish attending the ceremony yourself.

Thanks for this info, it's a shame as my youngest is already a citizen.

1. Date applied: 20/07/2016

2. City/Council area: Bunbury WA

3. Online / Paper: Online

4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 20/07/2016

5. Date of the Citizenship Test: TBA

6. Date of ceremony: TBA

7. Type of ceremony (Urgent/Normal)

Hi all, I applied in July and still haven't heard anything.

Cheers

Hi Naburn have you heard anything yet? I applied online at the end of June

, it went through to regional WA. I only heard from them recently and have my test this week at Centrelink!